You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost in the Living Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost in the Living Room

 

Me and my dad swear this house is haunted. Of course, my mom won't have any idea of it. My dad was asleep and he heard high heels walking across the room. I know it's true because I've heard them too. My dad thought it was my mom trying to scare him. He waited until it got really close to him. He felt cold! He turned around and was going to scare my mom, he yelled raaaawwwww and there was nobody there! And a few nights later, we heard it again. He waited until it got really close and he held real still, he felt cold again! Then the cover was pulled up around closer to his neck. He waited until the foot steps were a little farther away, he turned around and there was no body there!

We see the curtains in the hall move all the time and stuff fall during the middle of the night. What ever it is, I don't think it's trying to hurt us. It must have been a mom because it covers us up at night if were uncovered.

If anybody has experienced stuff like this, please comment. I want to know!

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
It sounds as if there is a caring soul in your home still trying to care for others. I imagine these events are frightenening, however, with the events you have described, it certainly doesn't appear to mean any harm.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
thanks for sharing your story. My house is haunted I seen a ghost in my bathroom. A ghost of a teenage boy. Last week I heard a voice of a little girl coming from my mum and dad's room then she dropped something. She sounds so cute though.
Unkowns Friend (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
I have sort of experienced this because my best friend`s house is haunted! Just be nice to the ghost and if it bothers you tell it to go to the light...
Lindy May (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Hello!
I have not yet experienced that scary happening... But I just want you to know that your story is really creepy... And I love ghost story... If you want to email me my address is Melissa_Jabines [at] yahoo.com...Thankz...God Bless...
SierraAnn (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-08)
hey southern monkey yea I have experienced something like this too. When I was 9 my uncle died and him and my dad lived together in my house and my bedroom was up in the attic and all the time I would hear footsteps up and down my stairs whenever I was in there. I never slept up there though cause I was to afraid. And there is stuff in my house thats always unexplained. Like how my moms crystal figure ended up on the floor straight-up. It wasn't me cause I was at school and my dad was at work. If you want to email me my address is smiely_angel23 [at] yahoo.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: