You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Floating Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Eyes

 

When he was young, my grandpa he was a wild man, he drank all the time and cussed. Him and his cousin Wade were going coon hunting on a old road that they lived on. It was out in the middle of the woods. As you know, it's dark when you go coon hunting. Well, my grandpa and Wade were driving my grandpa's car. It was a piece of junk! It quit and they were in the middle of the woods, trying to work on the car. The only light they had was a lighter, it was almost out of fluid. My papaw was mad and cussing and Wade told him there was something coming up here. My papaw told him to shut up and to hold the lighter still. But Wad dropped the lighter and jumped in the car. My papaw turned around and saw two yellow eyes floating toward the car. He yelled and jumped in the car with Wade. The eyes circled the car over and over. This is true, my papaw was a Christian and wouldn't lie.

Please comment if you have experienced anything like this, I would love to hear your story.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

comeswithlight (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
I've been searching for a story like this! FINALLY! Same colour as the ones I seen as well. I come from a First Nation's community in Manitoba, Canada called Bloodvein First Nation. As an Aboriginal person I've been accustomed to hearing legends and stories my whole life. I've had my share of experiences with the paranormal but when it comes to the surrounding woods in my northern isolated community I feel at home. I truly feel at one with nature. But since I'm an adult now I can say I've seen a couple unexplainable things in the woods up there as well as heard unexplainable things. But specifically I can relate to this story about floating eyes. This isn't the only thing I've seen as I've said but my experience goes like this: I was just a young boy and me and my cousin were wandering around the trails in the woods, taking a "shortcut" that I was familiar with through the woods to get to another part of the community. We were just exiting from the trail and the edge of the woods reaching our destination and walking towards the road when I just happened to get a weird feeling, I remember looking back towards the trail in the thick bush of trees we came from and there they were, a bit higher off of the ground than my height, two yellow floating eyes watching me and cousin but not leaving the woods, just floating there at the edge above ground in mid daylight! This was the afternoon. I can't really remember why but I remember being more confused than scared, but the fear of not knowing was still there, I put my cousin on my back like a piggy back ride and ran towards the road. I will never forget seeing them, walking away from the woods looking back to see those piecing bright eyes, as if they were following us for the whole trail. Now like I said this was broad daylight, and they were floating above the trail with no branches to support them. I believe years went by and as a young boy I didn't give too much thought to what I had seen but the memory was there and one day my family were telling stories about their experiences in our community. I piped up and told them about my experience of the floating yellow eyes and I received more support than I thought I would, turns out I'm not the only one in my community who has seen them, my mother and one or two of my uncles seen those same yellow floating eyes when they were teenagers while playing at one of the most isolated places in our community, the garbage dump, they said they saw the exact same yellow floating eyes. I don't remember the nature of eyes and what they did. But these eyes are eyes and nothing more, broad daylight I seen them, no animal or orbs, they were distinct eyes. Thanks for sharing! This is an experience I won't forget, and I'm glad I can share the same experience with others.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
same but in my bedroom and they were blinking and staring at me allll of the time and it was sooo scary! X
thecakeisreal (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
I have seen red eyes in a bathroom(read my story) but they never really moved
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
I have seen floating clouds that's what I've seen. I have also had round flashes go into me and my bed feels like it floating now and then its really strange. 😐
kinko (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
hey don't worry there is nothing to be afriad of they were jus lonly and had no one to paly with so its okay
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-08)
This sounds more like a UFO sighting than it does a ghost one. Not unbelievable, just different.
dylan bean (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-08)
i had the same thing that happened to me if you read my story I see two eyes my story is big eyes so if you read it two eyes just stare at you but yours just cicle the car my go away as soon as I see them

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: