You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was My Imaginary Friend Real?

Real Ghost Stories

Was My Imaginary Friend Real?

 

Since as far back as I can remember I've seen things that my parents can't. I've heard things that no one else hears, I've smelled things that no one seems to smell, and I've felt things that aren't there.

My mother tells me stories about when I was younger. As most children do, I had a so-called imaginary friend named Sarah. When my mother could not find things and I swore I hadn't taken them, she would sometimes find them under my dresser. After finding things she had lost under there, she confronted me about it. I would say things like, "Mum, it wasn't me" or, "Mum, it must have been Sarah!" She would think I was just trying to get over on her and let it slide. But after this happening more and more in the passing weeks, she confronted me with it again, saying, "Enough with these games! Stop taking my things!"

After that, they stopped but other strange things started to happen. Like the pantry door swinging open when everyone is in the living room, coming home from vacation with the windows open when we knew that they were locked and closed when we left. We blamed it on the ghost, thinking nothing of it, then. Things like these continued to happen over the next eight years.

My father got a promotion moving him to another state. While we were packing up my room, my mother told me about when I used to hide things under my dresser. While we were moving the dresser, a part of the molding fell off of the wall. Inside the wall there were small trinkets like lockets, candies, dolls, coins, a book and a diary, telling about a girl named Sarah.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXcaseyXclasherXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

soggypotatoes (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
...wow. Are you phsychic? (I can't spell) I mean, I can "sense" things. (no one beleives me T_T) But that's awesome. I wish my house was interesting TT^TT

...well, I found a spoon buried in my back yard!... But that's not interesting, is it? ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜œ
Xyal (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
It would be quite interesting, if you decide to read the diary. Who knows, maybe she was hiding stuff there, to guide you to her diary and treasures, maybe she wanted to someone to know about her?
broken_heart (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
wow that's pretty creepy yet awsome! ๐Ÿ˜Š I would realy love to know what you descovered in the diary!
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Awesome, but it sounds as if Sarah likes to hide things she may like. And yeah, any diary entries you'd like to post?
Midnight_Dreams_Like_a_Flower (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
wow...maybe you should make a website that tells about her or put it on your peofile I really want to find oput about her noe ๐Ÿ˜ญ
samialyssa14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
wow do you think sometime you could write some parts of the diary? I am very curious about that.
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Great story. I enjoyed reading it. My niece used to have an 'imaginary' friend, as well in their house. But it stops when they lived with my parents now because my sister is working already and no one could take care of them. ๐Ÿ˜Š
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
wow this was a great story. I realy enjoyed reading it. I believe that this was a spirit. And for sure this must have been Sarah. But I as other members here believe that she couldn't have come from the 1600s. I would suggest like WhiteBuffalo said. Check it out. The more answers you get the better understanding you will have. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Unless this child was a product of a fairly rich family the chances of being literate in that era would have been slim to none. You might have had a spirit but I don't think it was a child from 400 years Ago that lived in Jersey.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-07)
I would be willing to bet, that not all of the things discovered in the wall belonged to the girl Sarah. Yes, I would say you have substantial proof that the diary was hers, but since some of your Mothers things had been found under the dresser, maybe someone else's things were ferreted away there too. Maybe they were forgotten.
In all honesty, I would take some of the items to an appraiser. I would simply ask for an estimated time line.
You said in your comment that the diary was dated in the mid 1600's, but I really find it hard to believe that a candy that was left in the wall would survive for over four hundred years. That is why I would suggest taking the things in to be appraised.
Also, once a person passes on, their diary is fair game. Especially when there is a four hundred year space in time. Anne Frank is a prime example.
Thank you.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-07)
wow! That girl must have had a hiding place when she was young! Did you keep the stuff?
Sonicfreak (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
Holy crap! You realy found a dairy in the wall!? That's wierd, by the way plese check out my story, it's called "The Ghost In The Vent". ๐Ÿ˜œ
xXcaseyXclasherXx (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
to Ghosthunter123
I do not really get that sort of a vibe from the diary or the trinkets there more like memmories or treasures that some one would keep. Like in our time it would be concert tix, or a gift from an ex like a necklace. Then it was a diary, some old notes, a book of poems, and other stuff. Yeah I could see them then and I still see them now. ๐Ÿ˜Š

To KittyK
Yeah I do unfortunatly I still see, hear, feel, and smell things. Yes I will be writing again soon ๐Ÿ˜Š
The things in the wall were very well into the mid 1600's because the diary had the date that she receved it and her information on the first page but I've never gone farther than that I do not think it wise to read another girls inter most thoughts, even if she has passed away.
Ghosts (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
That is a really nice story

๐Ÿ˜Š
I think Sarah may have been alive in another time it was nice of her to stop hiding all those things ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜Š
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
Hmm, interesting. Sometimes this happens when small children are playing with their "imaginary friend". Some people say that it is because of children's innocence that they are more likely to see spirits.

How old is the house? Putting things into the wall sound like something a family would do during a war and they were leaving in a hurry not wanting to leave any signs that they had been there. Try and do some research on your house, it may give you some idea of when this girl was alive.
jlee19 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
what a nice story I njoyed reading it... At least the ghost mean no harm and realized that she needs to stop
KittyK (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Do you still hear and feel strange things that others do not? I would be interested in knowing more about your experiences. Awesome story, how old were the things in the wall?
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
This is such a neat story. Do you remember seeing Sarah or do you only know what your mother has told you about these incidents?
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Ok now. You cannot just leave us in suspense like that! What did the diary say about the girl? That is a really neat story. โค Jazz
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
This story could very well be true. Another explanation could be that you slept walked as a child and hid these things from your mom yourself. Perhaps you may have "invented" the imaginary child when in fact it was another "personality". I know most of us can admit to pretend to be "Wonder Woman" or "Snow White" when we were young, I know I did. I know I also slept walked and would do weird things, like peel the labels off of jars in the middle of the night.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Wow! That is so creepy. I mean creepy as in the wierd way. You should research your house. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
resz (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
That is really creepy. Was there anything interesting in the diary? If there was you should post some of the entries!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Wow! That's really amazing. At least Sarah realized that she was getting you in trouble and stopped doing it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: