You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Fatherly Visits During Childbirth

Real Ghost Stories

Fatherly Visits During Childbirth

 

This all happened whilst giving birth to my first child. When I was six months pregnant, my would-be father-in-law passed suddenly. He was a fantastic man and we got on amazingly, so I loved him like he was my dad. He was a bit of a joker and he always said throughout my pregnancy, I wasn't the important one, that my belly was number one now. After he passed, many of the family claimed to see him around but I was always a bit skeptical.

The day it happened, I was in labour for a couple of hours when the midwife said it was time to deliver my baby and moved me to a bigger room. I had no drugs or any pain relief of any kind and just as I was about to push my baby out when I stopped, suddenly. A song that my partner and I loved came on the radio station. We always said it was just like my partner's father, and the song meant a lot to us. I felt the urge to say to my partner, "Look, he's here," but no words would come out. The pain had all gone and in the corner of the room, I knew where he stood. I knew how his hands were placed in front of him and how his feet were parted, even the smile on his face. He didn't appear as a physical person. It wasn't intrusive, nor did I feel uncomfortable that he was there and I was naked at the time. I just felt safe and protected, like no matter what, me and my baby would be fine. This was massive to me because I'm always petrified of dying during childbirth.

I never told anyone about it as I didn't want to bring any more pain to anyone. However, three years later when I was giving birth to my daughter, the music on the radio was playing. Out of the blue, the same song as before came on as I pushed out my baby. It wasn't as strong as the first time, but I know it was his way of saying, "I will always make sure you are ok."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jemz1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
I dreamt of 2 girls in 2001 Lilike was born sick in June 2003 after a high risk pregnancy of my severe maternal anemia and after a dream of a boy in 2004 I ttc in 2005 and birthed a son Locke in May 2006. In February 2007 suffered a miscarriage and in July 2008 gave birth to a healthy girl Anjeni my biggest baby and healthy 2.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
My daughter Lilike was born with TTN some fluid in the lungs at the time the NNU thought she had sepsis due to a high white cell count at birth. Lilike was born at 2:05pm on June 25th 2003. My dad said Locke would haev the cord wrapped around his neck twice and he did as I pushed him out and his dad cut the cord and he was healthy born at 5:20pm on May 29th 2006. Put the 20 in front of 5 and you get 2:05pm Lilikes birth time. Locke was born on the supposed day my dads nanna whom I was named after died. My mans grandmother was Judith. And Judith was the name of the midwife who delivered Locke and the middle name of Lilike his sister present at his birth and both kids present at the birth of youngest child Anjeni in July 22nd 2008 at 9:26pm.
Maxie5 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-25)
this is a lovely story, and very warm. It is nice to know we all have an angel somewhere up their looking out for us.

God bless
jemz1984 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
thankyou all for reading my story I'm glad you all liked it, it meant so much to me I don't feel his presence often but I'm sure next time I give birth he will be right there again. As for my partner he hasnt felt him which is a shame because he really wishes he could but he is a bit skeptic so he might not even notice if he had visisted him. Thanks again.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
This was a very lovely story. I realy enjoyed reading it. It shows you how much this man loved you and your baby. Maybe he couldn't see the child in person but he was lucky enough to see him in spirit. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
What a trully amazing story! I hope you know by now how much he loved you to keep coming back when you need his help the most.

What an amazing man he must have been!
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Very sweet and comforting tale. It is the ties that bind.
As your gauradian angel is there at such a time that you need his comfort, so will you be for your daughters at the time they need your comfort most.
I would suggest you share this tale with your daughters when you feel it is apropriate.

Again thanks for sharing this very moving tale with us.

Brian
kimberly (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
That same thing happened to my neighbpor. She was very close to her father who happened to be a doctor. He died before she began her family and when her oldest was born her dad appeared to her and told her that the baby had fluid in her lungs, but that she was fine. The neighbor thought she was loopy from the epidural, but the nurse came in and repeated verbatim what her dad had said a few minutes before. I hope you have another great experience like that with you Father-in-law.
strawberry307 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Hi nice story. Do you feel him present any other times, like maybe you childrens b-day?Also has your partner ever seen or felt him?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Thank you for sharing your story! It's such a great thing that you have your father in law looking out for you now. Congratulations on your children and take care!
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
jemz1984-thank you for sharing your experience with us. Are these two occasions the only time that you have felt his presence around?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: