You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visits From My Grandmas

Real Ghost Stories

Visits From My Grandmas

 

I already posted a story Passenger Ghost, which was the most terrifying one I ever had! Now I will post multiple experiences, that happened to me throughout my 18 years.

My first experience I remember clearly happened when I was about four years old, and I remember my age because I remember mum pregnant with my younger sister. Dad was sleeping late because he went hunting for birds. He did that frequently, so he was out whole night. I slept with my mum in their bedroom.

Let me describe it a bit. When you get inside, you find the bed immediately, and from the bed on the left side, you can see through the door to the stairs for down stairs. I slept on the left side because it's my dad side. Mum was in the bathroom and she asked me to go downstairs and lock the door. I told her I don't want to, but she didn't hear me. After a couple of seconds, I saw a silhouette going down the stairs. It looked like a head is floating. I couldn't see all the body because the part of the stairs, but it didn't look like mum. I heard the door locking, but I never saw the silhouette coming back. After a couple minutes, mum came to bed and said, "Why didn't you turn of the lights of the stairs after coming up?" I was confused and told her I didn't lock the door, she did! She went down to check and it was locked! My mum doesn't believe in ghosts and stuff, so she insisted that she maybe locked it before and she didn't remember. I insisted I saw someone going down and not coming back!

Another experience I had when I was about seven years old. I loved my grand grandmother who died when I was five. My mum and I were the ones to find her dead, although I don't remember that. As a psychology student, I know that it's a repressed thought that brings up the fear of cadavers I have. I was cleaning my room and I have her photo. I was removing some dust from the frame when all of a sudden I hear her in my head saying, "Brooke, I'm always here." I cried all day, and again mum didn't believe me!

When I was about fourteen, I was friends with this guy, and we always had barbecue's at his house. His father is a medium, but he only keeps it for himself. My friend, who was with me, didn't know who her father was because he died before she was born, only I knew it. When we met this guy's father, he told her, "Is your dad dead? I can see him, he's near you." He described him exactly as the photo she had of him at home! Then I jokingly asked him, since I didn't expect any response, if any one is near me. He described my grand grandma as I remember her; tall, chubby, white hair, big glasses and grey dress!

Last year, I also had an experience. I was waiting mum in the car and in front of me there was a bus stop, and a bus waiting for people. A woman caught my eye. She was staring at me but smiling at the same time! After a second I recognized her. She was my grandma, my dad's mum who died when he was only seven! Mum, again, didn't believe me. But she believed me for a bit when two months after, we had Christmas dinner at my aunt's who lives in England, she said once she saw her mum on the bus. I looked at mum and started the "I told you" so's, I'm not crazy!

Something that happens almost all the time, is that I feel some one is watching. I don't know how I know it's a male in his fourties living at our neighbour's house, and he just comes to watch me some times, even while I'm showering.

Thank you for reading. I look forward for your comments, and maybe some more experiences.

Brooke

Other hauntings by bruwx

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bruwx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
i can totally realate to you! I too have experiences like this but I have spoken to my grandma... It was nice but wierd if you get what I meeen!
Read my story or add me on msn! Ask if you want my addy! 😁
Elle ❤
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
im comfortable with my granny visiting, I hope she shows up again, altough I know shes here =]
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I believe that you are a senscitive. It might be scary but I believe it is a good thing. If you feel uncomfortable with the visitations aI would suggest you to help these spirits cross over. Tell them to go to the light. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
HEY how are you brux haven't talked to you in a longgggg time. Lol luv yas

Katona1700s ❤
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Ive told the male ghost to leave me, he hasnt been around for a while, I believe in ghosts and paranormal because I have experienced it my whole life!
I agree with you that in psychology the fact of one saying they see ghosts they are judged badly, but hey it happened to me all the time, so thers no way out of this, I just accept that I can feel and see people on other plane! Besides I'm happy that I saw my granny I wish I can see her and talk to her, because I never met her in real life.

Thanks for the comments
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Sounds like you're sensitive to a world most people don't perceive and yet, is there. Maybe that's why you get all these visitations from time to time. If I were you, I'd kindly ask the male spirit to stop watching you while you're in the shower. Spirit or no spirit, he's invading your privacy.

Unfortunately when one claims to see ghosts or spirits is usually perceived as a depressed individual who refuses to aknowledge and accept reality and, instead, seeks a more adventurous world to explore. Trying to persuade them otherwise might only make them more concerned. I've learnt to keep most things to myself as a defensive mechanism. I don't know if it's a wise choice but it works for now.

Thank you for an interesting account of experiences Brooke.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Yes it actually feels great knowing she never actualy left my side =]
Really great!
Thanks for reading
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Wow, those are quite some experiences! But, it must feel good to know that your grandma is watching out for you. Take care.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: