You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Phantom Scream

Real Ghost Stories

The Phantom Scream

 

I was hanging out at my friend's house one night. He told me about an experience he and my other buddy had when they were walking down a dirt lane about a hundred yards from the house.

They were walking along the lane talking when they saw what looked like a young girl standing on the lane looking out at the field next to it. This wouldn't be all that weird if it wasn't for the fact that she was "glowing," as they described it, with no face. They also felt very sad when they saw her. They described it as if they just watched a sad movie.

Several nights later, I decided to walk down this lane. I was with two other people when I went down the lane. One of the people I was with kept seeing something in the field to the left of us. I just thought he was letting his mind run away with him. As we were walking, I reached a point along the lane and felt a strong feeling of fear. I actually dry heaved it was that bad. I stopped dead in my tracks. I figured I had enough and turned around to walk back to the house.

As I was walking back, I felt I was being chased, so I decided to walk a little faster. Then I decided to jog, then I flat out sprinted. The whole time I was running I still felt like I was being chased. When I reached the tree line about ten feet away from the main road, all the fear and the feeling of being chased went away. From past experiences, I knew that something was not right. I reached my buddy's house and sat down and told him what happened.

After a while, curiosity got the better of my judgment. I decided to go back down the lane, but with my buddy who lived at the house. We decided to go at 3:00 in the morning as we both knew that many people believe that this is the most active time for the supernatural. So we went and walked down the lane, right past the same tree line that I passed before I felt like I was being watched. We actually made it to the end of the lane this time.

On the way back, I decided to show my friend where I first felt the feeling of fear. When we reached the spot my friend stopped me and said this is where he and my other friend saw the little girl. This, I thought, was to weird to be a coincidence.

I figured I would try some EVP work. I took out my phone and started recording. I asked if anybody was with us. No answer. I asked if we were disturbing anyone, and if so could they let us know without hurting either of us. After I said that, a horrible scream split the air that was louder then anything I have ever heard. We took that as sign to get the hell out of there.

We walked back to the house. While we were walking, we both felt that we should stay off the lane and walk in the grass. We got back to the house and listened to the recording. When we got to the part of the recording where the scream should have been, it wasn't there. There is no reason why the scream shouldn't have been on the recording. It was loud enough to show up and we both heard it.

So, to conclude, the only thing I can say is there is something down that lane that is paranormal. What, I'm still trying to find out.

Other hauntings by WRP

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WRP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bewitched (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
That is such a freaky story! I have seen, heard and felt ghosts before! O yes iv also seen an angel and demon before😨
EllyElmo (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Wow, I love your story. I bet the scream was awful! You were brave to go down that lane. 😊
X
WRP (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Here are some things that have happened to me since my stroll down the lane. That night when I went home I felt as though I was not the only one in the house. So I cheacked all the rooms, even the attic and basement. I didn't find anybody but felt I was being followed the whole time. I thought this was strange because I have never felt anything like that in my house. I decided to go to sleep that night with the lights on. Next couple of days go by with the same feeling of being followed. But now its everywhere I go, home, work, etc. The part that caused me to lose almost all control was when I was driving back to my buddys house about 4-5 days after my walk, my truck started to vear to the right. I had to actually fight to keep the truck on the road. When a car came near me coming from the opposite direction the truck righted itself and I almost hit the car. That really shook me. After that I simply bowed my head and asked anything that is great and good to please protect me. That night I had a dream that a dark cloud was chasing me. As I was running I saw A white cloud come from the horizen and pass over head. I looked back and saw the white cloud smother the dark cloud. The a womens voice said everything is alright. Thats when I woke up. I still don't know what happened. But everything is ok now. Any one have any ideas what happened?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like a movie I saw on late night TV.
Very frightening though.

God Bless!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Hello Wrp that was a good story, It is weird how the scream didn't pick up. Thanks for sharing it. 😊
Kamalani123 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
This story scares the heck out of me and that is a compliment to you WRP. 😨Good story. 😁 I ❤ your story.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Hello Wrp Wow that Spooky and You and your buddy heard a scream that may be something bad there should have find the history of that place what you think?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: