You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sleeping Beneath The Watcher

Real Ghost Stories

Sleeping Beneath The Watcher

 

In 1999, I had moved from the big city to Emmett. My parents had just purchased a new manufactured home that they had placed on a ten acre lot. Shortly after the manufactured home was complete we moved in. It started off real quiet.

There wasn't a noise that seemed to clutter the air. Instead of horns beeping and people hollering in the city, we would sit out watch the sunset under the occasional moo of cows and the continuous buzzing of mosquitoes.

At the time, there were four kids, two adults, and four bedrooms, so naturally my sister and I shared a room. My oldest sister was over at a friend's house for the night and the sister I shared my room with had her friend over. So I went ahead and stayed in my oldest sister's bedroom.

It was about ten at night so I went to bed, only this night was different. I was lying there thinking about my day and slowly drifting off. I suddenly became aware of this odd feeling. In the moment that I became aware of it, I got this image in my mind of a man standing over me looking down. To this day, his face remains in my mind clear as day.

I remember noticing his eyes first. They were dark in the unlit bedroom and his hair was brown and bushy. He had a mid-length beard and what seemed like a crazed look on his face. Not so much insanity crazed but curious.

In the shock of what was before me I jumped right out of my sister's bed and ran into my room where my sister and her friend were giggling and swapping stories. I dove under her bed. Her instant reaction was of course, what do you think you are doing. After the surprise subsided from her face, she asked me what I was doing. I told her flat out she couldn't pay me enough to go back into that room. She proceeded to ask why, and my only response, as bitter as it may have been at the time was, "You can't expect me to sleep with HIM standing over me while I try to sleep, do you?"

At this point she was only more confused. After a few minutes, I had stopped shaking enough to tell her what had happened. She decided to allow me a few to calm down before she insisted I go back to bed. When I went back to bed I kept my door wide open and the blankets cocooned around me until I relaxed and went to sleep.

Other hauntings by IveySage

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IveySage, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IveySage (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Okay to clarify some things let me first explain that my oldest sister had never mentioned anything odd however my other sister has had an experience of her own. Also in the darkness of the room his eyes took on the apperance of dark or black but due to the darkness I was unable to identify the color of his eyes. As far as the image in my mind I am unsure how else to explain it. My eyes were closed and it was as if I was seeing him wihth my eyes open. Other than that we had moved out several years after once I was the only child left living with my parents they had no need for such a large home. I hope I answered all the wquestions and thanks for reading.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Hello IveySage.
I do not know about the Wanderer theory.
His eyes were dark in an unlit bedroom. Could you please elaborate on that?
Besides the eerie feeling, what drew your attention to the fact that there was a man standing over you and looking down? And "I got this image in my mind of a man standing..." Was it IN YOUR MIND, or could you see him clearly standing in that room?
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-21)
Sounds like this spirit wondered who you were and what you were doing in his space. Hopefully he will get the drift that he no longer owns the land which the house was built on. Unfortunately that fact may have to be explained to him. If he made eye contact with you chances are it's an intelligent haunting. This can be a good thing being that he may be able to be reasoned with about moving along to the Light. Am I to assume you still live in the same house now? Did you only see it that one time? Has the house been quiet for the last 9 years? Are you the only one that ever encountered it?
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Hiya Ivey, TOTALLY spooky story! I aswell think Brownie is right! The spirit of the land owner is still around to see whos moved onto his land. Did you ask your eldest sister about the face, and whether she saw it when she was in there?
Thanks for the story, Lily x
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Very creepy story, Ivey. Yeah, I also agree with Brownie, the guy must have been wondering what happened to his land. You still living there?
Draycon (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Sounds ot me he wants to know about what's going on and the new people in the house, could be why the land was on the market in the first place
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Brownie, I was about to say the same thing. That manufactured home probably isn't the issue.

Try salt, darling. Put salt around your home. Say prayers before bed. It's possible he's wondering what in the world this building is doing on his land! I suggest the next time you feel his presence tell him to go to the light, that his friends and family will be waiting for him.

Just to help you ease a little, he doesn't sound like a "bad" spirit. Just curious. Good luck, and God bless!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Brownie may have a point. Just because it is a new home, the land it sits on is certainly not new by any means.

God Bless!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hi IveySage, thanks for sharing your story. I think that the guy you seen was probably connected to that land that your home was built on, and he was curious on what happened to the land, and the people that are occupying it. Sorry, I couldn't be much help. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: