You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Four Unexpected Visitors

Real Ghost Stories

Four Unexpected Visitors

 

This is my first story and it isn't about me, but it is about someone very close to me! My mum - Christine.

When Christine was about seventeen, she lived with her mum in Wales. She and her mum lived in a small rented apartment, which meant that Christine had to walk through my nana's room and up about three steps to get to her room.

One night, when Christine was in her bedroom getting ready for bed and her mum was doing the same in her room, my mum heard footsteps come into her room. My mum thought it was just her mum and climbed into bed. After getting comfy in her bed, my mum looked up to find four faces looking back at her!

In front of her stood four ghostly figures! There was a man, a woman and two children, a boy and a girl. The family was dressed in clothing from Victorian times, the females were wearing long skirts and bonnets and the males wore baggy shirts and pants. The woman reached over to touch Christine's hand, and she was about five centimeters away when my nana shrieked, "GET AWAY FROM HER!"

At that moment the four figures vanished and my nana sat down on Christine's bed. She then told my mum that she had seen the four figures walk through her bedroom and up the steps, but they hadn't noticed her! She was then curious and followed the family, which was why she was worried they would harm my mum when they went to touch her hand.

I was wondering if anybody could explain these four paranormal figures and why they went to touch my mum's hand? Thank you for reading my first story and please help me calm my mum down as she won't sleep on her own since this happened!

Thanks again, Lily

Other hauntings by TigerLily

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TigerLily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
A few of you thought that the family were trying to warn my mum about something. When I mentioned this to her last night, she told me that not long after that experience they had to leave. My grandmother had cancer and had to travel up north to recieve the treatment. My mum didn't know this at the time.
Do you think this is what they were trying to warn her about?

God Bless. Lily ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Thanks for all of the comments!
Oldsoul66: I'm glad people can relate to my story. What do you think the family were trying to warn my mum about? Good or bad? Your welcome for the post.

Frypan100: Do you think they were shadow people? My mum could see the details of the figures though, but like you said, they can take on different forms. I'm just glad they didn't harm my mum. Maybe they did know her. We can never tell. I will have to ask my mum to do some research on the history of the apartment. I will let you know if we find anything of interest.

God Bless. Lily ❤
frypan100 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
I think they knew you from a past life. Thats my take on this. Thanks hang in there
frypan100 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
I can only say what I know about shadow people from experience. They can be invisible when they want. And they ARE NOT all evil! They vary in attitude just like people from nice to evil. And like I said they do not always have to take on a shadowform. I think energies can take on several different kinds of forms.
Good luck, a heart filled with deep love at all times is one way of keeping the lower vibrating energies (evil) away.
oldsoul66 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-05)
This story is refreshing to people that can relate. The reason any sprit makes mortal contact with anyone is to give a sign or warning about something, not always bad nor good. I'm happy you truly believe in the unexplained just like me. Oh and thanks for your nice post! 😁

~Isabella
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Hi ChrisB, My mom said she didn't have any more experiences in that particular house, but she has had quite a few other weird but spooky experinces in other houses (I will write about one of these in my second story)
I hope this helps in some way 😊
Lily x
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I have to agree with Kimo on this one. I believe that a family used to live in that building. I think that your family has had some experiences with this. I would ask them if they had more experiences. I wouldn't be surprised. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-21)
Hi xXClaireBearXx, I told my mom what you had written in your message and she said it really comforted her! Thanks, Lily x
xXClaireBearXx (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
It seems like they weren't malevolent spirits at all. They were just trying to convey a message to your mom. It sounds like they are a family, who are somehow connected to the area the apartment is in, and when the woman reached out it sounds like she was comforting your mom, or about to show her how they died.
Tell your mom that there is nothing to worry about, and that the ghosts were just a lost family who needed help.

Xx
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Thanks for all the comments!
Brownie09: I feel the figures were a family too, and they had something to do with the building she was in. Thanks for the help, Lily x

KimSouthO: I spoke to my mom about the incident earlier and she told me she moved out soon after that happening so she didn't stay long enough for anything else to happen. Thank you, Lily x

Tydin: As I said before, I spoke to my mom earlier and she answered a few of your questions, hopefully to clear things up a bit, she said: When the female figure reached out to touch her hand she did not feel threatened, but frightened! When she looked at the faces of the family they looked as if they were looking at someone who was unwell [mom's words]. When her mom walked in and yelled at the figures my mom didn't have chance to see their expressions change as they just vanished. Hope that helps, Lily x

Luca: Thanks for the comment, and my mom said she was very frightened but she didn't feel at all threatened! [if that makes sense] Thanks again, Lily x

Hope my moms answers clear things up a bit more, Lily x 😁
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Wow Tiger Lily, that must've been very frightening for your mom. As for the figures, I have no idea about their real purpose or why they would try to touch your mom. Like the other posters say, they were probably associated with the building.
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Wow, rare that a story on here gives me chills. Must have been the reaching out to touch her hand bit that did it...
Would be interested to hear more on this as I can't really comment on the information given other then, I'd be interested to know if your mum felt threatened at the time or if she can remember what the expressions on there faces were like. And did the look startled when your nana shouted at them?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
I would assume from the information given, the family was in some way associated with the building or the apartment. They may have wanted only to touch your mothers hand to make sure they were noticed. There may have been unfinished business they were trying to relay.

Were there any other incidents that occured while in that apartment?

God Bless!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi Lily! First off I just want to say thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like the four figures were a family, that was posssibly connected to that house or the land, and were probably curious about who your mother was, and probably sensed that with your mother being young, they could probably communicate with her, better than your grandmother. They might have been there to try to tell your mother what had happened to them.
As for it sounding a family the way described in your story, I really don't think that they were there to cause harm, but were just curious on who your mother was.
Again, thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: