You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dreams of Haunted Places

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams of Haunted Places

 

I sometime encounter ghosts in my dreams. Theses dreams always leave me freaked out especially if I'm scared about the experience. Some of my dreams are reoccurring. In some dreams I manage to help a spirit and other times I'm just so freaked out by the energy or the negative presence. I wake up and wonder why do I go there in my dreams, and think to myself upon waking "oh no! not that dream again". I've had a few really scary dreams about ghosts I'll never forget. One was when I was pregnant. I encountered a female ghost who tried to kill me by strangling me, and somehow I knew that she had actually killed herself in real life because she had suffered a loss of an unborn child. Don't ask me how I knew this but I knew she was really upset and jealous of me because I was expecting and I woke up screaming "No!". Because I was trying to get her off of me, she had me down on the ground and I felt like she was on top of me while I woke up. I woke myself up yelling for my life. I was so shakened up that I told my partner about it. In real life I am clairvoyant about spirits and ghosts as well.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
I know this may sound a little off the wall but, maybe some of the dreams of ghost are from your previous life, like the lady who killed herself because she lost her unborn child. I don't know it is just and idea, I hope the dreams get better.
sawwheeler (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
cant say it paranormal except about the part when you woke up and felt like something was still on you but that's probably R.E.M sleep or rapid eye movement sleep
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
I have had dreams of ghosts and of haunted places. They have never really been scary dreams otherwise I would have said nightmares. Sometimes in these dreams I can feel them. It feels like a strong static electricity. Very strange experiences though. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
I am told that it is easier for we live persons to encounter ghosts in our dream state as most of us are not as receptive to those who have gone before us. The problem is that sometimes we do not realize that we have had a visit from the other realm. Lots of times, I suppose, they have messages for us, sometimes just want to say hi. I believe that if you try to think very positively before bedtime, even asking your Higher Power for the ability to have either no dreams, or peaceful ones, the "nightmares" will end. I generically call them nightmares, but I think they are actually visions. Good luck and thank you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
AWW that sounds so horrible and scary don't let it get you down. I have dreams about people I don't know then in real life I have seen 2 teenage ghost boys from my dreams. I can have up2 150 people in my dreams and there faces are so clear it really strange cause most of them are dead people. I would of been scared as well If I went through what you went through. Don't be scared. When my granddad died he haunted me for 5 years from the age of 7 years old. It used to scare the life out of me.
Lorraine (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
Hi All , can anyone help me understand this dream I had a dream last night about ghosts , in the dream I had my leloved wee dog mylo with me and there was a room full of ghosts and one of the ghosts was holding a baby and I got the baby off the ghost but this ghost was not as bad as the others but I had to try and pass the other ghosts holding the baby and my dog we did get passsed but it was most horriable then wee ran for some time then I ended up at my house that was full of ghosts I woke up in a terriable state and had to use my inhaler as I could not get a breath am having a lot of bad dreams the now , I am going through IVF at the moment is that why am dreaming about the baby ? So what do the ghosts mean ? Please help as I don't won't to go to sleep tonight.
Angel (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
Dont be scared, it was just a dream .I also have spooky dreamsLike yesterday I was walking in my sleep and also dreaming ,I went to my bro's room and spooked him off. It was not that scary but anyway Iwill tell God not to give you anymore bad dreams Bye Angela ...
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
Dear Angela, Before you retire and head off to dreamland, state out loud the kind of positive dream you wish to have. Keep doing this at your bed time until your negative dreams have changed. Write down your dreams as soon as they happen and analyze them, also make written comments about them when they come up at that moment or even later in the day and/or night. The "dreamscape" is filled with many experiences, lessons and beings of all types. It is up to you to find the meaning of your dream. There are dreams that are precognitive (tell the future), those that return to the past (yours or another person you may know or not know), bring together those who have crossed over, help those who need to cross over, deliver messages from those who cross over or are stuck in between, help you solve simple to difficult problems in your life and dreams that you may find yourself being a student and/or a teacher. Dreams can help us face our darkest fears. Dream books are guides, but in the end it is always up to the dreamer to decipher his or her own dream. You will be fine. Rely on your own inner strength and your intuitiveness.
Samatha (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
don't be scared Angela I live in the UK. I've had the same thing happven to me I got very scared but I didn't tell anyone. Try not to get to scared. I think too my self its not real
Kodak (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-27)
Several weeks ago I had a dream that my father helped change the tires of my car for winter. I told him I didn’t need winter tires because it hasn’t snow for weeks (which is odd during this time in WI), he said I should always be prepared. That weekend I had to go home for a mini family reunion. The weather was clear that entire week and the forecast said the weather will be cloudy, no interruptions in store. That afternoon, sleet came down and I didn’t have snow tires, I cried on the phone with my mom when I told her I couldn’t come. My husband forced us to go regardless of the snow. During the 2-hour drive, we saw dozens of trucks and suv’s in the ditches… Here we were in my little yellow Lancer, without snow tires and going 70 MPH on the highway - zooming past everyone. I got to my mother’s and surprised everyone. She said, “You don’t have snow tires, you should have just stayed home because of the weather. How on earth did you make it?” “Dad helped me get here”, I replied.
Heather (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-19)
I'm from utah in the USA. I have also had dreams of encountering the dead. my father lost a good friend and cousin to cancer befor I was born. my dad doesnt have any pictures of his cousin. he says it hurts to much to look at the pictures so he burned them all. I often see him in my dreams and can give my dad an accurate description of his cousin befor he died. it scares me to talk to him but he promises me that everything is ok. he often has a little girl with him I think that it is my little sister. she died years ago, she looks like me.
harsh (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-10)
Hi I'm form india......... I personally didn,t get those kinda dreams but have seen a lot of peoplp gettin those............(my close friendz though)well.......my hobby is to go to haunted places.......may be I can help you all my id is vardhan_kp [at] yahoo.co.in ..........
Steff (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-06)
Are your dreams feeling real? and may I ask what other dreams you had?
Kady (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-05)
I've also had dreams like that. While I was pregnant with my second child I had a dream a women was trying to kill me to take my baby from me because her and her husband couldnt have babies. It frightened me very much. I told my husband the next morning and he said he had a dream someone had killed me while I was pregnant. It was quite scary and I was very carefull the rest of my pregnancy! Thank God our baby came out fine she is now 2 years old.
Nazima (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-05)
Hi Angela,
I too used to have dream when I was in tenth class. That dream was regular one. I used to be so afraid to sleep. I used to see a big palace, it is very dark. A big gate in front. I am with my mom. We both approached the gate and suddenly the gate opens with a creaking sound. Then, we approach the palace door and it also opens automatically with dreading sound. We go inside. There are a lot of paintings and statues. When I turn around my mother was gone and I was all alone in that scarry palace. I got panicked and I was searching for her. Suddenly, I find a dark corner of the palace. I go near that corner and some hand pulls me into it. That is it. I used to wake up fearful and sweating. Everynight I used to get this dream but after we moved into another house everything was alright. So, there are things that we cannot explain or understand. But there is presence of such things. I have experiences lot of things.
Eddie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-01)
Once In a dream I remember that I saw a woman crying crying for her children because in Mexico she drowned them and she now crys for them.And before I had that dream when I was awake I was talking about scary stories like about her and how she tries taking souls of children.
DJ (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-30)
I've had a couple dreams like that over the past couple of years. In one I got attacked by a 10 year old boy. It still bothers me that I feel like I should have stayed in that dream to help him somehow, and I still wonder if I even could have. If you happen to find out the true meanings behind those kind of dreams before I do, please let me know.
Angela (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-26)
I want to thank everyone for their responses to my experience. I am always amazed that I have these sometimes scary dreams. I continue to visit haunted places in my dreams,I don't seem to realize that i'm dreaming until I wake up. I didn't realize that so many people would be able to relate to my story and I don't feel so alone with my sometimes terrifying feelings afterward. So thanks everyone I appreciate your feedback.
christine (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-26)
I have had dreams about haunted houses, and "evil" spirits since I was about 4, I am now almost 35. I also have had many waking experiences and meet people all the time who see and spirits. I have been told that I am doorway...my problem is this, I have tried so hard to quell these dreams and they just get worse... I even woke up a few days ago with a weird bruise on my neck after dreaming about a spirit that was behind me and holding me in the fetal position....my friend thinks I should see a shaman, does anyone have any advice for me ? I look and look for answers over the years and I understand that there may be some dark part of myself that I need to deal with, or some trauma that happened when I was young that I need to remember, or maybe I should just chalk it up to sleep paralysis, or maybe I am just plain haunted. Last nite this china doll/music box that I have not used in about 10 years turned itself on all by itself. I am 35 and really getting tired of living in fear of sleeping all the time. I have bad dreams wherever I go, even after calming myself before I sleep and telling myself that I am ok....anyone want to reply at tallismorgaine [at] yahoo.com....any thoughts would be great, I am really freaked out and each time I think I have stopped these dreams, they present a new aspect (such as being picked up and thrown about the room) and make me fear again.

thanks,
christine
diana (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-22)
It's been a while since I thought about my experiences with sleep. I have experienced such things as a "shadow" holding my body down and someone touching my knees as if they are sitting next to me. These experiences started when I was very young-maybe 8 or so. I use to dream that The Virgin Mary would be sitting next to me. Just that she was older and a bit frightning. This began when I lived in another country but followed me until just a couple of years ago. I experienced people calling my name although I was all alone. Once my aunt was at my apartment taking a shower when she heard me call her name. I was out of town at the time so she didn't know why I she would hear my voice. When she stepped out of the shower there were white rats in the sink and one in the toilet. At times I thought it might be my imagination but I had a little dog at the time that sleped with me and everytime I had an incident, my dog would start barking. She finally ran away one day. My grandmother brought a psychic but it didn't seem to work. I've also had experiences that involved my husband. Once when we'd gotten in a fight, he went to sleep in the living room. I heard my son's little car going on with it's little siren and hitting the walls as if someone had turned it on. A couple of minutes later my husband came in the room and told me that he'd just seen toys moving by themselves. Another time we were in the island of Tobago vacationing. One day after long hours on the beach, my husband and I went to sleep. I was awakened by a sound of dishes hitting each other and someone holding on to a fan as if they were twirling around and around. My husband then turned to me freeking out about the same situation he was also experiencing. After I had my oldest son, I asked my father to help me get rid of this "spirit" which had been with me for so long. I just didn't want my son to experience what I had stressed out about for so many years. We spoke to a metephysis (sp?) and asked this entity to please leave me. I have had a couple of seldom but scary situations since. A lady sat at the foot of my bed shaking and jumping up and down laughing. Here face was very rinkled and her hair was stringy and matted. She seemed to be enjoying my fear. I sure hope that my children don't experience these things through out life. I now have a friend who has revealed these same feelings of fear about his sleeping experiences. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
elyssa hamilton (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
wen I was 3 I sware to god that a boy came out of a picture my grandpa painted and helped me with a problem but I was in shok so I didnt know wat he said.now I am 9 and me and my freind put a mike to the wall and herd one word but I furget wat is was now I'm so freeked out! so please help!e-mail me at tomkhamilton [at] yahoo.com
CenterCore (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-14)
That's crazy, I have had some of the most bizarre dreams in my life... But none of them make sense. They're simply weird. But this ain't about me. One time my grandma, she had this really close friend that died, and the night before that friend died, my grandma had this dream where this plate (dinner-type plate) with the friend's image keeps moving closer and closer, until it's right at her face and it shatters. Next morning she woke up and got the call from my aunt that the friend died. THAT was freaky.

- ©Œnter¢o®€
"Life has two paths - what you do and what you don't. The detours are created by you."
christine (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-10)
I have had several ghostly dreams they always freak me out. I am always aware of them whilst dreaming and keep thinking I must wake up! Once I actually did due to the ghostly experience of been propelled through the air by one, I woke up screaming and woke my partner at the same time. I feel & hear real rushing wind sort of sounds whilst I'm dreaming which is also pretty scary.
Allie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-10)
wow! I had a really scary dream too! I used to have a cat named jasmine but she got hit by a car. and I kept having nightmares about her. one night after I got my new kitten monnlight, she appeared and had some new friends with her. she told them to help her kill me and moon. she lunged at me. and then I woke up. in real life she does haunt my mom's house. I tried to help her, but she is a very evil cat. when she was alive I tried to befriend her but it didn't work.
kumar (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-10)
I had a dream yesterday where I enter a room of a house which is newly purchased and in that room a ghost exists.
But in real life we do not own a house like that
courtney (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-06)
wow freaky mate and cool
from courtney bye and happy news years
Megan (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-01)
I had a dream that a female spirit was pulling me out of bed and across the floor. I tried to get away and she kept dragging me back. My hands could feel the carpet as I was dragged backwards and face down. She was pulling me away from a male that was in the next room that felt like a friendly male that I knew, although in the dream I didn't know who he was. Finally I manage to get into his room screaming in terror. He doesn't understand what is happening. Finally I see her standing next to us, see-through, like a ghost. I'm yelling at her for what she has done, but the male does not understand my anger. I wake up distressed, and very scared. Slept with the light on for the rest of the night.

Well the next day the reality of the dream occurs. My best male friend's new girlfriend begins causing rifts in our friendship. I try to explain to him what she is doing, but he sides with her. It's like he is blind to what she is doing. Now he won't speak to me and refuses to see the truth of the situation. Our 5 year friendship is now over. My dream was a warning of what was to come. Psychic people receive clear images, so it isn't surprising Angela that you are having intense dreams.

Some dreams will "feel" better than others, but they are all gifts if seen in the "right" way. X
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
Hi Angela, I hope you came out well with your pregnancy after that dream. Many people experience things like that and that your not the first(and definitely not the last either). My grandma has been having dreams also but of my dead great- grandma when she was alive. Well, I wanna wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope you had a wonderful christmas.
Autumn (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-12-28)
I also experience dreams that seem more like... more than dreams. I've had dreams in which I am, possibly, communicating with a living person. I've had dreams that are telling me something very significant about my life, something that is happening, or will happen. These dreams are reoccuring, especially, it seems, if they are urgent. I've also had dreams in which I feel I am another person, or that someone is telling me something, like a movie in my head, and I'm witnessing it. What sypmtoms do you posses while awake that make you believe you are clairvoyent? Perhaps use those to your advantage.
mindy (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-12-16)
wow!! I like that story that was really scary I wish I had some really scary dream as you someday. I love scary stuff as they say I'm a scary gurl. sybera I would love to hear some of your stories.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: