You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghoulish Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Ghoulish Encounters

 

I have never experienced any paranormal activity of my own. I'm not usually a person to jump to the conclusion of ghosts at every little noise, but I am still not quite sure what these were.

Case 1: Near the end of last month, August, I was sitting at my computer one night. My computer is in my parent's bedroom, against the wall, across from the door. Just inside the door is a green cupboard. The top area of this cupboard is filled with towels. As I was leaving the room to use the bathroom, I opened the cupboard to find a small towel. As I was doing this I noticed all of the towels were in neat stacks leaning against the back of the cupboard. (This is relevant information.)

After finishing in the bathroom, I had been sitting at my computer for about an hour, when the cupboard door swung open and a small yellow towel fell out. I thought nothing of this, until I remembered that the towels were stacked against the back of the cupboard, meaning they wouldn't 'just fall' unless somebody had moved them. (Nobody had gone into the room whilst I was out.) My footsteps didn't seem heavy enough to knock them either.

Case 2: Later that night I was still sitting by my computer. It was about 11:45pm and I had my back facing the window. I suddenly felt cold (Although I'm in England, it was August.) All of the windows were closed and no doors were open. I felt as though somebody was stood behind me, when this huge black shadow suddenly loomed over me. It started by covering my right side before sweeping over to cover my left side. I was physically shivering and felt as though it was the middle of the winter. I didn't feel threatened by this shadow but I didn't feel entirely comfortable either.

As I stood to leave I grabbed hold of my mug and plate and said I was going to get a drink. There was nobody else in the room with me, although I felt a need to explain what I was doing. My Dad was out, my Mum was downstairs, and my two brothers were in the next room. As I turned to go out the door, there was a loud bang over towards the window. I didn't bother looking back and just raced down the stairs.

I told my Mum what had happened to me. She is usually one to believe in the paranormal too, (See my other two stories.) but she said it was all in my head.

I did as I had told whatever was upstairs, and I got myself a cup of tea. I was still frightened to go upstairs and so decided to stay with my Mum for a while. At about 12:10pm I decided it had probably gone and went back upstairs. The room felt back at its normal temperature and there was nothing by the window that could have made the loud bang. I tried putting it down to the house settling, but we have lived here for over 11 years and there haven't been any other weird noises.

Case 3: I have been seeing small rat-sized shadows from the corner of my eye. The small shadows seem to follow me throughout the downstairs area of my house. Two hamsters and two gerbils have passed away in this house and have been buried in the back garden. We often hear clanging noises around the back of the living room. We used to keep their cages in this area and they used to chew on the front bars of their cages. Could this be them?

Case 4: In my kitchen there is a door, under the stairs, by the far window. This door leads to a small room used to store my Dad's toolboxes. The door to this room is always shut. I'm not a huge fan of the room, seeing as it only had a small light, leaving the rest extremely dark, and often inhabits many spiders. I came into the kitchen about a week ago to find this door open.

I thought that my Dad or brothers had left it open and so I thought nothing else of it and shut the door. I finished in the kitchen and went back upstairs. My parents were out and my two brothers were in their bedroom. After about half an hour, I returned to the kitchen. The door was open again. I knew that nobody had been downstairs, all the doors were locked and the windows were shut. (A window couldn't have done it anyway, seeing as the door opens in the opposite direction.) Once again I thought nothing of it and simply shut the door before going back upstairs.

Soon after, my parents returned home. From the top of the stairs I overheard my Dad asking if anybody had been under the stairs as the door was open again. Nobody had.

Case 5: It is in the kitchen that I keep seeing things from the corner of my eye. Usually shadows, sometimes the odd ball of light. My Mum keeps saying it's just my imagination. I wish I could believe her!

Any comments welcome.

God Bless.

Other hauntings by TigerLily

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TigerLily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Hello again Moonshadow: I really hope that they don't mean any harm. I have never really felt threatened by them, although it isn't the most comfortable feeling either.
Thanks again for commenting.
God bless 😊
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
Hi again Tigerlily: I think there must be lots of spirits in your house with kettle lids flying now you have problems with the light if you were doing a clensing ritiul you would be there forever. I think the spirits you have seem to mean no harm though probabley just michivious... Looking forward to hearing more take care...
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
Moonshadow: My Mum already thinks I am crazy so I'm not sure what she would think if I tried a cleaning ritiual. I am thinking of posting a sequel to this story explaining the other weird happenings. There was also one with the kitchen light earlier. I will let you know soon. Thanks.

God Bless.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Tigerlily: wow that really is weird stuff to happen with the kettle there must be a poltiergist in your house or something do you get much in the way of things getting thrown around in the house or furniture moving if you do you should look into it or it might get worse... At least you don't seem to get scared easyley as you know bad spirits pray on peoples fears keep strong and maybe try a clensing ritiual in the house take care...
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Moonshadow: Thanks again. I agree that argueing doesn't solve anything.
I said I would keep you updated. Not much has happened since, but my friend and I have both noticed weird things with the kettle. 😕
Whenever we flick the switch at the bottom of the kettle to turn it on, something will flick it back off. It did this about 6 times before I finally asked my Dad to check it out, thinking it might be something wrong with the kettle.
My Dad found nothing wrong and tried it himself; it was fine! 😕
The kettle lid popped off just last night and flung itself at the wall. My friend and I were slightly creeped out but just carried on with what we were doing.
I'm not sure what to make of this. 😕

God Bless.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Hi Tigerlily: I'm sorry to hear there is arguments in your familey over your brother not getting into college and its sad because arguments don't solve anything and bring nothing but negative energies and negative spirits so be careful if you are going to make contact with any spirits allways make sure first that you ask for protection from gurdian angels and spirit guides before you ever try to make contact good luck and take care... Keep me posted...
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Book_luver123: My Mum isn't a sceptic, she does believe, but I'm quite used to my Mum not listening so I'm not surprised. What do you think the thing is? Do you think it may cause any harm? Or is it just a spirit passing through? I'd like some help on this. 😁

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Well once when I saw a ball of light, my mother who is a die hard skeptic listened to me and helped me with it. Sorry if my message sounded grim. I just don't believe that is something mothers should ignore and shut out.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
Jazzeyjay: I completely agree that some parents should actually pay attention to what their children have seen/heard. I understand why you don't feel comfortable with your back showing, I'm the same way. I will certainly take your advice, and try contacting God for help. I hope I find some answers soon.

Moonshadow: It's certainly difficult to control my emotions. I'll be sure to keep you posted though. Thank you. 😊

Book_luver123: How come she shouldn't ignore ths 'ball of light'? What do you think it might be? Should I be worried? 😕

Tonith: You mentioned kinetic energy from teens? My family has been through a rough patch lately. My brother has just left school and hasn't been accepted in the college he chose, this has caused many arguements/disagreements and stress. Do you think this may have attracted this 'being'? 😕 If I experience anything else I shall try and contact it. I will let you know if I get anything.

Thanks for all of the comments.
God Bless.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
Sounds like there could be something living with you or it's a combination of teen energy being released in the house. If it's a spirit, it still doesn't sound like anything harmful. If its kinetic energy from teens it can ebb and flow according to how hormonal a teen can be at any given time. Regardless of which it is I don't see any reason for you to be afraid. You don't want to feed into fear or confusion. Certainly doesn't mean you are over imaginative either. Keep a cool head. Whatever it is it can't hurt you but may be annoying. Talk to it like you would any other living person because after all, it was human at one time.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
"The odd Ball of light"...? That is something your mother should not ignore.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
your story is very interesting whatever is happening in your house certinaly seems to be of a paranormal nature I wouldent be to concerned as it dosent seem to be doing any harm but allways rember one thing never show fear of spirits especially if you think
They mean harm as bad spirits feed on our fears I know its not easy not to be affraid sometimes but rember we are the ones in charge and allways seek help if you ever feel thrented, From your guardian angel or spirit guides... Having said all that I don't think you are under any threat do you know any of the history of the house from before you lived there you should check it out if you can don't ever think you are going crazy because you are not I think you should have a good chat with your mum as well about it all and tell her that you are not affraid and reassure her that she should have no fear either... Take care keep me posted... Slan go foil...
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Please believe me when I say this and I certainly mean no disrespect. I wish parents would stop telling their children that things are in their head, it's their imagination, their eyes are playing tricks on them and so on and so forth. I know this can be true in some cases, but it is not true in every case. If they haven't taken the time to investigate, document and talk to their child about the things that they are hearing and seeing, then why just jump to that conclusion and tell the child these things, just to get them to stop talking about what they are seeing, hearing or feeling? I don't know if some parents do this in order to not frighten the children worse, but what are they doing when they tell the child that everything is in their head? That makes the person feel as though they are crazy. It's not fare to the person that's seeing and feeling these things. These frightening experiences can truly take a toll on a person. I grew up in a haunted house and I know it changed me and the way I look at things, the way I sleep at night. I have to have my covers tucked in and no matter if it's winter or summer, I have to have blankets on my bed. I don't like my back out, so my computer desk is turned so when I am sitting at my desk, my back is up against the wall and I am able to look out at everything and see if anyone is coming into the room. I don't like anybody walking up on me from behind or easing up on me standing behind me. I have spent weeks praying and asking the Lord to work with me and as I begin to post some of my many frightening stories on this site. I know they will bring back a lot of pain but at least the fear that I endured back then, has been replaced with a lot of knowledge. Knowledge that has given me the strength to go on with my day to day life and being a Christian then growing up and now as an adult as truly helped also.

I pray you find answers to your questions.
God bless you.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Vulcan10: Animals are certainly gifted creatures. They can sense nearby spirits and come back as one themselves. 😁 True talent.
Nothing much has happened since then, minus the few shadows and balls of light. I saw a few sparks of light when I was about to come up the stairs earlier today. I couldn't say that any of this would feel normal any time soon, seeing as it hasn't happened before. 😕
Do you think something attracted whatever this thing is?

God Bless.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I had similar experiences while growing up. They came so often, sometimes nightly, that I guess it got to the point that they were the norm and I stopped noticing. On the animal thing, I remember that my cousin and I were over at my aunts shortly after her dog of many years had passed away. We were watching the news with her so it must have been around 10 ish. Suddenly we heard from the little hallway just to the left of the the couch we sat on something hit the closed unused bedroom door with what sounded like 4 little feet and then a flurry of scratching. It was loud and just the noise alone made my cousin and I jump and almost yelp. We asked, Did you get another dog? To my aunt and she said no, that was just (what ever the dogs name was) wanting out. For a second we just went, "oh yow", because we had heard it many times. What curled my toes was that we then realized that was the dog who died. We shorlty left. If dogs can come back I guess other animals can too
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
-SarahS-: I feel the same. If I think about things (the things mentioned in the story) too much, I start to go mad. I hope it's nothing serious, or anything that may cause harm. 😨 Thanks for the comment.

Marg: I don't think it is all in my mind either. I'm not sure about the house being haunted, seeing as we have been living here for 11 years and nothing had happened before this. 😕 I could be wrong though.

Phoenix77: My Mum isn't a sceptic, she believes in almost everything related to the 'Other Side'. I would like to believe that my Mum is simply telling the truth, but I'm not 100% sure. 😕 The door below the stairs is quite new. The old door wouldn't shut properly and so we replaced it. This was done about a year ago. I don't think it could have worn away so much during that time. The door we have now is quite stiff and takes some effort just to pull open. Maybe there is another reason though...

Thanks for all of the comments.

God Bless.
Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
One of two things come to mind when you talk about your mother. One, she sees and hears things but doesn't want to scare the family so she denies everything. Two, the door or door frame had warped or changed in the last year and now is ease to swing open. Maybe by just walking up/down the stairs (it happens). It's a thought.
Marg (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I believe, something is happening in your parents home. To many strange occurances sound like it's (possibly) haunted. Sometimes, the human mind can play tricks on us but, mostly when we are tired, scared or both. I don't think it's your imagination,though.😊
-SarahS- (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Yeah, tasgea is right. You should wait and see for any other experiences. I'd been in the same shoes last time in my old house but after what I experienced, nothing odd happen after that and I also experianced several times seeing shadows at the corner of my eyes which I always tell myself do not need to be worry or curious about it because I'm afraid it will drive me mad.

May god bless you
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Tasgea: Thanks for the comment. I'm trying not to worry about it, which leads me to think my imagination is going wild. My Mum doesn't believe a word I say, and says she hasn't heard/seen anything herself. 😕 I will certainly keep a look out and let you know.

God Bless.
tasgea (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I've had similar experiences, and I wouldn't shrug it off as your imagination just yet. Wait and see if you have any other experiences first. That will be the confirmation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: