You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Presence At Beaver Lake

Real Ghost Stories

The Presence At Beaver Lake

 

Beaver lake is an odd place. When you first drive up to the entrance, all you can see is a giant oak tree in the lake that's completely ALIVE. There are no fish in the lake, no turtles. No crickets or any insect can be heard. All of the vegetation on the shoreline is completely DEAD.

Well, of course, I had to check this place out. My cousin David and I grabbed our small tape recorder and headed out to the lake. We got there, parked, and prepared to make ghost catching history. We went out on the floating dock and set up the recorder. Not a sound, not a movement, not even a feeling. Just a complete, all encompassing silence. Deafening. Thick. Even though we were right next to a major road, we could hear nothing. We sat there for about an hour, then decided to leave. We got in the truck and decided to check out our tape. You know, EVP's are mostly heard on playback. So we play it back from the beginning. Nothing. Just us talking. The sounds of water.

We were thinking "bollocks. Nothing here". We let it go for another 3 minutes or so, and decided to turn it off. Just as we were pressing stop, we heard a noise on the tape recorder. We pushed play. What we heard was horrible. It was a low, loud, guttaral scream/roar, followed by running footsteps right up towards US on the dock. The footsteps stopped, then a very quiet voice said "please...help". We left the lake, shake, but determined to go back there one day and get more.

We never did, though. Honestly, I'm kind of glad we didn't.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, innbydelse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

innbydelse (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
another thing that I forgot to mention... That whole town had an eerie feeling about it. The school that I went to there had a visible dark haze over it as you drove on and off campus. Very old town, a lot of odd things went on there.
innbydelse (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
hmm. I looked it up too. It appears that there's life in this lake once again. Perhaps the spirit has been freed. Not too sure, but like I said, it happened a while back.
innbydelse (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
unfortunately, the tape has been long lost. This occurred back in 1996. I'm sorry to say that I do not have the evp to submit. Jasmin314, did you research beaver lake in fulton, mississippi?
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Ok so I did some research on this lake. I found comments from people who have caught some great bass at this lake. I saw a few pictures of the lake as well. They don't meet the discriptions given in your story. I am guessing I have the wrong lake. Hmmm...or...
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
ok now you know you cannot post a story like this and not show us the tape or at least give us more info about this place.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Please set the spirit free so that it will enjoy freedom in Heaven.
This is good to do if your a kind-hearted person.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Wow, can you share the tape and the approximate location of this haunted place? I'm sure others would love to research it too.
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Wow, thanks for sharing a great story!

I think you should go back to try to help the ghost. Someone is obviously still stuck there, scared and confused.

But then again, I'm sure it's really creepy there.

Maybe refer a good psychic to go there and help them move on.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Holy!That must have been a very scary evp. I wish I could listen to this! Nice story. And to be honest good thing you never went up there again! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Welcome innbydelse and thank you for a very impessive account. I love the contrasting images in your opening paragraph and the imagery behind the words... Good God, it sounds like I'm commenting on a student's essay-sorry about that!

Like the previous posters, I would love it if you could submit the EVP. It would be fascinating to listen to it!

Thanks.
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
woah, well I too would definitely love to hear the tape if you still have it.
Staysafe, Lausx❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
:) Yeah, would you mind sharing that EVP recording? It would add loads of credibility to your story and I know a lot of people here would really like to hear it! By the way, you're a very good writer! Thank you for sharing your story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Hello innbydelse. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it was very interesting. If by chance you still have that EVP would you mind sharing it with us. I'm quite sure that a lot of others would be interested in hearing it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: