You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts At My Grandmothers House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts At My Grandmothers House

 

I am 14 years old and I am really glad I found this website so I can share my story. When I was I toddler, my parents both worked in the schools so I would have to go to daycare every day. On Fridays I got to go to my Grandma and Grandpa's instead. I slept in a crib in the office/computer room. The first incidents that I can recall were when I was 3 or 4 years old.

The first one I remember happened in the computer room. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a smiling young woman emerge from the wall. She was wearing a white dress and bonnet and was holding a bundle of flowers. She smiled at me and told me to go back to sleep. I lay back down and watched her float across the room and disappear. I could tell that this was a kind gentle spirit and it did not scare me.

Another night I woke up and saw a green ball of light flying around the room. I watched it for a pretty long time before it disappeared. Another time I was back there playing with blocks when this huge flash lit up the room. It was like a camera flash but there was nobody there. I always did feel a presence in there, but it was not scary. The basement was a different story.

The basement consisted of a rectangular room illuminated with fluorescent lights. It had a concrete floor and walls and was only used for storage. It always gave me the creeps and I always felt like there was something evil lurking down there. There are two doors on the back wall. One leads to my grandfather's workshop. The other leads to a dark storage room. One time I went downstairs to get my toy bin which was kept in the basement. I opened the door and I saw the black, shadowy figure of a man standing there. It turned and disappeared. Whatever it was, it gave off an evil vibe.

When I turned 5,the activity really started picking up. I was now sleeping in the spare bedroom because I had outgrown my crib. The first thing that happened at this age happened in broad daylight. I was eating breakfast when all of the sudden the crystal hanging in the window started spinning and sending light patterns all over the room. Soon, the voices started. I would be minding my own business when I would hear two strange voices having a conversation. It sounded like a male and a female talking. I could tell it wasn't my grandparents.

My new bedroom really gave me the creeps but nothing strange had happened yet. That was about to change. It started off when I woke up to see an elderly lady in a pink sweater standing at the foot of the bed. Her lips were moving as if she was talking, but no sound came out. I told my grandma but she said it was a dream. The next time I slept over, I saw small lights darting around the room. The next few visits nothing happened. That's when the really scary stuff started happening. My next visit was terrifying. I awoke in the middle of the night and the room was very cold. I felt the bed depress and I could not move. This event scared me so badly that I was afraid to tell anyone.

At my next visit, the most terrifying thing happened. I woke up and saw a strange bluish shining through the window. I saw two huge, dirty, hairy hands pressed against the window. I ran out of the room screaming. My grandma tried to comfort me but I was hysterical. I refused to go to my grandparents for a long time. My dad went on disability due to a hearing impairment and I didn't have to go to daycare anymore.

I have been to my grandparents' house many times now and have even spent the night. Nothing has happened.

Why has the activity stopped? Any comments will be appreciated.

Other hauntings by Zach

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zach, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zach (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Thank you for the replies, I have been looking into the history of the property but I found nothing signifigant. I did find out the house lays on what used to be the city limits of my town. It is located next to a stream called Bull Run.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Hi Zach and thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. It is said and it is true that young children can see more then adults can. To be honest children can encounter many ghost through there young childhood but usually they think its normal. Maybe they see more because there minds are still "clean". I believe the activity might have not stopped in that house but let's say slowed down. You are still young but I would keep my eyes opened. There is a big chance that there is activity there going on. It must have been hard for you that your parents didn't believe in your encounters. But this is usualy the case. But have an opened my. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Welcome and thanks for sharing! I definitly think you are a sensitive and you might want to check with your mom or dad to see if you got it from them maybe the parent which is a child to the grandparents you are talking about. Obviously your grandma has it as well. I would check on the history of the house. You can go to library and see if you can find something or maybe a neighbor that has lived there for a very long time. There are so much energy based on your story. Some seem like they really don't know they are "dead" like the woman that sat on the bed.
The good thing is that your grandma knows it and will support you so see if she is even willing on going with you to find info about the house.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
Sounds like being sensitive runs in the family. You and your grandmother seem to have it while your grandfather does not. I know kids at a young age can have very vivid imaginations but what you relayed doesn't sound like the average wild imagination to me. Your grandmother also confirms that there is something in that house. Trick is to educate yourself and not be afraid. You can be of great value to others because of your gift but it's up to you to hone it or let it get stagnant.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
Thanks for responding Zach-from what you're saying, one theory seems more likable that like your grandma, you're obviously sensitive which allows you to see what others don't and because of your ability to see, you get all these visitations. I believe that the apparitions as well as the "lights"-orbs you saw were spirits manifesting in different forms depending on the amount of energy they had. The girl with the flowers looking directly at you and smiling as well as the elderly woman who was "moving her lips as if speaking" are obviously, either the ones with the most energy or the ones in more need for communication.

It might have been fascinating to know what the older lady wanted to communicate to you, had you been able to hear her voice!
Leanne (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
Thanks for sharing your story. It was beautifully written. 😊

I found it very interesting that as young as 4 or 5 years you were having these experiences and sensitive enough to know certain feeling coming off of these spirits. Young children are so sensitive to this phenomena then most adults. I hope you don't lose this ability because I feel it's a gift given to special people like yourself.

2 questions:

1) Have you ever experienced any other paranormal activity outside your grandparents home?

2) Do you know the history of their house to know who these spirits might be?

Take care. ❤
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
i really like your story plus I'm fourteen, too. And I think this is really strange. When I read yours it make me felt like I'm really there and all weird things are going around. I got 2 long question. Have you ever talk to ghost at night? Have you ever called the paranormal group thing and ask to come over and get rid of this or you let this kept on and on and on? I think the reason why your grandpa is an ghosts is because the ghosts never want to come around people who is not scared of anythings. Thanks ❤ this story.
Zach (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
In response to rhodes68:

I recently asked my grandmother if she ever had anything "wierd" happen in the house. To my suprise she said yes. She said that she sometimes hears voices and the sound of people walking around at night. She also mentioned seeing the toilet flush by itself while brushing her teeth. I then shared a few of the experiances with her and she believed. My grandpa laughed when I asked him and said that there was nothing weird about the house.

I asked this about a week ago. That night somthing strange DID happen. I was watching TV when I heard a strange yell. I asked my grandma if she heard it and she said yes. My grandpa said he heard nothing. I spent the night and nothing else happened. This is the only strange thing that has happened scince I was little and I have spent the night many times. However the house still has that "pressence"
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
Maybe this happen to another girl your age that once lived there.
GIRLIE
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
Zach hi and welcome to the site. I found your experiences quite fascinating as well as plausible. It must have been a dreadful experience to have to go through some disturbing things while at your grandparents' and not having another alternative residence at the time being.

I suppose that being so young and intuitive, you were able to fully see the various energies in their house which, in part, can explain why you no longer perceive them. I was wondering about two things though. First, have you ever discussed with your grandparents since then to see if they had also seen or felt anything out of the ordinary? Second, have you ever slept over at their house after that time or you just pay them short visits?

Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: