You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost Walk

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Walk

 

When I was in eighth grade, last year, we went on our ghost walk at around 9:00PM. It was just exciting and nerve-wracking! I went to a Catholic school, San Carlos School, and my school was originally a boy's Catholic high school. So we were split up into small groups and we went into different places.

The first place that my group and I went into was the boy's restroom. Little boys specifically haunt this restroom. Well, when we went in there I had a very strange feeling about it. I was near the storage closet, when all of a sudden I felt a very painful and shocking tug on my hair! I turned around and said, 'Jenna! Why did you do that?' She seemed very confused and so I told her that I felt something pull my hair. She told me that she felt it as well.

Then, a paper towel roll that flew off one of the racks in the storage room almost hit one of my other classmates, Peter. I also felt as if something was rubbing my leg and nobody was around me. So we all ran out screaming bloody murder.

Then all of the groups got together and we walked over to the cemetery, which is a couple of blocks away from our school over in Monterey. We were all in the office of the cemetery and the head of the cemetery was telling us about the different occurrences that happened there. While he was telling us about this, there was a loud bang on the window right where my friend Ari was sitting. So someone took a picture right after it happened and we saw a giant orb right next to her. We all got freaked out.

If you want to know anything else about what I just wrote, please leave your comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LishaLove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
So true, Luca, so true.
It is refreshing to find someone who is willing to DISCUSS religion and not DEBATE it. I come from a long life line of searching. Have had many different experiences in many of the different organized religions and a few of the less conventional. I am ALWAYS open to finding answers, and MAN, do I have a LOT of questions about a variety of things!
I have never seemed to be able to "just accept" things. I have ALWAYS had to analyze.
Thanks again.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Thank you for your response, White Buffalo, it's quite surprising to find other people who are interested in religion and are willing to question certain things about it. All is not what it seems.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Wow nice ghost walk. I actualy am a little sceptic when it comes to these ghost hunts. Not that I don't believe them but the chances of getting something is close to nill. But you sure had a great ghost trip. But still I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
If anything, it sounds like you had a great time. I have experienced similar things, and there is nothing wrong with getting a little scared. Orbs are usually nothing more than energy balls. A ghost will make himself/herself known by a manifestation, a mist, moving things-touching or making sounds. Want to know more, you can read a lot of my experiences on my website at www.ghost-e.com

I have lived the ghostly tales of paranormal for all of my life. I find that writing it down is a way of rationalizing it all. Blessings, Ghostseer 😊
Wildone (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
I like the idea of having ghost walks with your classmates. Who else would be better to share something like this with? I can't help but think maybe Tonith is right. I mean, they say that teens can produce polterguist activity, with a gang of them looking for some ghosts, that would be perfect.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Oh, I agree with you, Luca. I attended parochial school as a younger person and we did a few of the adventurous field trips on our own. But that was ON OUR OWN. That is why I was wondering if THIS school (as it has been **placing hand over mouth and mumbling a number** years since I have attended the schools, and my children go to public) had ORGANIZED hunts. I just thought it interesting as it felt like a blast from the past.
With it being so many years since MY OWN enrollment, I was wondering if it is now something LESS in the "black area" of the whole black and white scheme of things. Certain allowances seem to accompany the changing of times and amendments are often placed on the "rules" going right along with things changing.
I do not deny that prayers are said and penance paid for so that those on the brink can traverse to the Other Side. I say them myself, and I believe them to be a help.
And I DO look at the priests that practice pederasty. Probably a bit more than some, as I have a brother who is a Priest in the Indianapolis area. It brings the indiscretion and the outright sins of those in such placement to the forefront of MY life as I have a personal link to THEIR world THROUGH him.
Thank you for posting your comment to me. I realized after reading YOURS that mine was a bit vague and I should have been more clear about the reasonings of my question.
😊 Time changes many things.
Thank you.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
That sounds awesome, Lisha! Bet you guys were pretty spooked. I kind of agree with Tonith about the big group of teens with overactive imaginations. Maybe you should investigate with a smaller crowd, that would be a lot less noisy and you could actually look into things with more attention.

And the whole thing about Catholics not being into ghost walks or whatever, that is true. We do it just for fun. It doesn't mean that we don't believe in ghosts, as a matter a fact we have a name for them: "Animas del Purgatorio". We're advised to offer prayers on their behalf so they can cross over to Heaven. As for compromising the teachings of the Catholic Church, just think about the priests that practice pederasty.

It's quite simple, really.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
Was this an organized Ghost walk, or was it a group of students who decided to have an adventurous night? I ask as I have a background in Catholicism and, well, I find it extremely interesting that you would have a "ghost" walk when MOST would deny the existence of the life impaired. MOST believe that after the death of the human body the soul moves on to one of three places. To have the SCHOOL organize such a thing would be to compromise what the teachings of the church are.
Hmm. Sounds rather interesting. Boarding School? Would that have been the San Carlos Charter Learning Center? I could not find a school specifically called San Carlos School.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
I can not imagine the energy level of a bevy of kids but seems like all hell broke loose your group. Thing is I don't know if your group was causing the incidences or were they caused by spirits. Whichever, I'm sure it's a ghost walk you will never forget. I am not trying to belittle what you experienced but again there is such a thing as kinetic energy and teens are especially known to have tons of it. The atmosphere was right for it and I'm sure tensions were running high. Now on the other hand if this kind of stuff happens when there is no ghost walk with a bunch of kids then you may actually be having a paranormal experience. Happy Halloween.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
Wow Wish I had gone ghost hunting I never done and what eles you and the group doing and please tell us more.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
I'm surprised that a Catholic school would go on a ghost walk. Mine certainly would have never done that
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
i really thought this story might be fun. Where is the cemetery taken at? I really would like to go there I not scared. And is it 100% paranormal? Or half? ❤ thanks for your story.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
Sorry but I don't. But one of my friends as a job as a ghost tour lady. She said that one time they pasted a cemateary and this kid told her that he saw to little boys playing in the cemateary. Of coures no one was there. Another happening was when they went into this old cell. And this another lady took a picture and right in the cell there was a face.
GIRLIE
ElektraXox (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
i really enjoyed reading your story since it sounds like its close to where I live kind of gives the goosebumps. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: