You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Candle Reading

Real Ghost Stories

Candle Reading

 

I myself cannot explain this. My grandma had been up for a visit, and we of course had to bring out the Ouija board. Even though it was rare that we ever got much activity from the Ouija board in my house, we had to try anyway. We had it on our kitchen table, and we lit two candles.

The first spirit we came in contact with seemed to be a major trickster. After joking with us a few times, we asked if we could take a break. This spirit agreed, saying he would be there when we returned. A few minutes later, we started back in on the Ouija board.

It seemed the same as before, but the spirit suddenly became very hostile. For some reason, I felt a sudden anger towards whatever had taken over the board.

"This isn't the same spirit anymore, is it?" I asked some weird hatred in my voice.

The Ouija board responded with something along the lines of, No, This is John. [It's been a few months, so I can't remember the exact names.

Shortly after that, one of the candles blew out. We thought nothing of it, which kind of thing happened sometimes with the board.

Soon, though, I was just entranced by the other candle's flames. Just staring into the flames, I could hear John's voice, and he was telling me something that was unintelligible at first.

He said that there were other spirits with him. His sister, Abigail, and his mother, Alyssa Beth.

It was very clear that he did not like his mother, and in the end he told me that she had killed him then burned him, passing it off as a hunting accident.

There's a lot more to this story, but my question, the one that I seriously need some answers to, is this: Am I crazy?

Was this all in my head, or was I really speaking with John through my mind? Is there some form of spiritual contact that involves candles, or situations such as this? Please, help me. If you can explain any of this to me, please do. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alexxxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Danyellex3 (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
Im pretty sure your not crazy, its true that candles do bring you closer to the unknown (other side). Due to you playing with a ouija board (devils tool) ... So I'm pretty sure... And fire is also a way of them to get through to you I mean, if you look into a lit flame for a long time and get mesmerized... You will suddenly get in touch with something or someone. Anyways hope is all is well with you. Take care! 😜
KissMeQuack (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
Having the kind of experience you did is perfectly natural to have when using a Ouija board, they (spirits) usualy have an easier time just calling out to one person. And this poor soul seems to have found it easiest to call out to you.
But, there is something I have to say- Do no use Ouija boards! They open a gateway for bad things to enter. That's why this hostile spirit, his sister and mudering mother came in, because you let them.
Please don't use it anymore, or at the very least cut down. Or do a cleansing rite or prayers afterwards, just something to keep the worst away.
Xx KissMeQuack
JoeySchonknecht (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
i haven't read the other comments on here, but no. Your not crazy. With many of my experiences i, along with my friends, have heard what the spirits have to say, rather then reading it on the ouija. About the candles tho, there are various explinations for it. What I think it is, is that once you noticed the candle went out, you said the spirit became hostile. In other words, the previous spirit you were talking to either left or was forced away by the other, and thus the candle whent out signifying that it was gone. That's my assumption. I'm completly open to others
erin12 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
please send me the story! My e-mail addresss is twilightfan520 [at] gmail.com

I love your story. If I were you don't use that ouiji board agian in that house or area. That is a demon. You might even consider getting another board. Or just give it up.

-erin ❤
P.s. Listen to Whitebuffalo!
curious_the_ghost (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Hi Alexxx I'm Shane also from Kentucky and first I have to agree with most everyone who's responded Be VERY Careful with that board! Secondly I would love to hear the rest of the story so if you can send me the story to my email which is in my Profile! I don't think your crazy at all it just seems you have a gift and that's Great and again it could be tortue too I guess but I'd say just use it in a good way to try to help these Souls but also be VERY VERY Careful that there not trying to fool you! I didn't know if you ask a demon if he loves Jesus that he couldn't lie but hey if its so I say ask it because Possession is VERY REAL and I'd hate to see that happen to anyone! Be Careful, Take Care and Dont forget to send me that Story Please if you don't mind too! Good Luck!:) Curious_the_ghost
rawriwantmycooki (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
First of all your not crazy tons of people have expericenes like this but, this spirt might be a "evil" or "bad" spirt trying to trick you into thinking its good so the only way you can tell if its good or evil is if you take out the Ouija Board, and ask if johns there, then if it says yes ask " do you love jesus" demons can not say yes they can lie about anything but that. I'm not a very spirtcal person but that is how you can determind if its "evil" or good.

-laura

P.s any other questions I'd be more then happi to help
Rawriwantmycooki [at] aim.com
- anyone can ask any questions
SlyGemini10 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
It's not at all impossible, rare yes, but humans do have the ability to connect telepathically, it's just we are not aware of it and we no longer (if we ever did) know how to function it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
I sure WOULD like to know the entirety of that story, alexxxx. I appreciate that. You can just post it to my e-mail, if you like. It is posted on my profile page.
Thank you!
alexxxx (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Sorry that it's taken so long for me to get on here.
To Surya-My grandma has a lot of experience in the paranormal, and we get out the Ouija Board whenever possible, so that she can show me different things at times.
To dphoek-I do know that a few people have died in my house. The house itself is not very old, but I'll look into the history of the neighborhood and property.
To whitebuffalo-Yes, I do have the full story on that. It's rather long, though, but just let me know if you'd like to hear the entire story.
Thanks to anyone who's tried to help, and I'll let you know if anything happens.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
I believe that what whoever made contact with you is up to no good. I have sadi it once and Ill say it again. Be carefull when you play with the ouji board. Never know who is on the other side
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
It looks like you can receive messages from the spirits without the use of ouija boards (which are erratic at best and terrorizing at worst). So if you do want to know more, just meditate, like Whitebuffalo said. It is generally safer because you can go at your own pace, and while you do it, surround yourself with a huge white light and ask God to protect you. You will then be able to find your answers.

All the best

Ogle
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
You aren't crazy, that's for sure. However I will be honest and say that I've never heard anything like this before. I do believe that you were in contact with a spirit. I can't really help you much in this area, but try contacting the spirit again and then ask him what's going on. He might've put you in a trance because he was to impatient to spell everything out throught the Ouija Board.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
That's quite unnerving. And whitebuffalo's right, that John is definitely not what he appears to be. If a spirit has that much hostility towards someone, and you felt it get more hostile, you can only guess that it is a liar, or at least short-cutting the truth. Like many suggest, I say that you should research the property and death records. If John told you his last name then that should make it all the easier. As far as the Ouija board, I'm rather ashamed to say (I'm a Christian, and I don't like transgressing, but I had to try) that I've used a Ouija board, and I had a crazy experience... I'll post it soon. All I know though is that those things give bizarre results. I wouldn't say their evil, but you can definitely feel the difference between a good and a bad spirit. If you have anyone in your family who is especially sensitive, you should get them to practice the board with you, at least once, at least out of curiosity. I don't know whether you should ask for John or not, but if you feel that you are spiritually prepared (and no, I don't mean recite a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. I mean actually spiritually prepare for it) then you should. Don't ask for the mother. She was the killer in this situation, which means that she would bring demons with her. ONLY ask for John. Don't ask too much, because letting him in your mind already gave him a huge advantage over you. Anyways, I'd love to hear how this goes.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Well, alexxxx, Sure there is some form of spiritual contact that involves candles. It is called meditating. People meditate in a number of ways, and THAT one just happens to be one of my favorites. Flickering flame, running water (as is in a stream), cloud watching. There are MANY forms, and it can open you up for a truly enlightening experience. You were already half way there. You had begun the communication through the board, and all the candle did was give you that extra shove you needed for a full communication.
What an interesting tradition you have for when Grandma comes to visit. In MY family, whenever my one Grandmother came over, there was coffee "all around!" Meaning that us kids got to drink coffee too! BIG TREAT.
After we were all down to that last "sip", Grandma would snatch our cups out of our hands and read the bottom of the cup.

Be careful. "John" is not what he appears to be. Did you get the entire story out of him about WHY his mother burned him after shooting him in the "hunting accident"?
Thank you.
dphoek (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I have the same question as Surya: you made it seem as if it is a normal thing to bring out the board if your grandma visits. Why did you HAVE to try? Those things are indeed pretty dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing and even then they are dangerous. But I don't think that you're crazy, it is well possible that you were spoken to in your mind. Maybe you can look up the history around the house or neighborhood or something? You never know what you may come across...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I will have to go with succubiluv on this one. You are definitely not crazy, what I would say though is please be careful with the board, they are not good at all. Have you experianced anything else since?

Why did you have to bring the board out when your grandmother came?
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
No, you're not the least bit crazy, mistaken or alone alexxxx; you heard what you heard.
All told, you'll have to go with what you alone experienced first hand.
Sleep paralysis and mental disorders are sometimes advised in cases like these, but you were not asleep, and your medical history is best known by you.

If you read the story entitled 'Cryptic Wake-up Call' and read the author's comments you might get some encouragement on the matter of mind messages from the spirit realm.
It's well known that spirits can communicate with the human mind in that way.

I'm wondering if or not that was your first inner voice experience.
You can also read other accounts under the ouija board catagory to find similar happenings.

Likely, more comments are soon forthcoming.
Hope you enjoy YGS...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: