You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Double Vision

Real Ghost Stories

Double Vision

 

y sister and I have always been very close with each other, we tell each other most things, but when it comes to me being scared of something, I don't tell her. When we were younger, we liked to play, play, and play!

Our parents would put us to bed, but we would go to each others rooms and continue playing and laughing until we couldn't anymore. We usually passed out in whichever room we were in that night, hers or mine. My sister had this pull out bed under her twin sized bed.

That's where I would sleep if I had the energy to pull it out and actually lay it out.

One night, I randomly woke up and instead of falling back asleep, I decided to look around the room, it was a small room. The two beds filled up about 2/3rds of the room, the rest was the furniture against the walls.

There was a small desk in her room, with a rocking chair next to it. I lay in the bed looking at these walls and my eyes are drawn to something in the rocking chair. It was a figure, a white see through-ish figure. Just sitting there, not looking at me, not rocking, but just sitting there.

I take an even harder look and it looks like my sister. But it makes no sense; my sister is sleeping about 5 feet away from me! I start to panic, I have no idea what is going, how can my sister be sitting there, but yet she is sleeping next to me?

I whisper her name, my voice shutters, but I only call her once. I don't want her to freak out as well. I look at the chair and this figure is still there, just sitting. I couldn't take it anymore, so I hid under my blanket and screamed out for my dad until he came.

Of course, once my dad came. No more figure...

To this day, I always wondered what that was.

It was no dream, I know that much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deadbolt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Well Topscorer may be righjt on this one but ity also maybe a doppleganger. They use someone look to manifest or something like that. What ever it was it must have been a scary experience. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Topscorer20 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
If you want my opinion...
A 'ghosty' explanation would be that your sister's spirit was resting while she was sleeping, and the way spirits do this is by leaving the our body when we are asleep. This seems logical. It also explains why the spirit was just sitting there - it was resting.
However, hallucination is quite common among children (presuming you were a child when you experienced this). More so than with adults. It is not quite sure why (neurologically), but it is a known fact that children often have imaginery friends. Their brains are capable of creating figures in their heads that would seem real to them. Why? Often because they tend to have a lot more energy than adults. Note however, they do not create images in their heads using energy, but they do so as a result of using up energy. You mentioned you used to play a lot with your sister and sometimes you were even too tired to pull out the bed. It is quite possible that you imagined this figure because you had been very active that day.

I hope I helped you a bit

Bye

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: