You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandad

Real Ghost Stories

Grandad

 

I was nearly 13 when my granddad passed on after being sick for nearly a year. I hadn't seen him in about 3 years before then, as us grandchildren always made turns to go visit our grandparents as they lived far away at the coast, Cape Town.

My granddad and I had always been close-he was a teacher by occupation but he would take time to make wooden toys for us kids. There are three girls in my family, but he made very special ones for me-little wooden dinosaurs that I played with for years and now I have inherited (now I'm 22 come Halloween).

Anyway, back to the story. A couple of months after his death, somewhere in September/October, I went to bed early and I remember waking up really early the next morning with the feeling that someone was sitting at the edge of my bed looking down on me. But when I sat up and looked, there was no one there and as my light was on the other side of the room I did not have the guts to get up and put it on, as I had always been terrified of the dark.

But though I was scared of the dark I wasn't scared of this 'thing' sitting at the foot of my bed. I personally believe it was my granddad saying goodbye to me one last time before I went to high school and to wish me luck, as he had always helped me with my struggling math issues.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, Lex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: