You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Doctor Grandad

Real Ghost Stories

Doctor Grandad

 

So this is a story my mum told me, she is a Catholic woman and quite superstitious, but doesn't strongly believe in ghosts although many of her friends who have the "third eye" tell her enough stories to make her consider the possibilities. So here it goes.

My mum told me that since I was only a few weeks old or so, I was in the hospital regularly and the doctors feared that I wouldn't survive. It was getting to the point that I wasn't getting enough vitamins from natural sunlight (as the month of my birth was the wettest and darkest). I was turning blue and very cold. My family was poor but neither were we rich enough to afford alternative medication (and its constant prescriptions) and heaters.

One night I was so sick my parents rushed me to the hospital and we were given a small room shared by an elderly person. The nurse told us that all the doctors were currently doing overtime and we would need to wait. My parents sat on either side of my bed and waited for the doctor. Now, keep in mind the doctors in that hospital wear suits or dresses (for the women). My parents both eventually fell asleep and they only woke up when they had heard me crying.

My mum took me in her arms and felt the warmth in my body and she was confused. Then the elderly woman beside her said, "You're so lucky the doctor was able to see your daughter that quickly. He didn't want to wake you up because he knew you were tired. He left about 5 minutes ago." My mum looked more confused and explained to the woman that our doctor was a woman and the elderly woman responded, "Well, he was wearing all white and looked over your daughter and he turned to you and told you to keep resting then he left."

Minutes after the conversation our regular doctor came and told us that I was going to be okay and there was no need for them to stay.

Till this day, my mum believes it was her dad who had watched over me and made me better. I told her that it sounded silly, as I myself don't believe in ghosts, but my birthday lands on quite a weird time. My birth date is July 13, my grandfather's death was July 14 and July 12 was his anniversary with my grandmother. This made my mum believe that they are both watching over me.

Other hauntings by ambo137

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ambo137, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Hello:
A very heart-warming, nice story. It's always nice to hear about ancestors reaching out from the other side of life to help in our struggles, especially helping to save the life a a much-loved baby. You can rest assured that your grandad will always be there looking out for you, and should feel very special and grateful that he chose to let you know that we transcend death.
You are very fortunate.
Blessings,
Lynev
ambo137 (4 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
elnoraemily - not too sure to be honest and my mum can't recall the rest of the night but she stands firm it was a paranormal thing because as I said, doctors don't wear all white there, they were suits.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
That is quite sweet. Did the female doctor say anything about a male doctor coming around?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: