You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Haunting In The Wild West

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting In The Wild West

 

Texas is a big place!, I don't have to tell you this. Everybody knows the history of the State.It's also famous for huge cowboy hats, spurs and longhorn steer. Some of the best chili I ever tasted, came from folk who wear western wear and cowboy boots. I grew up with country music, and my dad was great at singing along to the radio. To this day, I cannot listen to country. It has little to do with the music itself, but some of the haunted history I have been privy to experience.

One of the strangest Haunted places in the world, exist within the confines of a small barn. Yes, you read it right. It was about as in the middle of nowhere as you can get. Our family owned the farm, but it had been abandoned years before. Today? It had become a big dust bowl of open fields, and a dilapidated house. Around on the other end of the property, stood a small barn. At one time, it held around 5 cows, and 3 horses. Of course, a few chickens wandered about, but it was the other resident... The unseen one, that caused me pain.

This little barn in the middle of nothing, held a boy Ghost, who called himself, " Nobody ".It was about the saddest thing I had ever heard. " Nobody " was around eleven years old, and his dirt covered overalls and face-told a story of poverty and neglect.

This is his story. The version he could remember.

" Am bout leven, Maam... And my maw, she ain't a livin no more " he said. His eyes looked to be dark brown, and he had the longest lashes I had ever seen. Beneath the dirt on his face, I could see he had an angelic face, almost pretty, if you could imagine that. He was small for his age, and he squirmed in place. He would glance at me, and then look down at his bare feet. He kept his hands hidden in his pockets, and I decided to ask him why.

" Honey... Why don't you take your hands out of your pockets?..." I asked.

" This here is why, Maam..." He pulled his hands out of those filthy pockets, as though it pained him do so. I nearly fainted from the sight. This Spectral boy had burns covering both his hands. Sometimes, the dead stick to their last memories before death, and this was a bad memory.

I took a step closer to him, and could tell he had probably died of infection. He held up his hands so I could take a good look. My stomach churned, but I tried to maintain a calm exterior. I smiled at him and examined the burns. This child had suffered in life. My heart was aching to hold him, but in his ethereal body, it wouldn't be possible. I said a quiet prayer for God to send me the right words. I knew that the person responsible for this, was probably punished in death... Severely punished, I hoped.

His hands were raw and transparent. I had never seen hands swollen to twice the size as these were. They were lobster red in places, and blackened green had set in around his joints and fingers. He tried to show me he could still move his fingers...

" But they warnt gettin' no better "...He whispered.

I asked him why he was in the barn, and he pointed to a place under some rotting boards.

" Tony put "nobody" away in thar, Maam...", and he lowered his eyes to the ground. My heart was breaking into pieces. The tears were sitting on the edge of my emotions, and I didn't want him to get scared or disappear.

I asked him to sit on the ground with me, and we huddled in that dirty, dank place. I explained to him that his mama was waiting for him, and all he had to do was call out to her with all his heart.

He looked into my eyes, and saw the truth there. The boy scrambled to his feet, and looked all around the barn. I told him she wasn't inside, and to go outside, she would be waiting. I had to pull myself together, as the tears were threatening to overfill my eyes. I could barely see, and I was grateful at the shadows of the barn interior.

" Nobody " ran to the barn door. He was hesitant to go through, but thought the better of it, and he was gone. I got up and pulled open the barn door. I could see him in the distance!. He was running at full speed toward a woman in the field. She had her arms thrown wide open, and she caught the boy in her arms. This was a homecoming like never before. A child, reunited with his Mother. They slowly faded away, both of them in an embrace, I will always cherish witnessing this gift of Love.

" Nobody " was buried in a proper grave site, with blessings, and love. I had the name, " Christian " engraved onto a headstone. He was a little boy who deserved to have a real name.

Afterwards, I did a little research. There was no record of any boy, who died on the property. At least I had some peace, knowing he was with his beloved Mother again, but I will always wonder about him. How did a child go through eleven years of life known as " nobody "... It will always break my heart.

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
your web site isn't listed have you re named it perhaps? Id like to read more and seeing your pictures thanks
vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
ghostseer ❤ I use to live in Rivera Texas.
I am just wondering here but I remember having an old nieghbor and he would tell us kids some stories that were to heartbreaking to be real but the one that sticks in my heart was of his aunt, she was just a baby in our eyes as she was 10 when she was taken from her family by a group of outlaws posing as "army" there to collect the able bodied men and young men to fight for the freedom of Texas. Well when her mom went inside to get her sons his aunt was grabbed and they tore out when her daddy got told him and his sons went hell bound after them finding her clothes and the "army" uniforms discarded, now after they had ridden for a few more miles they found her thinking her dead they brought her home. Only she wasn't dead she was simply out cold after the torture she recieved from these men, after she was bathed and re-dressed she told her parents the things they had done to her. Her daddy refused to speak to her again simply because she had been raped and disfigured they had to stop calling her by her name and she was simply called "thing" she wasn't even allowed in the house when her daddy was home, she slept with the horses and wasn't allowed to marry or anything. Maybe this is how this boy called "nobody" came to be his momma raped by someone and her husband being a cruel man couldn't forgive her or him for being born that way. In the past I know for fact woman when raped were treated with disguest and hatred seeing that it was their own fault for that to have happened. Its very sad and true. I am so thankful for some mens minds to have been changed enough that this does not happen any where nearly as bad as it did then. Blessed be ghostseer and best wishes for the new year
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Ok Jav, NOW I see what you folks were on about! Ok,ok, so there is no fool like an 'old fool'!
Well I still think that she is one heck of a story-teller! She obviously 'pulled the wool' over many other eyes. 😕
Forgive me?
hmhurst (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
that poor boy, yes I would have to agree with you on that but yes to much dispare records are sometimes never kept just word of mouth. That little boy needed a name and you gave it him. Though I would say that in those days some children never recieved a name until they were of a certain age, at times after their birth the name was something that was thought or seen at that time. So a name nobody is probably something of that sort, but it also sounds like that boy must have been really sad. Thank you for reuniting him with his mother, god bless you for returning his child to him as well.
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Honestly! The way some people are treated... I bet you he had a real name too... Just was never used... Poor boy...I'm glad he's with his mom now...

~Tora~
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
You brought up some very good points. Either way, this boy was not wanted, and he knew it. I suspect his Mother may have been murdered, and he was left alone to a life of torment. I will never forget him, and to the people he touched (hearing his story), he will be carried within their hearts as well... He meant something to a lot of us!...Blessings, Ghostseer
tmari76 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Your stories are always so well written; I can see why spirits are attracted to you... You have a caring soul!

Makes you wonder if the child was born out of wedlock... Or was a slave... Maybe of mixed parents and was tortured because of his parentage? I'm so glad that he has gone on and is with his mother now. This story brought tears to my eyes...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
I really didn't have much to do it with it, just waited for the right words to come, and off he went. I think his soul was FINALLY ready to move on. Blessings, Ghostseer
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
This is a very cool story, how you managed to keep the boy talking is quite impressing. Giving him a name was a very nice thing to do, I'm sure he's grateful.
DarkMoonlightShadow (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
poor boy... Glad you helped him... He shouldn't have been called "Nobody"...
missydee (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
What a sad story! That poor boy! I'm glad he is able to be at piece now. Imagine being called 'Nobody' for your whole life? It's horrible.
Thank you Ghostseer for posting your story.

Take care ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Cupcake10132: Nice to hear from you, thankyou for your thoughts on my experience. Back in the day, record keeping wasn't a priority, and I think a lot of the farming communities (Decades ago) were too busy trying to survive. Names and dates were passed along within family Bibles. So nice to hear you help the ethereal. Bottom line, they don't belong here any more...Blessings, You have a pleasant Sunday as well...Ghostseer
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Wow, that was soo touching... That poor boy, glad to know he's all well agian! It just brings tears to my eyes. I had to help a little boy as well, he was about 7 or 8 though and I don't know much about his history. He had came over form my friend, we called him Rubert. I shall ask her about what all she knows about him. Funny tihng is we're both in Texas. I guess we can have a small relation:P Well all blessings upon you and have a nice Sunday!:D
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
That was a terrible night for me. And no... This wasn't light reflected from a doorway (I've been asked this one). There was no doorway any where near me. I think it's the first time I was ever aware, how much energy a Ghost/Spirit/Soul pulls-to manifest itself. I will tell you, I slept really good that night. I never know how they (the other worldy) will choose to appear. Some are light (like in the pic standing next to me-ie website), some pick a physical form, most hide in shades of transparency. Looking forward to reading from your experiences. Blessings, Katie
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
Ah. Thank you, ma'am. Yes, I will start posting my stories Monday. I looked at your website... Very interesting pictures! You seem to be a rather magnetic person! The picture that interested me most was the one that showed your aura being sucked out.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
Jfreekao: No worries, being a skeptic is a good thing, but be careful on this web site. People are very aware they are signing a statement to stick to the truth, when they write for this site. Good luck with your Ghost hunting, and be very, very careful out there. I would love to read some of your experiences-

Leanne: Thank you for your kind words. This is second nature for me. You are welcome to visit my web site to read other stories based on my true experiences www.ghost-e.com
I have been through a lot of fascinating jolts when it comes to the paranormal.

Blessings, Ghostseer
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
Ah. Decades. That explains it! I apologise for doubting this story. I thought (yes, I now know it's wrong to presume) that this was a recent story, seeing as it was published yesterday. I am sorry for offending you. I'm sorry; being a hunter dictates that I be both a skeptic and a believer. Thank you for your quick and useful response. I've exhausted my questions and I'm satisfied. PASS! I apologise (again) and thank you
-Freek
Leanne (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
What a sad but a beautiful story at the same time. Such a young soul to be stranded in the barn to be reunited with his mother once again.

So happy you were able to help him move on ghostseer. You have a wonderful gift.

Thanks for sharing this story with us.

Take care ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
libertybelle! Thankyou for nailing it on the head!, Please read my response to jfreekao. I wrote this story decades ago. Wanted to share it. It's good to read when someone GETS IT,...it's a personal experience, very raw, very real... Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
Jfreekao-I wouldn't know how to write a fictional story!. My life is a series of surreal paranormal experiences, and for someone who has never walked in my shoes, you claim to know so much about history, it's my history, and you don't know a thing about me. We are talking REALLY old history for me. I am a well into my latter years, and I still have family all over the State Of Texas. Two Brothers (One is a Sheriff Deputy, the other is a musician) and a sister. Dozens of cousins, Aunts and Uncles. I go visit every other year. I have written just the minimal, necessary detail, out of respect and privacy for my Family. We haven't owned the land for a long time now, like most farmers, who lost their land. Economic issues took away most of the profit from the farmers. I am quite aware what the cities, etc have become. I have never been a farmer, I wouldn't want to be a farmer. Back in the day, Texas had many ranches, many farms. All over the WHOLE State. And I do live away from Texas, I live in Hawaii... I have lived a lot of other places too. What has that got to do with my experience?...This story was written a few decades ago, and I wanted to share it. You can choose to believe it-or not... It was far from being a fairy tale, I lived it!. Blessings, Ghostseer
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
I've never been to Texas, but I DO know that landscapes change over time, and sometimes pretty quickly and for many different reasons. Just as an example, where I have lived during the last 28 years has banks, restaurants, and other businesses on land that I can clearly remember as cornfields. Other areas that were actually rural when I arrived are now home to upscale subdivisions.

So, while I realize that the Dallas-Fort Worth area is quite urban, it wasn't always so. Since we have no way of knowing exactly WHEN Ghostseer had this experience, I wouldn't discount the story on the basis of the area as it now is in this year of grace 2008.

After all, I'm sure that there was farm land around DFW into the 20th century.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Oi! How near? I can't find any farm land even close to central Ft. Worth, and there's not a ton of country in East Texas. Yes this doesn't sound very fair to you if it is true, but I suspect that this is fictional. It sounds very made up and even mostly completely fairy tale-like. Again, I apologize, but even the way you describe Texas sounds like you live all the way across the country.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Oh, I'm sorry, I missed the part that said Fort Worth... Sorry! Still, this is a rather interesting story... Hrm. I didn't know that there was much farm area near Ft. Worth... Arigatou koudaimasu ~Thanks a bunch!
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Well thanks for the response. Still, would you mind sharing the general area?
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
We are talking old pieces of bone under a shallow floor. Authorities figured the bones to be quite old. I took what they had (after a long lengthy process as they didn't want to give them back) and buried the child. The farm land was near Fort Worth. Can't give you any more info than that. As much as your offer sounds great, I have been doing research over forty five years. Believe me, I exhausted every avenue. But, thanks anyway!
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Well... This was a sad story. I have a question though. You said that "Nobody" was buried... Did that mean you found the body? Another thing. What area were you living in at the time? What city were you close to? Location has to do with a lot of hauntings, and I could help to find some background on this if I knew approximately what area it took place.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
How could I see him in that situation, and not help him move on?. It was one of the most beautiful experiences to uplift my heart. When you see what I see, it gets really exhausting, and you wish you could put it aside for a while. But this "GIFT" never has a day off, and I do the best I can...Blessings, Ghostseer
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
What a beautiful gift you had of helping someone like this poor boy to reunite with his mom and find peace!, 😊
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I don't think it was his father. He said, Tony put him there. I felt the child was near death when Tony placed him under the floor boards to die. I think the boy was septic, but lucid enough to know what was happening to him. Breaks my heart!, Blessings, Ghostseer... Wish I could have known who this man, Tony was in life. Maybe he was a hired hand. Tony-Antonio?...An immigrant? There is no record of this man.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
It beauiful but sad about that poor child, I wonder if that father cruel to him? Don't you think?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: