You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Napping With The Dead

Real Ghost Stories

Napping With The Dead

 

One cold afternoon I was exhausted from training at school (cheerleading & track) so I decided I needed a nap. I told my mother I was going upstairs to nap for a bit, I jumped in my mother's bed instead or my own and slept. My nap went much longer than I had planned. I noticed when I woke up it was late because the streetlights were on which beamed through the shutters. I was frustrated that all the lights were off and my door was shut closed.

So I turned over from my stomach to the side to find lying VERY VERY close to me an ancient man. He was in a dark suit and appeared to be extremely old. His hands were crossed over his chest. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so sacred I literally couldn't move or scream. I just lay there still with my eyes shut praying it was just a blurred vision. I opened again and there he still was. I ran so fast out of that room and down the stairs my entire family ran to the staircase believing I tumbled down- that's how loud and fast I ran. I was so scared to share my story with anyone because I thought I was just imagining it.

Eighteen years later, my sister and I were talking about good old times growing up in the Michigan house with friends and family. Come to find out she encountered the same ghost experience I did. She stated seeing an old man in a suit lying on my mother's bed after she awoke from a nap herself. I told nobody my story and was so relieved to know that I was sane and what I saw was real. Shortly after my mother passed way. Was it a sign from the dead? Could it have been her grandfather? We'll never know. This was my first experience which I had/have numerous other ones to share. I had to see a priest for these entities that seem to around a lot.

I don't know why I keep having these demonic and ghostly experiences but I pray every night and sleep with my rosary wrapped around my hand.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, azsun2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mattrius (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
I think this was a really good story, probobly the best one they have ever had! 😁

How old did the suit look btw?
jrod (5 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
Hello azsun2008, I am sorry for the loss of your mother. I have to agree with ghostseer, maybe the house belonged to someone else before your family moved in and by doing research maybe you can find out. Also, what about the bed? Did it belong to someone before your mother used it? I ask because growing up we didn't have much and a lot of our furniture was given to us. One day my uncle brought home a sofa bed from a man that had died. Later on that night, my grandmother was laying on the sofa and we heard her talking, when we asked her who she was talking to, she told us to shut up that she was talking to the man that owned the sofa. My grandmother always talked with spirits. We were young so we just laughed and thought grandma was getting old and crazy (I sure miss her and love her). Well I hope you find out and God bless...
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Azsun, if you are afraid at night, it will also help to make the sign of the cross on your forehead with any kind of oil, lotion or cream before you go to bed and say, "In the name of Jesus I'm protected by the blood of Jesus." I'm only telling you this because you already indicated that you pray and sleep with your Rosary.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
I'm a little confused about you calling the figure "an ancient man in a suit" and then wondering whether it could have been your mother's grandfather.

What do you mean with "ancient"? What suit was he wearing?

Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
I am assuming you didn't consider this event demonic but are you saying you have had your share of nightmares involving demonic entities? I have never understood why people dream of demons outside of believing in a fear based religion or a culture that promotes them. I have never had a dream about a monster much less a demon. When I had a fearful dream the culprit was very human. I would think the operative word here is fear. There is something in your psyche that is afraid of something and I think it's manifesting as demons in your dreams. This is just my opinion and of course I could be wrong.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
In between those eighteen years, and finally discussing it with your sister, have you experienced any other haunted moments?. Did I miss something here? You mentioned demonic. I guess you are going to have to write a story and tell us more. It could have been your grandfather, but why he was sleeping? A residual of your grandfather in death?...Looking froward to reading more. Do some research on the old house. Maybe you will find who else has passed away in the home, or what the home sits atop. Blessings, Ghostseer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: