You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Seeing Demon Faces And Smelling Church Candles

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Demon Faces And Smelling Church Candles

 

I'm 17 years old and I've already begun to wonder why it has to happen to me. On a Sunday about 2 to 3 weeks ago I smelt church candles when they burn, and lately I've been seeing demon faces when I just shut my eyes so I can go to sleep.

I'm living with my boyfriend and his parents and I told him about the smell but not about the demon faces, even though he doesn't believe in this stuff. I'm scared of what will happen if it gets worse or if I don't get help.

Stuff like this never happened to me before. The first time I got freaked out like this was when I was 10 when I saw my dead grandfather in the kitchen across my bedroom when I was in one of the houses in Fawkner.

Both my parents are dead and I don't know who to turn to anymore. My boyfriend doesn't believe in ghosts and all that, but he's not really an atheist.

Anyway, I keep wondering why this is happening to me. Sometimes I wonder if this is God's will for me to go through all this and to feel this way. I want it to stop and I want it to go away but I'm scared of all of it. Sometimes I'm even scared of going to sleep because I don't want to see the faces of the demons that I see.

Please help...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitefang557, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

brenttan (64 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
I disagree with jackashton who is "uncomfortable with long ramblings..." - you cannot see people's real intentions and obvious desire to help because you are so prejudiced towards church and christianity. Ninjasthinkdeep, I know and can feel your sincerity. And to the other christian posts of advice, I second that - The Bible (God's Word) can help you, whitefang, read it for it is a Book of power and holiness, God's own love letter to you. Churches may or may not help according to how much they walk in the Spirit with God and how much sincerely unselfish and devoted to the Lord they are. But I say with unreserved confidence that you, like all of us, are not meant to take your problems alone, as you are in discomfort and fear. Reach out to another church if you feel or know that your Minister is so materialistic that he/she would not understand or will look at you funny. Pray to meet the right christians and church, for you need support and fellowship for you to fight this. God did not make humans to live like islands but to have fellowship with others and to be helped and strengthened by mutual prayers, and combined prayers. Going to church again will help you because, as a christian I know that going to church even though all are imperfect there, with the group/congregational worship and prayers, you will be strengthened spiritually. In the meantime, plead the blood and name of Jesus over yourself, and into the house and its surroundings. And read the psalms daily and before you close your eyes to sleep. Know that God is more powerful than all the demons who have been defeated by Jesus, God's Son on the Cross. Read the psalms prayerfully with faith and confidence, if you lack faith, pray for more faith. Keep your Bible next to you when you sleep. It could be that these demons are trying to attack you now that you are away from the fellowship of church and trying to torment you. Dear friend/brother/sister in Christ, know that there is help and victory for you in Christ. Shake off with the help of a good Spirit filled church of gentle christians the delusion and illusion of the devil that God cannot help you or does not care about you. God does love you very much even while all of us are sinners. He wants to help you, His Own Child! Be blessed!
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Your at a difficult age 17 your entering adulthood, and it sounds like your seeking guidance, you sound lonely and stressed out and at this moment your vurnable. I am very uncomfortable by the long rambling message of the person or church,sect,cult,who seem to be more interested in membership than helping you, no offence. Talk with your boyfriend someone who you trust. But please don't keep your fears to yourself,Talk. 😊 😊 take care Jack
ninjasthinkdeep777 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Honestly satan is going to try to do everything he can to deter you from God. He will blame God for everything that's happened wrong in your life, (Job 2:10) I am truly sorry the things you have gone through though, but yeah he is crafty. Church is not the answer, the religious people killed Jesus. They wanted to follow the traditions and routine of church to feel good about themselves but (Matthew 15:8-9) I promise you I'm not judging anyone or any of that I just want help. The answer is a relationship with God, through Jesus Christ. (John 14:6) He's the only way, and I promise you he will heal you from your depression your visions, your fear. (Psalm 14:2) says The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. If you are truly seeking him he is seeking you, I don't know your name or who you are but his love is more powerful than satans illusion of power and distraction. Were all sinners and he will tell us were not good enough, and we arent, BUT God's grace is enough for us to be redeemed and he wants that deep bond with us, and you. Were all sinners but (Acts 2:37) tells you what to do, repent means to turn away from sin. (John 8:31) you gotta hold to his teachings to know the truth and I promise you these scriptures and application to your life and truly opening the word of God up and seeking the divine author will set you free and heal your life. (Jeremiah 29:11) says For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. AH I can't even explain his love is so real but you have to really and truly want it and he said himself if you hold to his teachings you will know the truth, you gotta do it. I will pray for you and I hope you truly find God because he wants to find you. Please respond if you can and let me know if your still looking for a church I know a really good one out there and earlier I wasn't dissing church but religion, hah but yeah I know a great one out there with high school and college students who really want to live a life for God and help and encourage each other so if that's something you want please get back to me and I can definitely get you and your boyfriend and maybe his family hooked up with that church and you can worship with true believers that are dedicated to walking with God and helping each other. My email is Oshurty0838 [at] yahoo.com <-- if anyone else who feels like this wants to email me feel free! God bless you!
candykendi (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
your third eye is open. Its a blessing and a curse. We have to live with it. I'm sure you can adjust. And think of happy thoughts.:D maybe its the place your staying in?
Carlanee1 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
You are not crazy or alone. I've also seen demons and smelled smoke recently. I don't know if you believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit or not but I can tell you biblically you probably are chosen of God. I thought I was going crazy when it first happened. I just kept asking people did they see that or smell that and they just looked at me crazy. I finally realized that God was allowing me to have this unique experience because I was chosen for a special purpose. Read Romans chapter 8 it speaks of being chosen or elect of God. Also pray and ask God for clarity. I can't explain to you why some people have these visions and others don't but I can tell you not to be afraid God is with you. Be careful who you get advice from. I'm not a biblical scholar or anything but I do believe and trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and I can relate to your story. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any other assistance. Your friend in Christ. Hope I have helped you I was looking for someone else who smelled what I was smelling too. Thanks for sharing.
Live4more143 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
You should go to a priest. (depending on your religion, I mean.) Get the churchs opinion on something like this first, if it really is something demonic then theyll know what to do and if you should handle this on your own or not.

If things still happen after that, then you should see a doctor or phsycologist.

You can try to do it on your own but I STRONGLY recommend one of the above. Especially with the scent of church candles.
tevez32 (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
whitebuffalo is right, humbleness and clearing your mind first then start the prayer. Negative entities may keep your mood down, and may make you think that nothing can help. But realize your angels and christ are not blind to you, I say everyone who reads this say atleast one prayer for you. I will start. In the end you are the one capable of banishing anything negative by keeping your mind on the light. Keep your mind on the things you want and off the things you don't want. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Sometimes, White, the hardest thing to do is to seek out a physical being who would be able to have open communication with you about all that is going on. I am NOT suggesting a counselor. I mean someone that you KNOW and TRUST who is able to assist you, or help you through what you are experiencing.
Forget "shared" experiences. What is important is that the person you chose believes IN you. They MAY have difficulties believing in what you SEE, you can not fault them for that, it is just human nature. But make sure they believe in YOU.
People WILL be able to assist you from afar. But be careful of those that would charge you for their time. Certain things in life are free, all you have to do is reach for them. HELP, SHOULD be one of them. SHOULD BE.
Prayer is absolutely free, my friend. There is NO cost, save for a few moments of time. I really do not think that a half hour spent in prayer for guidance, and the "blind side" of sight would be wasted time, though.
I would seek out someone I could run to, if the situation mandated it. I would be in quiet meditation, thought or PRAYER that the Good Lord put you in contact with someone who is knowledgeable about your situation (or similar ones). But DO NOT leave it at that ("The Good Lord helps those that help themselves...), KEEP looking. DO NOT give up.
If these creepies want a fight, Give it to them. But do not go it alone. Bring along your support group. You are NOT meant to go through your life in fear of these things. You are NOT meant to be shrinking into the shadows.
YOU were meant to LIVE.
PLEASE feel free to e-mail me.
Thank you.
whitefang557 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
i'll take that into account whitebuffalo. Hopefuly your right. 😢 so many yimes I asked for help and yet nothing seems to be there, all my life until my mothers death I went to church and went on to believe that the church was a sign that god and all that could be the only way to be with them bu tnow that I'm seeing demon facess and there eyes now even after I stopped going to church I started to believe that god did not want churchs, but if this is god's plan to show me these faces of these demons and all then so be it... I am not going to fight it... But then again that's what I've been doing since my grandfather died when I was six, I was a fighter like my mum but shy and don't talk like my dad. I want god to help but my mind says he won't bu tmy heart says he will. Already I cried at least 2 times over nothing I just wanted and did cry.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Oh, whitefang557. NOTHING is hopeless.
If IN YOUR MIND you ask for help, it will be there. If in your actions, you show that you are wanting relief, it will come. If you are not yet ready to walk into a church, do not do it yet.
When you are ready, the urge will be there, and emotionally you will KNOW that it is time. To rush things would be to take a step back. You already TOOK the first step. Now just step forward with the OTHER foot (The first step was in asking the questions).
I KNOW I am about to make a few people raise their eyebrows, shake their heads at me, wag a finger in my face, or simply tell me bad advice, but White, SOME people can have a purely spiritual existence withOUT the BUILDING in which church is held.
The BUILDING has NOTHING to do with worship. All the building truly is, is a structure to keep the elements OUT. The BUILDING is NOT church (if it is, then "you" need to find a different church. "Church" is a word used to replace "worship".) MANY different faiths WORSHIP out of doors.
Do not force it. God (the Goddess, the Great Spirit, Allah, The Light. I am trying NOT to be exclusive about one Higher Power here) KNOWS your heart. In the event that you are not sincere, (s) he knows that as well.
If you force it, it is not good. The Peace will find you, if you seek it.
Thank you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
whitefang557,

So don't start with going to church, start small, read from the bible... A chapter or even a verse or two a night. If you don't want to do that much just open your mind and your heart and pray. It will be heard, trust me on this. You may not hear the answer, you may not 'feel' like it's doing any good, but any journey starts with that first step, and after that first step it gets easier and easier. Please don't give in to the aches and pains, the depression. E-mail me (addie is in my profile), or others on this site there are many who can help. As you move forward your burden will become lighter and the going easier.

Respectfully,

Rook
whitefang557 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
yeah maybe your right. You maybe be wrong. But I have not been going to church for 4 years and I'm always feeling depressed (in the mornig and all day at shcool and sometimes at home) sometimes I get really sore from everything and I get cranky. I don't know if my grandfather or my perants or even God, Jesus and the Devil are up to this but I don't really have the courge I need to do to church. 😢 even now sometimes at night I hear things that are out of place and don't feel right. How is the church going to help?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
whitefang,

I think I see...

If I read your responses right for about 2 years now (give or take) you have NOT been going to church, prior to this you had been.

You saw the spirit of your Grandfather when you were ten.

Sense you stoped going to Church you have been hearing things and now you are smelling candles that remind you of Chruch and seeing 'demon faces' when you close your eyes.

I feel this is a friendly spirit wishing you to go back to church. Possible your Grandfather.

Respectfully,

Rook
whitefang557 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
well the answers to all your?'s are:

1) The candles smell is as if it was burning
But not quit sure if scented ones
2) If you have seen the exocitst then you will know what they look like
3) My boyfriend and his perants are NOT religiouse
4) For a while I've been stressed
5) I saw my grandfather when I was ten
6) My boyfriends perants don't light up candles in the house
7) I start seeing these things around about nine nie thirty at night and some hear things like someone or something is trying to talk to me
8) I don't know why a demon would want to show itself to me at al
9) I used to go to church until I was 15 and I have been hearing things since I have stopped
10) What is holy water got to do with any of this? I'm not even sure the prist even know what to do if I told him about it... 😐
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
I can relate to this story. I've seen many faces and whatnot. The forest behind my house... I looked in it and saw faces. Most of the "things" seemed to be wearing masks.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
You said the first time you experianced this was when you were 10. What happened to you at the age of 10?

Smelling candles, maybe your boyfriend's parent burn candles are they religious? Maybe they burn them to relax before they go to sleep. As for the demon faces, I am unsure of what a demon looks like, I know they are shown as men or women ith horns coming out of their heads,, vampire teeth, red eys, is this what you are seeing?

What time does this all happened?

You say you see demons when you close your eyes. However if you were asleep and saw the demons it actaully indicates ignorance, negativity, distress or your shadow self. It also suggests overindulgence and letting lust cloud our judgements. If this is the case, your mental and physical health will suffer.

Is there a lot of activity going on in your life at the moment? If there is I would urge you to slow down re-evaluate what is going on. See how you feel then.

You must be very tired with not being able to sleep so get yourself some Patchouli Incense, it is member of the lavender family but it will help you sleep peacefully.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
What is happening is you are allowing the fear to take hold. You have gifts, my dear, which is "why" you are seeing the things you see. Good and evil will fight for your soul, and things will appear to you to weaken you. Stay strong, and at 17, you need to become aware of your spiritual side. Learn to pray for guidance, pray for protection. You will be fine, as you need to be aware-this may come and go, throughout your lifetime. Educate yourself. This site is a start. Write me if I can help you understand this better. Blessings, ghostseer
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Pretty much the same thing that Rook stated.
Are you under more stress lately than you usually are? Is there any reason for a demon to actually make itself known to you? I am really curious about the connection of the Church candles and a demon. Is it possible for you to describe them?
Thank you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Church Candles are unscented, usually white, candles.

Whitefang,

Was the smell of candles of them still burning or candles that had just been extinguished? (my guess is just extinguished) What gave you the impression they were Church Candles?

As far as the faces you are seeing as you close your eyes, are they your typical 'story' looking demon faces or something else.

You said you live with your boyfriend, are his parents religious in any way? What is the history of their home? Where is the home located? (near a church for instance)

And last but not least... Picture yourself surrounded by a white light. You must believe deep within yourself that nothing bad can/will get past this shield of white light that surrounds you. If you are religious, pray for whomever you worship to strengthen and protect you.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
cassie00 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Okay I'm sorry for your lost, but here is what you should do. Go to church and get some holy water, let the pastor pray on you and bless the holy water. When you get home you or a pastor can bless your home. You can also drink and take a hot bath in the holy water. This is just something that might help keep in touch with me to see if it works. 😁
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
ok stupid question but what do church candles smell like, are they scented candles? If not and they are normal then they smell like any other candle.

Can you describe the demon faces 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: