You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: The Hand And Shoulder In Scotland

Real Ghost Stories

The Hand And Shoulder In Scotland

 

As I have stated in my profile, ghosts and I have always had connections. I have many stories to tell... here's the first. I'm fourteen years old and in Scotland for a school trip (for fun). Actually, a few things happen on this trip that were completely unexplainable to me.

Next to the Edinborough Courthouse, I decide to take a picture of a cloverleaf pattern with a circle around it. There was no one within at least six meters of me, and both of my hands and my lanyard were behind my camera. I was 1.5 meters away from the subject. I didn't think that anything weird was near me... I never felt anything, and I'm usually very sensitive to any beings near me.

The Hand And Shoulder In Scotland

After I snapped the picture, a chill ran down my spine and as I looked at the picture, I saw that there was a hand coming from the right-hand side of the frame and a black shoulder in the lower right-hand side. I walked over to my group, afraid to be alone.

No one else felt anything, and there was no sun... If any one of you have ever been to Scotland, I'm sure you know that there is a large amount of cloud cover most of the time. There were also no sharp lights, there is nothing that people could have shined. I was in front of a rock wall!

So what happened? I would be very interested in what you have to say!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deltanova, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Now I see where people are coming from with the hand thing but my first thought is that it is someone walking by. Female in black shirt. Her blond hair causes the "hand" as she walks by or it's blown in any wind. Her shoulder is, well, the shoulder! It is a known fact that you are immuine to the outside world if you are interested by something. You looking at this likely distracted you and you didn't see her.
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Heyy Del!
(I really miss chatting with you, I'll explain in email.)
That sounds creepy. Knowing you, I believe you 110%. You said Castle Edinburgh? I'll have to look up its history, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I think that was where they had all these deaths, executions and such. Try making contact!
Tell Cthullu I said hello. I miss you guys to the extreme.
L8r ❤
deltanova (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
thank you for all the comments... I understand how you feel when you say it is a human hand. I'm not going to try to change your minds on that. You may think what you want to.
I was far away from people so it was not any live person I was aware of.
It was on the courthouse rhodes68 said. Thank you for the clarification.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
I agree with everyone here on this one. It looks like the hand is in motion and that this could have been a humans hand. But it is a nice picture. Thanks again. I hope to here from you soon and take care
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Interesting pic!, the shape of the fingers are little bit sharp isn't? Or maybe it's the delussion because it's moving?, anyway, thanks for sharing, 😳
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
I can see the hand. It looks like a right hand palm up. If that black thing is a shoulder it looks like a left shoulder by the way it's angled. It seems to be facing the wall same as you were. Interesting pic.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Yes Kecoughtan-it's called "Pancy" which symbolizes remebrance and humility;very appropriate I guess.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Thanks, Rhodes; that seems to make some sense to me now. I'm a bit out of my element on this and can't provide specifics about the symbol, but I typically see it the context of churches and funerary monuments. That's why I wanted to make sure it wasn't associated with the courthouse. It also is very similar to elliptical windows sometimes placed in either the apse or gable ends of churches in the UK.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Kecoughtan, she must be talking about the Edinburgh Royal Mile Abbey Courthouse if I'm not mistaken.

It's on the right side of the Palace Gates on Abbey Strand behind the Holyrood Free Church of Scotland which was built in 1850. I think the photograph is of the exterior walls of the church.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
I am a bit confused (which is fairly normal for me). Is the carved motif actually on the wall of the courthouse? If not, what type of structure or monument is it on? Thanks.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Hi and thanks for sharing your experience.

As far as the picture is concerned, you need not explain that the person taking the picture is not the person the hand belongs to as it's pretty obvious the photographer was standing way back.

Unfortunately all I can say is that it IS actually someone's hand that is caught in motion. I cannot tell if there's anything supernatural about it since I wasn't there.

Sorry

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: