You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Brother

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother

 

For the longest time, I was blamed for waking up my brother. He is eleven years younger than me. Our rooms are right next to each other, so when he goes to bed, it's basically lights, radio and TV out until he is sleeping soundly. Then I can quietly listen or watch what I like. Mama even got me some ear phones so that I could be even quieter. It got so bad that I was sent to bed at the same time as him.

About a month ago, I decided to see what would happen if I slept out in the family room. I guess I wanted to prove to my parents that I was not waking him by accidentally kicking the book case that is at the foot of my bed, and up against the wall to his room.

Around ten at night, his door opened. The light from his night light was so bright, and the triangle that came out of the room landed right across my eyes, so it woke me up. I waited for him to come out the door, but he didn't. So I walked up to the door to see what he was doing.

He was sleeping. The room was as bright as if the overhead light was on, and I couldn't remember his night light being that bright.

I went back to the couch, thinking he had woken up and was too hot, so he opened the door to get in more air, like I have to sometimes.

Around one I heard him walking across the floor. We have one weak spot and it squeaks a little when walked on. So I went to see if he just wanted to sleep with me instead of waking up Dad and Mama.

When I went into his room, he was sitting on the edge of his bed. He was rubbing his eyes and asking someone to be quieter, he was trying to sleep. I asked him who he was talking to, because I was being quiet. He pointed to the left side wall (the one that my book case is on the other side of) and said "Him. He wants to play."

There wasn't anybody there. I climbed over my brother and wrapped my arm around his tummy and told him I would tell his friend to leave if he got too loud, and that he was supposed to go to sleep. My brother did. But I never did see his friend.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, essiej, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
White.
I do see him jump before he seems to listen. And sometimes there is a lot of pricklies in the air when I get close to him. Lots of times he shocks me and you can see it. He does not seem scared but sometimes he does look confused. Does that help other people out by explaining better?
essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Hi ChrisB. I hope he will remember the hugging, and not the waking up at night when he gets bigger! I hope he remembers I tried to protect him when he gets bigger than me. I might need him to fight for me one day.
essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Hey Uncle Frawin. I try my best by him, I used to teach him how to do stuff, now he's teaching me better. I wish I knew how to make him stop hearing the stuff at night. I wish I knew how it woke him up by being too loud.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Hi Essiej thank you for sharring this ionteresting story. This experienced sure got you thinking. I mean I liked the fact that you tried to explain this in a rational way. Thats a very good thing you do. Oh yeah when you tuggled up your baby brother so he could sleep... Thats the best thing a sister can do. I remeber when my sister did that when I was a kid! It brings a lot of good memories. And I'm sure he will remeber that when he gets older. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Hello Essie. As you and I both know you have an extraordinary little brother. Continue being the big sister and offer the support he needs right now and soon he will be able to handle things on his own. I don't think his friend means to keep him up at night because I have heard it said that time flows different on the other side. Just keep doing what you're doing and in time everything will work out.
Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Yep, I have caught him doing the same thing, Essie. I wonder, does he seem to respond "normally" to you when you go in to talk with him? I will bat ideas around further with you in private, but can you think of anything "odd" that he may do (well, other than the obvious waking and talking in the middle of the night) that is directly connected to THIS occurrence?
❤ Thank you.
essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
I plan on keeping my eye on my brother ghostseer. He has been talking to those we can not see for some time now. Mama sent in a story about him that is a lot weirder than this one. He is more of a watch dog for us than we are for him. This is not something that we do not want messing with him. This is natural for him. It is not an imaginary friend. Our Great Spirit knew what he was doing when he made my brother.
essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Yes, Rhodes, I have asked him and all he says is that he is a friend. He has a few of them, but this one (I think it is always this one) likes to be loud for him at night. He has a soft heart, tho, and will accept anyone as a friend if they need one.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
essiej welcome! Long time no see! Have you asked your brother more about the identity of his visitor? I'm really curious to know what he has to say.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Keep and eye out for him!, it could be something you don't want messing with him. Hopefully, it's just an imaginary friend, and not something else. Blessings, Ghostseer
essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
He is exactly five. Just turned in July. He does all kinds of weird stuff like this.
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Dude. Thats ridiculously scary. How old is your brother? If hes younger than 5 that makes sense that you couldn't see him

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: