You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp - Someone Is Here

Real Ghost Stories

Evp - Someone Is Here

 

On October 2nd, 2008, my Paranormal Group Teamed up with another Paranormal Group to do a Joint Investigation. The reason being that the Main Building is 36, 000 square feet. A little bigger than investigating someone's home! In addition to the main building, there is another building (The Lunatic House), that is about 1800 square feet.

The Main building was built in the Mid 1860's. The Lunatic House was added in the late 1870's. The main building is an old "county home". In the 1800's the government mandated that all counties have a "home" for residents that were poor, elderly, orphaned, etc. Basically, society's unwanted. Thousands of people lived here during it's operation. From the 1950's to the 1970's it was turned into a Nursing Home. In 1975 it was converted into the County Historical Museum.

We gained permission from the County Historical Society to investigate and we found that a LOT of Paranormal Activity was taking place. It was a rather exciting investigation. On several occasions we were able to use a "Ghost Box" radio. What this does is allow us to hear the Ghosts in "Real Time". I will post some of this evidence at a later time.


EVP: Voices of the Dead - This Ghost Hasn't Left - A funny movie is a click away

This story, you will hear one of the female investigators speak. Then you will hear a profound statement from a spirit. I guess not everyone has left this building...

Other hauntings by EVPResearcher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EVPResearcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
He sounds disappointed to still be there. Doesn't sound to me as though he is trying to make anybody feel bad
KeithEngel121 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Sounds like a good EVP but (me personally) I think that when you add all the "spooky" sound effects and drama you discredit the whole thing. It's like your attempting to "scare" someone. Let your evidence stand on it's own. (Dont take that personally- your NOT the only one doing it.)
frmSTP (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
Can someone tell me what its saying? I don't have audio at work and no internet to listen at home either. Thank you
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Really interesting video. I'm really interested in EVPs and would love to learn and figure out how to do them on my own. Do you just use a regular recording device or...?
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
whitebuffalo - You are never an interruption. I love to get people talking about these things. We ALL learn that way. Never hesitate to post anything in my stories! 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Oh its awsome wow! Thanks Bob for taking the time to send it to me! Its realy great! Cant wait to for more. Thanks again
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
ChrisB - I just emailed you the video. I hope that is ok! Thanks for watching and commenting!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Darn it I can't watch the video but I guess something is wrong with the video. I think I will have to check it out at a later time. But thanks for this great story about the lunatic house. Its sure nice to hear more about it. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Oh Boy! Wouldn't it, Grinder! Wow, what an idea. That would be awesome. I think I would try to see what kind of "contacts" you could locate to get the OK.

Sorry for the interruption, EVP. I could not help myself. 😉
Grinder (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Within the next year or two the Oregon State Mental Hospital (where they filmed 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest') is going to be torn down. I wonder if they'd let me do a walk-through before they did that. I'd have to wait until the current residents are moved to the new facilities, but during the time it'll be vacant it would be a fantastic opportunity. Hmmm.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
ALL - I ask that everyone pray for these souls. They had a rough life and have not made it to where they should be. I do not know what else to do for them. Anyone in NW Ohio I will give you directions to this place if you would like to visit. Honestly, I would rather catch no evidence there than have the knowledge that these people (who had a rough life anyway) are stuck, or too Mentall Ill to know to move on.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
rhodes68 - Nice to hear from you. I have a great story from that night concerning the Lunatic House and a "Ghost Box" radio. We made contact with several people and then later confirmed that those people were residence! How cool is that?
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
ghostseer - We will be ok. The group that I teamed up with for this one is very Catholic. We prayed before and after the investigation. If you would like to see the investigation, the group that I hunted with is www.bandedspirits.com. Then go to the "Lunatic House" tab. They got better pictures than I did.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
How very distressing EVPResearcher! Another lost soul among the hundreds.

Your encounters at the Lunatic House have changed the way I see things and people in general!

Keep them coming...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Oh my!, Please be careful. I will be praying for your group/s (for safety). This is unchartered territory, and you never know what might happen. I know first hand, Blessings, Ghostseer
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Oh my gosh! His voice is so clear. In a way he sounds older, rather then younger.
Did you catch anything else while you were here on EVP?
Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: