You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Footsteps On The Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps On The Stairs

 

In my life I have had a number of odd and unexplainable things happen to me. I have been have possessed, I have been attacked by a malicious entity. So far as I know all the houses I have ever lived in has been haunted. As unfortunate as this sounds, the house I am living in now, has more of a kinder entity inhabiting it. I only know that we have an old Indian burial ground close to my house so this is a possible place the spirit might have come from.

Anyway, I experienced something I'll never forget. I was lying in bed one night, and I couldn't sleep because I could hear footsteps going up and down the stairs. I was so frightened that I ran down the stairs to my mom (as the footsteps walked past me). I told her why I couldn't sleep. She told me that she had heard of a similar story and told me to tell the spirit to leave me alone. I walked slowly up the stairs listening for the footsteps. I crawled into bed and laid down. After a few minutes the footsteps started again. I lay in fear as the footsteps walked past my door. I struggled to find the words to tell the spirit to leave, without angering it. I could bear it no longer. I heard the footsteps approaching my door and so I sat up.

"Please,", I said, " I need to sleep and your footstep's are keeping me awake! Please go away!"

I quickly lay down just in time to hear the footsteps slowly fading away.

I never heard the footsteps again, but a number of unexplainable things still happen within my household.

Other hauntings by blessedsurvivor7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blessedsurvivor7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Yeah, Hello?!
WHY would someone want to hang out in a cemetery when they could choose a place like the magnificent mountains, or the beautiful ocean?
MOST of the activity found in burial lands (someone catch this and correct me if I am wrong, please) is due in the most part to the decomposition of the human body. The breakdown of chemicals in the physical form CREATE mists, "smoke" etc. MOST of that is NOT a ghost, but in the bodies decomposition.
Thanks.
Nevadaghosthunter (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
I totally agree with White Buffalo but wish to take it further.
Burial Grounds, Cemeteries and the like are not the usual place to find ghosts. These places aren't "holy or hallowed" or have some phantasm protecting it anymore than any other place would. Ghosts are not bound to their bodies or feel any need to protect it. A body is like an old worn out piece of clothing. Why would you want to keep it when you have a nice shiny better set of "clothes" to wear.
Sure, you may get an occasional EVP but why would you or anyone want to hang around your moldering body in a dark cold place when you can go to your favorite places and see all your favorite people or as in this account, hang out at a nice hotel.
As a ghost hunter for a lot of years, I can tell you that cemeteries are one of the last places we will go on a ghost hunt. Hotels and hospitals are one of the first places we go.

NVGH
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Personally, I would like to know why it is that you would appear to think that the Indian Burial ground MAY play a role in this encounter.
I read it, and reread it, and I can still not see the connection. Perhaps there is a bit more to the story that still needs to be said, but it really does not sound as if the Burial Ground is a part of it all.
INDIAN burial grounds are NO MORE sacred, or prone to produce hauntings than that of OTHER burial grounds. It is an old Myth set in place to keep the grounds from being tampered with. The media helped to trump up this thought, but there is NO real evidence to support that if there IS an Indian Burial Ground, there WILL be a haunting.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
I will have to agree with ParaTam's evaluation of your experience.

It IS though a little too early to jump to firm conclusions as the whole story is yet to be told.

I was wondering blessed about one little thing: you caught me by surprise when you mentioned your mom's reaction that night. Will it be too hasty to assume that she knows very little of your other negative encounters or that she didn't really believe you that night when you told her about the footsteps? The reason I'm asking is that if I was told about a ghost wandering my premises, I would jump out of bed and search the house-I would definitely not go back to sleep. I would have been, at least, curious to see if I could hear the ghostly footfalls myself.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Wow, One thing I have never experienced is a possession. Have been attacked numerous times, and seen some pretty horrific things, but after forty plus years of going through this stuff, I am pretty well versed in protecting myself. Looking forward to reading more from you. Try checking out my questions and answers page on my paranormal website www.ghost-e.com, maybe you will find some information to help you protect yourself. Write me if you need some help. Blessings, Ghostseer
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Hi, blessedsurvivor7 -
Thank you for posting your story. It sounds like you also have other stories waiting to be told.

Because all of the places you have lived appear hanuted, it sounds like you are a sensitive. I believe that those who are sensitive are "beacons" to the spirit world, attracting spirits simply because the sensitive can see/touch/smell the spirits and validate their existance. The spirits don't necessarily follow you, they can just tell you are there and appear to you.

As your story about the footsteps on the stairs tell, not all spirits are negative and malicious. The footsteps stopped when you asked them to - maybe that spirit didn't realize how loud s/he was being. Many times speaking out and setting boundaries is the solution.

Blessed be!
ParaTam
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Hi blessedsurvivor7.

I also had a similar experience. If I have time, I'll post it too.

Thank you for sharing your story. Looking forward to read more from you.

Have a blessed day ahead!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: