You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Terror In The Twilight

Real Ghost Stories

Terror In The Twilight

 

My story starts at my old school. I have a friend whose name will remain a secret for private purposes. My friend and her friend told me about a ghost named Damien who haunted the school. Being a huge paranormal fan I jumped at the chance to find out more.

I asked my friend if she would introduce me to Damien. She said she would and explained to me a special way to communicate with him. She said if you place your thumb and forefinger in the shape of an L with both hands and join your thumbs together in the shape of a half square it becomes a kind of "ghost detector". She also said that using this technique requires you to ask only yes or no questions and if your fingers bend inwards this means yes and outward means no. I have tried this many times and I swear that each time I did this; my fingers seemed to move on their own!

I spoke to Damien like this on a regular basis. My friend warned me though that I MUST say good-bye to Damien before disconnecting my fingers or it could anger Damien. I listened to her carefully. After a while me and another friend got cocky and decided that we would challenge Damien. We ended the chat with Damien multiple times without saying good-bye.

A few days later I was attacked. As I lay in bed trying to sleep I felt a huge pressure all over the front of my body (I was lying on my back) and the feeling of a knife stab in my back. I couldn't move at all. Then suddenly it was gone.

I know I wasn't dreaming because I was awake for hours after that, not daring to close my eyes. My other friend still has regular contact with Damien and keeps on informing me he will attack again.

The friend who knew Damien tells me to be very careful. I'm kind of scared and I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Other hauntings by blessedsurvivor7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blessedsurvivor7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
To Princesslotus: Thank you and well said... I really wanted to say the same for the longest - to all those out there
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
it blows my mind that kids screw with spiritual war fare like its a game & embelish it with such common ignorance & whine about it when the spirit does attack the kids & they stand there asking " Uh, why did this happen? Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Is the DEMON trying to hurt me> Does it need help?" uuuuhhhggg! PLEASE! The answer is; stop messing around with things that want to kill you! I am not saying all spirits want to kill you but demons do. No good spirit is going to hurt you or "hate" you. I think your little friend does have a nasty little spirit kickin it with her because she invites it & thinks its cool 7 oh so fascinating. Of course the enemy is going to jump at the chance to screw with kids that know no better. Just stop asking for it & get some help. Sorry if I am being so rash but the spirit world is serious & to tell you the truth no matter how much one deals with it NO ONE is an expert, things can happen that us as humans still can't understand until we reach the other side our selves.

~~LSD~~
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Power of suggestion. Calling an entity with linking of fingers, etc, this is a new way to call on the otherworldly, I guess. There are Demons... There are Ghosts. Fear sounds like it took you over and made things worse. Fear is what they (ghosts/Demons, etc) count on. Be very careful. If you need help, you can email me (on my profile page). I have been fighting the "bad" stuff out there for a very long time. There are Ghosts who mimic demonic activity, and there are just plain out deceitful entities. Demonic?-you don't want to mess with. Learn to pray. There is strength in calling on God. You will be fine, trust in yourself, and try not to fear. My email is on my profile page. I hate to hear that anybody is confused and afraid. The otherworldy loves to prey on the innocent and uninformed. Knowledge is POWER!...Blessings, Ghostseer
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
I have to agree with Tonith on this one. Add to the drama a ghost with such an obvious "spooky" name.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
Sleep paralysis coupled with lots of suggestion is what I see here. Mix it with teen hormones and the imagination can run wild and soak into your dream state as well.
musicperson (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
I must have been really scary for you and its is probley sleep paralysis! ❤
blessedsurvivor7 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
I swear that I am telling the truth and I believe that what happened to me is true. I will try to apologize. I honestly don't think it will help. According to my friends who still talk to him he hates me. But I know I shouldn't be afraid in my own house. Thanks for the support guys. 😐
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
This story is indeed scary! You should never end a conversation without saying goodbye. IT REALLY MAKES THE SPIRIT ANGRY!

Princess123 x ❤
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
This is really ridiculous. I can't say I believe this story at all. You are using your fingers as a sort of "ghost detector"?, what's next? Light as a feather, stiff as a board?

The way I see it, someone started a ghost story about a ghost haunting the school. They used the name "Damien", because so many people are familiar with that name. And then they came up with a way to talk to him, kind of like the "circle, circle, dot, dot, now you have a cootie shot!".

You and your friends were messing around and decided to try and "challenge" the "ghost". And of course there were repercussions. There are several possibilities here...

1. You worked yourself up over nothing, had a bad dream, or may have even self inflicted sleep paralysis. I think this is the most realistic answer.

2. You have some sort of medical problem. I'd get that checked out of it is recurring. It could be lots of different things.

3. Damien is real and is going to kill you in your sleep unless you apologize. (The least likely answer here).

You guys need to settle down and stop playing around. I know how it works, I was a kid once too. If you keep this up, you are going to scare yourself into a coma or something.
Erickson (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Now assuming this was an attack and not just sleep paralysis, which is very common btw. You should really look up sleep paralysis and try to understand that a little bit. Sleep Paralysis is a scary thing to someone who has never experienced it before. You might also consider going to a doctor just to make sure. They can do tests, make sure there are no issues with your spine or anything like that. Where did you feel the stabbing pain in your back? There are a couple things, medical wise, that can cause paralysis and a stabbing pain.

Anterior spinal artery syndrome could be one of the causes. This is caused by the blockage of the anterior spinal artery. The blockage may be caused by such things as trauma, cancer, thrombosis and arterial disease. Symptoms are determined by the exact location of the blockage

Cysts formed on the Arachnoid Membrane which is the small film that covers your spinal cord and brain. A cyst build up on this membrane could move and cause a sharp pain as well as a form of paralysis.

Another possibility is it is just sleep paralysis and you were dreaming, it just felt so real to you. I've had many dreams where I woke up and I could have sworn it was all real. I could almost feel it as if it happened right that moment. You need to follow these possibilities if you can. If you believe that you were attacked by a ghost your whole life and it turns out it was just one of these problems that could be explained, you will have lived afraid of ghosts your whole life, and that's not going to be a fun life. Another thing you can do is go back and apologize. Don't sit there and think that prayer and god is going to do it for you. If this ghost has the presence of mind to feel offended by you not saying goodbye then it obviously has the presence of mind to accept an apology.
FriendOfGod (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
tell Damien to go to hell!
And save yourself the hassle,

Don't be scared of this thing be angry!

Be angry that it came and attacked you!

Be angry that it has interupted your personal life!

Be angry that all it has done is bring trouble instead of good,

I've sent many demons to go hell, and they burn!

When you sense any demon around you tell it to go to hell in the name of Jesus!

Jesus is the most strongest being ever, he will help you if you believe in him.

Jesus will help you even if your black or white or yellow, or even if you killed someone, Jesus will always be there for you, only if you believe in him!

Just believe in Jesus and the demon will be burning in hell,

BTW: no such thing as ghosts, but there such things as demons!
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Have you tried going back and apoligizing to Daimien? Ask him to forgive you and don't EVER forget to say goodbye again. If that doesn't work then let us know. It may be as simple as that. Good luck. Keep us posted!
😊
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Weird...I have tried this, when my friends told me abut it. We were communicating with Freddy Krooger, though. When we were done, my entire hands were extremely cold, but nobody else was...
Togetic (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Im glad I was never attack. What did your freind had to say about the attack 😕
indigogirl93 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Personally, I've never been attacked. I really don't know what to tell you either, to say what you did was wrong isn't going to prevent any further attack. This is a really sticky situation.
Do you have a religion?
I suggest praying before you go to bed.
Research ways you can protect yourself is the best I can truly give.
There are certain "baths" (sounds silly I know, but they help, and there's nothing evil or malevolent about them, they're actually pretty simple) I've done before to ward off things like these, but it's precautionary, and I don't know if they'll help you in anyway.
You can comment me asking about it if nothing else works. Good luck! 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
I am not to sure about linking the forefinger with the thumb, I think that maybe depending on which direction you are facing may have something to do with the answers. Your attack sounds like sleep paralysis. But then there is the question how did your friend know about your attack? Maybe you told a friend who told her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: