You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Halloween Prank

Real Ghost Stories

Halloween Prank

 

I have submitted several stories about happenings in my home relating to my resident ghost(s). The last story was a recent encounter with a perfumed ghost.

Last Easter, I wrote how the ghost stacked my shoes in the front of the door, two times, once during the week and the other on Easter evening.

Halloween night I had to work the 11p to 7 a shift at the ER. But I did get to watch some of the live Ghost Hunter TV show. It was a quiet night considering that it was halloween, no trick or treaters and I actually fell asleep for a few hours before I had to go to work. Earlier that day I won the halloween costume contest at my job and I was tired from being up so early in the day.

I mention the tv show because it seems like some of my ghostly happenings occur shortly after watching a show on a paranormal subject. Like the ghosts know I am open for a visit or something but the do act up at other times too.

Work was slow, not busy for a holiday night and I was tired and anxious to get home and go to bed.

Well when I opened the front door I was startled for a moment because sitting right in the middle of the hallway were my shoes stacked in a straight line again. (just like Easter) It was done with a different pair of shoes as the ones it use to stack have since been thrown away because the soles had a hole in it. I got the chills and at the same time I was excited to see the ghosts played a halloween prank.

Halloween Prank

I am writing this at work but when I get home I will try to send the picture that I took of the stacked shoes.

Another happening but I don't know if we can blame the ghost. Last week I was away on a trip with my sister. "S" stayed home to watch the dog. All of the sudden he heard a loud crash and the sound of glass breaking. What it turned out to be was a large heavy mirror that was propped up against a wall in the laundry room. So how did the mirror just fall forward hit the sink and crash to the floor? The door was closed, no wind could get in and the dog was asleep at "S" feet. Our question is how could a big heavy mirror just tip over and shatter. There was no vibration, or wind or any other natural happening that could have pushed it over. And if it slid down to break why was the glass face down and not right side up. Do you think the ghost was mad that I was away?

Other hauntings by MOTHERPANN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MOTHERPANN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
was it the dog that did that to your shoes? Some dogs are very smart
Flower (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Wow. It is awesome how ghosts like to haunt people, I have a pet ghost.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
A new happening (I think). I decided to put up some of my Christmas decorations this weekend and today (Monday) when I got up I plugged in some of the lights. I have a lighted wreath and a lighted palm tree (florida you know). Well I went out for a short time today and when I came back home, I went into the kitchen and I smelled something that reminded me of a Christmas light burning out. I looked at the lighted wreath and all the lights were out so I figured that one of the bulbs must have blown out but when I walked over to it I saw that the plug was pulled out of the socket. When I plugged it back in all the lights were ok. I Wonder if the smell was to get my attention that the plug was pulled out and the ghost was letting me know he was around or if the plug was pulled out because of the possibility of fire and my ghost was protecting the house. I kept it plugged in the rest of the day and the smell never came back and the lights are all ok.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi Chris, I wonder about the shoes too, maybe I should look on the internet to see if there are records of this happening to others. First I thought it was warning me that it was leaving because each time they got closer to the door, but to find it again but this time in the middle of the hall, kind of blows that theory. I also thought it was cleaver that they were just far enough away from the door so that when I opened it the shoes weren't knocked away.

I will let you know if I find anything out.
Motherpann
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi Motherpann! Long time no see. Its nice that you shared this story with us and took a picture on how this spirits puts shoes on one another. I remeber when you talked about this some time ago. But why does this spirit do that? I tealy have no idea! I don't know a lot about these things but maybe they just want to get noticed. Or maybe in some culture there is a meaning to this. You know what I mean? Different cultures have different views or beliefe or maybe just habbits. Maybe there is something there that you will find interesting. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
That is so weird those shoes are stacked like that. One night Jeff woke me up asking me if I had stacked shoes in that manner in our hallway. Of course I hadn't since I had been asleep! Only difference was, it was three pairs of shoes and two were mismatched. Weird! A new phenomenon to add to orbs and bumps in the night? 😉
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Tonith: I wish I had a cleaning ghost LOL. That is true the mirror had a date of 1959 stamped on the back so it was an old mirror. I had it in a different room and instead of putting it back when I was finished with it, I was lazy and put it in the laundry room.

I am doing a bug bomb tomorrow, dog caught fleas, dang it! Told S that I should tell the ghost to leave the house for the day, don't know what the poison could do, and don't want to p**s them off. I feel that if you show them some respect you get it back, if they want to hang out here, they need to be told things and if they get out of line, that should be talked about too, just don't want to scold them if they didn't break the mirror. Gee, I feel like I have kids around the house, again. Well I will see what happens next

Have a good night!
Motherpann
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
If they are going to stack shoes maybe you can convince them to clean a closet lol. On the serious side if you don't mind a ghost in the house who are we to tell you any different? Doesn't sound like it means any harm. It may just like being noticed. Now I would be peeved about the mirror breaking if that was their prank. I would set them staight about destroying anything. You own the house and you make the rules.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Hi ghostseer, I too have had experiences with ghosts for years, I'm 56 and back in the 80's I got my confirmed message about my abilities, before that I knew something was going on, but the message I received confirmed it. I also am currently a part of a professional scientific ghost hunting team.

The activity has been going on for 4 years, in this house and 2 of my visitors have already left and others stop by to say hello when they pass this way, and I have not asked any to leave because I don't want it to, right now. There are personal reasons I am not willing to share right now.

The house is not old, I had it built on my land in 1993. Most activity was noticed after hurricane charley caused damage to the area and my home. But when I think back I remember things happening before but never did I once suspect a ghost until more recent activity that proved that it was supernatural not me being a klutz, scatterbrain or forgetful person.

I did check out your site and it was a little hard to navigate and it bothered me that all over your pages you were asking for donations, not that it's a bad thing but we never have ask for money for what we do. Please do not take offence 😁

Not all ghosts are evil or demonic, too bad the media (tv/movies/books) make the encounters deadly, scary or worse. The world is made up of many realms and understanding what is going on can clarify some of what people "see".

As far as showing power, I can not prove the ghost broke the mirror, and I do notice that everytime "something" happens the ghost (s) are being blamed for it sometimes it's just something normal/natural that is the cause. Not the shoes of course but things falling, misplaced items (not moved by the ghost) or sounds.

I have 5 guardians (angels?) looking after me and one is very strong named Lucas, His name was confirmed to me once 1983 in NJ and again in 2003 in Florida. Two different persons received and told me the same name years and states apart. Once there were glowing angel wings on my wall in my bedroom and I feel at peace in my home.

But believe me, if anything should change, I will get out my Holy water and bless the house (I'm a minister) order them to leave and then close the door so others don't stop by for a visit.

Blessing to you too and all who read my adventures.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Is there a reason you do not demand the ghost LEAVE your home?. You have the right to take back your residence. Is the house an older place?, do you know who the ghost might be?. Stacking things and breaking mirrors is just a show of power on their part. I would be careful it doesn't escalate into something worse. If you are feeling drained, more tired than usual, or the entity is not allowing you to rest well...It's time to do something about it. Check out my profile, I have been dealing with this stuff over forty plus years. Take back your home, Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Wow Ghost prank wow, maybe it was mad cause it like you and like to help you so you won't have to do things for yourself when you get tired from work or eles at. I guess it like to do it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: