You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: New Happenings In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

New Happenings In My Home

 

It's been a while since I wrote anything about activities in my home. It seems like since the last episode with my shoes that happened on Easter meant the "ghost" was saying goodbye. I was a little disappointed that it all had stopped. But recently there has been activity again.

As you know I have had things hidden, strange sounds, my shoes moved, a voice speaking to me, and sightings. I was eager to see what was going to happen next but it has been so quiet these last few months I was afraid that our "ghosts" moved on. So when I got home the other night, I was excited to hear that some activity had begun again. "S" couldn't wait to tell me of his latest encounters.

One night, (I work overnights) "S" was lying in bed and he decided to tease the dog. He gently tapped his finger on the headboard to see if the dog would react. Tap tap tap, the dog didn't budge, so again tap, tap, tap and still nothing. "S" did it 2 more times and all of the sudden there was a sound from the living room, it was like someone had dropped a ping pong ball that went bounce, bounce, bounce in a hollow tone.

Well the dog jumped up, barking and carrying on trying to get past the dog gate out into the living room. "S" said that the sound sent chills up his spine. He got up to investigate and couldn't find any thing that would have made that sound. (The next day we looked all over including under the furniture and nothing.)

A few nights later he was lying in bed listening to music and got up to go get a drink of ice tea. The dog followed him as far as the hall and then he lay down and rolled over belly up. He does that sometimes to get our attention that he wants his belly rubbed. Well anyway as "S" walked into the living room he was enveloped in strong perfume.

He stopped, looked all around and couldn't find the source.

He went into the kitchen for his tea, and by the time he came back into the living room the smell was gone. Well he and the dog went back into the bedroom and settled in. The dog likes to lie on the windowsill and look out the window so that is where he was when "S" decided to call the ghost into the room. He said "Come in here and bring that sweet smell with you".

In the matter of seconds the dog jumped down from the window, faced the door and started to growl. Then he was back up on the windowsill. So "S" called out again saying the same thing and again the dog jumped off the sill onto the floor, faced the door and growled. "S" said the same thing happened a third time. Finally "S" took hold of the dog, told the ghost not to be afraid of the dog and to come on in, but nothing happened.

It has been several days now and all is quiet. If more happens, I hope it does when I am home. I contacted my ghost hunting group and invited them to come over for a mini hunt and we are going to do it in the near future. I will keep you posted of our results.

Other hauntings by MOTHERPANN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MOTHERPANN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hey Motherpann! I'm glad that everything is ok. I realy do like the new name"C.A.S.P.E.R. To be honest it is my Favourite ghost 😆.Do you remebver the song? Its great! I'm glad that your talking about the reporter with "S".Talking and searching about spirits is a great thing but family comes first. Maybe he aint your husband but I don't know any "Boyfriend" that has been with a lady that long. So basically you guys can call yourselves husband and wife 😁 😉 I'm just kidding. Try talking with him more about the topic. I know he wants what's best for you all. Just wait and see what happens. I'm glad that you guys are making your own ghost hunting group. Take it as a bigger challenge. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi Chris, glad to be back, work has been busy and it has been hard to keep up with this site. I have dial up at home and it takes forever to do anything so I wait until I get to work to check out what's going on.

A local newspaper wants to interview our ghost hunting group for a Halloween article but we have had a disagreement with the group we associate with in Miami, Not me but others in the group, so the Miami group distanced themselves with us. 😢

The reporter wants to come on a hunt to make the article more real but the only thing we can offer is coming to my house but S is against it. Doesn't want the publicity. I told him that the reporter would not mention who's house it was or him but I haven't convinced him as of yet. It is my house but in all fairness he has lived with me like a husband for 15 years so he should have a say in the matter.

I did send the reporter a copy of what has been happening in my home so if we can't get together for an investigation he still has some "stuff" to write about. 😆

Will let you know the outcome

PS we were thinking of a new name for our ghost hunting team. So far I offered
C.A.S.P.E.R. Which stands for
Charlotte And Sarasota Paranormal Entity Research. I hope it is the final choice!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-08)
Hello motherpann its so nice to hear from you again. It has been some time since I heard from you. But I'm glad that you shared this story with us. IO realy enjoyed reading it. I believe that this spirit means no harm. When 's' was calling the spirit into the home while holding the dog sure sounded nice. I guess spirits can be affraid too. But next time make sure that the dog doesn't scare her off 😁.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
It's been quiet again and I know I shouldn't look at every happening in my home as ghost related but the latest thing is this morning when I got up, a picture was off the wall and the phone handset was on the floor next to it. The tack that holds this picture was on the floor too and when I checked the hole it was in, it looked normal, not like it was stretched out of place or pulled down on to make it come out. I felt that if the wind blew the pic off the wall the tack would have stayed in the wall but both were on the floor. The handset of the phone was knocked off by the picture but the phone was still on the table, and the pens in front of the phone were on the table too so nothing was disturbed except the handset.

The only other thing was when S was playing with the dog, the dog all of the sudden turned his head away from him and stared at the kitchen like he saw something or someone.

But like I said, the pic could have just fallen off the wall and hit the phone and the dog could have heard a noise in back yard and looked towards the kitchen but after all the activity that I have had in my house, I always wonder if it is supernatural or just normal stuff.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
That truly is an amazing story! I two sometimes wish that I had more activity in my home by spirits that I can relate to. You should read my story Multiple Entities and let me know what you think of the figure. I think that it is great that "S" is comfortable with the happenings in the house. That means that you both are open. My husband is somewhat a skeptic but he is coming around. I think that your dog isn't going to let this spirit come into it's personal space therefore not in the room. I do wish the best of luck for your team to find somethign out about this spirit that smells so good. Best wishes and best of luck
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
Hello MOTHERPANN and thank you for coming back with another account-a fascinating one by the way!

Initially I was a little disturbed by your suggestion that you were saddened by the "silence" in your house and then for being happy to realise you've got yourself a new visitor. I hate the idea of human souls being stranded in the material realm instead of finding their way home in the land across. Then I realised that if a soul is a spirit and if we assume that our theory that spirits are free travellers is correct, then I suppose a little visit would not hurt. Quite the opposite, it would enhance our convictions concerning the concept of "life after death".

I wish the team coming in for the investigation would come up with some answers and that this presence is either a willing traveller or a spirit you can somehow help find its way back home.

Looking forward to learning more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: