You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: A Visitor From Hell

Real Ghost Stories

A Visitor From Hell

 

I came upon this site looking for more information about sounds being emitted from a sofa. The Stranges of England were cited today in the Telegraph an on-line paper for expats from England; no, I am not one) as having a sofa from which strange noises were emitting and their fearless Yorkshire Terrier was freaking out. I came from my Google search for the sounds they have apparently put on-line (I never found them) to this place and read the story about the "Strange Occurrences in An Apartment."

I write to you all because of the widespread notion that paranormal experiences are mere curiosities. This is a "politically correct" notion that springs from a social mentality of pandemic secularism. In short, people have massively forgotten God and equally massively deny the reality of the Devil and his hoards and minions.

I had an experience in NYC, NY which was the cause of my conversion to Catholicism. My wife, a cradle Catholic, and I were in show business and had fallen on hard times. She knew about Catholic novenas (9 days of prayer to a particular saint) and suggested we try one which was known to the faithful to be a sure thing, the 54 day Rosary Novena to the Blessed Virgin.

54 days, of course are 3 9-day novenas (in petition) and again 3 9-day novenas (in thanksgiving) for a particular favor. We were destitute at the time, which in NYC is no fun at all, I can assure you. So what did we have to lose?

I knew that there were a lot of performers who were getting quite lucrative jobs in NY law firms as word processors, so I tried going to agencies and taking placement tests. I failed miserably and was virtually laughed out of the offices I went to. It had been over 20 years since I had taken a summer typing course during junior high and I couldn't remember anything.

Undaunted, we proceeded upon this "Irresistible Novena," as it is called (as the Blessed Virgin cannot refuse the request of someone that devoted and trusting who does this discipline through to the end), and I ended up getting a job with a Wall Street law firm, unable to type and having NO idea of how to even turn on a computer (never having worked with one before). It was nip and tuck, but when the firm finally dissolved, I was part of the 20% of the original staff still remaining. I had really come a long way, by the grace of God.

Now, not being satisfied with showing me just how generous, gracious, merciful and loving God really is, He demon-strated to me exactly what my previously licentious, filthy life would have merited had I died in the state of mortal sin I was perpetually living in.

One night, lying in bed and praying the Rosary (which prayer has a list of 15 promises attached to it, one of which is "signal graces" associated with its practice), God permitted the veil of the spiritual world to part and allowed me to hear the voice of a demon which had been (and continues to be) plaguing me since my youth. It was a voice of SATURATED murderous, furious, simultaneously thermonuclear hot and liquid nitrogen cold rage and it hissed straight into my left ear, "I WILL KILL YOU ALL!"

I screamed in terror, ballistically propelled myself off the mattress, and landed on my knees at the foot of the bed, sweating profusely, begging God to spare my wretched soul from that fate. My wife, who had not heard it, was looking at me like I had lost my mind, crying, "What's the matter? WHAT'S THE MATTER?"

This experience led me to research exhaustively what the Catholic Church had to say about Hell, a topic which never is heard from the pulpit anymore. I found story after story, from the dreams of St. Don Bosco http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/bosco_hell.htm, as well as the story of the most heroic woman who ever lived, Sister Josefa Menendez, a young nun chosen by Christ as the most miserable example of a human being He could find in order to use her weakness to save souls, and who was sent into Hell numerous times to witness to it and report back to the Faithful what it really is like http://www.newjerusalem.com/appeal.htm and, especially, http://www.tldm.org/News8/RealityOfHell.htm, and numerous other such saints. They are saints for a grave reason, having shared in the sufferings of Christ in the most exponential manner possible.

There is the story of a damned soul who would not listen to her Catholic friend's admonitions, found here http://www.olrl.org/doctrine/cry.shtml

So, friends, the only reason I try to direct your attention is to try and draw you back into realizing that what you are dealing with in the paranormal experiences you are sharing, may well be something you are ill prepared for, and may be a device of the devil to take advantage of uncatechized folks who find the demonic merely a curiosity. It shall not remain so forever, and I cannot warn you in strong enough terms to consider the Catholic Church, which alone has the Sacraments of Christ to protect us from the snares and traps of the devil. He exists, please believe me.

And, as the lost soul stated, "I hate the devil too. And yet I am pleased about him, because he tries to ruin all of you; he and his satellites, the fallen with him at the beginning of time. There are millions of them. They roam around the earth, as thick as a swarm of flies, and you do not even notice it."

Please pay attention to that last sentence and start your prayer lives and fasting and save your eternal souls. Only the Catholic Church has the answer. God bless you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, peter1589, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
Rook: Thank you for giving me your opinions and it does make me feel a bit better that I actually do actually (belong) in this world without being ridaculed that I haven't been baptised... And especially liked your comment "We have a winner... Please pass lexi-loo a Kupie Doll. Wink Laugh "Made me LOL... I sometimes feel that people look at me as a lepur because I don't go to church, but sad to say I luve in edinburgh scotland and most of the churches here have the gates closed with big PADLOCKS on them or they just simply don't care... Alot of churches here have been mordenized to look all fancy and I just find it fake and feel that to find a good church id have to go to the outskirts which I can't do until I pass mt drivers test... But I did pick up a free bible the other day from a 'prison'and I'm only on Genesis 2 chapter 2... Thank you for taking the time to help me with your thoughts and advice 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
Oh, fun, fun... Lets have some fun...

Your first question has a simple answer...

"Is a christian and a catholic the same thing or are they a different religion..."

Catholic is a 'form or practice' of Christianity. (Just like Baptist, Methodist or even Latter Day Saints (Mormons)) They all believe in Christ which is why they are Christian Religions.

"What catagory would I be in not being baptised but believing God..."

If you believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ then you are a Christian...Baptism, according to the different Churches, is the ritual 'washing away of sins' and dedicating your life to the teachings of a Particular Church. (There are even Non-denomalinal (sp) Churches (Not Baptist, not Catholic... But still Christian churches...again, they are 'orginiazed' and Baptisim would be a way of 'joining' them)

"Even though I am not baptised or christened or hindu or have any other religion does this make me any different to God or is it a case of what a lot of people say 'It doesn't matter what I am aslong as I have faith."

We have a winner... Please pass lexi-loo a Kupie Doll. 😉 😆

Having said that, please research each Church... They all have their 'quirks', things you will agree with, things you might and some you will ahve to accept on Faith. Best way to do it... Say a Prayer to Heavenly Father and ASK Him for guidance... At this point of time in your life you may not need and 'Orginized' Church 'teaching' you THEIR ways... This was a path I walked... I beleived in God, His Son Jesus Christ BUT for the longest time (see my profile for details) 'did my own thing'. You may enjoy simply reading the Bible, researching different Churches and ASKING QUESTIONS... Rather than joining a Church and being TOLD what various scriptures mean.

Feel free to e-mail me if you really want more 'in depth' answers. My e-mail addie is on my profile.

Respectfully,

Rook
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
Rook: This question/queory is for you... I am asking you as I have seen that you give a lot of good advice (im not debating just asking for your opinion) 😊

Ive never been baptized or christened as we (UK) call it and have never been in a church apart from easter and christmas back in primary school so have not really got a clue on religion (but I have always believed in God) so I am just looking for a few answers if you don't mind me asking, so here goes lol...

Is a christian and a catholic the same thing or are they a different religion...

What catagory would I be in not being baptised but believing God...

After being on this site for a few weeks I have become very interested in becoming christian and would like to know how to do so (I know this is not the intentions of this site) but a lot of these experiences do put fear into a person which then leads me to ask...

Even though I am not baptised or christened or hindu or have any other religion does this make me any different to God or is it a case of what a lot of people say 'It doesn't matter what I am aslong as I have faith.

That is only a few of my queorys and if I think of anymore I hope you don't mind helping out.

I have only asked this as I have been catching up on a lot of old storys and came across the debate on this story and thought it would be a good place to ask my questions. Thank you for taking the time to consider my questions 😊
michael73 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
i love the story, am a devout catholic, and I know the powers behind the rosary, your religion cannot save your soul and do not judge people so that you may not be judged. If JESUS has a friend as judas, then why should catholics search for one? If priests are sinful, are you then without sin? No matter how little you think it is, you can't make heaven with it. For christ said;for you to make heaven you must be more faithful to God than the teachers of the law. So don't judge anyone because we all are guilty as well. But I must say that leaving christianity to join islam is not what someone should be proud of, its a pity. Love God buy keeping his commandments and then love your neighbour as your self, then off you go... Heaven
Yoyobro (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
And peter1859 or whatever you didn't see hell you heard a demon and just cuase you pray and don't sin or what not doesn't meab your one of his most whatever you said it just means that you really do love him and jesus (Micheal) and you should help others out to God needs help as well so do others if were human all of us are brother abd sister according to you Adam and eve I have heaps of different religous friends and that's what seperates us from the evil ones we two are our on anels maybe not as powerful but we have no eternal hate for God so lay of the sin and evil stuff buddy
Yoyobro (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
look were all the same religion if we believe in a god a love ok so enough of this religion mumbojumo we have beliefs we all believe in god god has protected us and we protect him by faith so I don't want to hear anymore types of religion. And all our prays have worked right so god has accepted each and every belief becuase we believe he is with us Goodnight.
Yoyobro (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I am pleased about him, because he tries to ruin all of you, um excuse me are you saying your pleased athe devil becuase he is trying to ruin the people on the website I don't get it peter1859 I thought God forgives only when we try hard to help ourself and are passionate about doing it, we need to love him and thank him correct but you didn't have to say that mean thing to us bro settle cool your pool. AND people are just reading some to help out some to seek help and take comfort in the website for telling that story. None of us here praise anything evil.
GuardianAngel30 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
This story was very interesting and compelling. But I do not believe that you must be Catholic to be kept safe from the devil by God. I am Christian, not entirely sure what I am, either Baptist, or Protestant, most likely Protestant. But that does not matter. The statement that "only the Catholic church has the answer" is absurd. I am not trying to offend you or anyone else, but in my personal opinion, along with many others, as long as you repent to God and have total faith in God, you shall be saved- whether you are Christian, or Catholic, and everything in between. God bless.
bluiis97 (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
thanks for sharing your story. I think you could have left some detail out of it though and no effence but it was kind of boring. Although the part about what the demon said was interesting. Be safe
She138 (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
I personally am not catholic. My dad is, but I was raised Pentecostal. I have been through an excorcism and will discuss the details privately with any who would be interested in my experience. I would probably say now that I'm just plain Christian now as there are views of both denominations that don't seem quite right to me. I mean, I read the word of God and take it for just that. Anyway I got WAY away from what I was going to say. I don't remember the Authors name but the book: 23 Minutes In Hell was very informative. Just thought perhaps someone may be interested.:)
Magnifishit (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
"proving that Catholicism is the true and biblcal Christianity, and that Protestants really don't have a deep understanding (or belief) in the Bible at all."

You should probably just leave now.
MarioChavez (11 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
For the most graphic and frightening description of Hell and its torments, check out the video entitled "Death and the Journey Into Hell" by Bro. Michael Dimond, O.S.B. You can view the video for free at vaticancatholic.com. I strongly encourage you to check out the above website because you will also learn the truth about what really happened to the Catholic Church after Vatican II; how Our Lord and Our Lady predicted these things to happen; and how it is the duty of Catholics to reject deviations from the traditional Faith.

Non-Catholics are also encouraged to visit the website, since it shows exactly where in the Bible are the proofs for various Catholic teachings, proving that Catholicism is the true and biblcal Christianity, and that Protestants really don't have a deep understanding (or belief) in the Bible at all.

Finally, those who are liberals and think that we should not try to frighten others with thoughts of Hell or judgement, definitely need to visit the site for a strong dose of reality. St. Paul tells us to "work out your salvation with FEAR AND TREMBLING" (Phil. 2:12); our Blessed Mother says "His mercy is from generation to generations TO THEM THAT FEAR HIM" (Lk. 1:50); and Jesus Christ Himself says "FEAR YE HIM, WHO AFTER HE HATH KILLED, HATH POWER TO CAST INTO HELL. YEA, I SAY TO YOU, FEAR HIM..." (Lk. 12:4-5)

VATICANCATHOLIC.COM
Magnifishit (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Sorry to go a little off topic here, I'm not sure if it was paranormal but I heard the same thing but through a phone call in the evening while I was home alone. It was a really raspy voice, I'd like to say it sort of had an accent like an african male... (sorry if this is somehow offensive to anyone)
I picked up the phone and it was a really loud and garbled "YOU WILL BURN IN HELL, I WILL KILL YOU"
Needless to say, I shat my pants and called my dad right away.
secrets (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
im sorry but I'm about to blow up (anger way) okay I'm christian I don't care if you are cathlic or muslim or jewish let them be what they want to be I hate hearing stuff like this and the way your forcing it to this site is saying everything else is wrong and you are right -_- sorry I just had to say something just tired of hearing these conversations all the time and still wondering about the sofa
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
This is my own opinion and praise the saints and the Mighty Lord and his Son but Saints only used their life to help people not force people into a religion with fear of hell and death. Demons hate us and wish only torture on our souls not just being catholic will protect us from their evil doings, as a christian I don't care much of religion cause we are all children of god and that should be enough. I'm not to judge being only a ignorant twelve year old dealing with shadow people and possibly Angel beings. I pray for protection and thanks to our loving lord I'm able to sleep after a horrible nightmare that are common in my sleep. So please keep your religion conflict to yourself. If you are a roman catholic that's good but some of other people like their own religion and beliefs but I'm not speaking for everyone else so don't scold me please.~Katherine~
ScreamKody (3 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
dude why did they publish this story?
You took forever to start the story and as far as I can tell you told another story of new york in the mix of your experience...
This story is a page long,
And your experience is a paragraph long...
Rashidah (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I agree with bigC on this one.
RIGHT ON!
I would have said something sooner myself but I did not want piss off people again.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
+5
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I do know that god and demons and all that is real and I repect your opinion but to try and SCARE people into believing in god and SCARE people into joining the CATHOLIC church is WRONG!

God does not want to be worshipped by fear. He wants people to believe in him on their own free will not because they are told to or afriad not to. So what you are doing is wrong.

I will admit I as a christian am disapointed in the catholic church cause they rule in fear.
And I've looked at their history and it sounds more demonic then holy mass murder just because they didn't believe in god the catholics have comitted countless murder in the name of god.

Most chuches make god more forgiving, understanding, loving to ALL, but catholic make god seem more like a tyrant or a dictator like "do as I command or die!" and that is not the god I worship. So as a christian I say I'd rather risk eternal damnation then worship god out of fear.
gaby_wagner (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
om my goodness your so lucky gods with you I'm terrifid of that stuff your one lucky lucky girl 😁 ❤
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
It's true; as a lay religious demonologist, I find only Catholic sacramentals are effective. Good job = ignore the detractions. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
I do not know what to say. I am astounded. However I am not surprised at the ignorance. I grew up a Pastors daughter & am ordained my self. I know Jesus I love Him & HE loves me. Through Jesus & ONLY Jesus we are saved, read the Bible please. Bless you & shame on you, I will NEVER return to this page.

~~LSD~~
Gyaruface (1 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Although I thought your story was interesting, I do object that it was forcing Catholicism into readers' faces.

I respect Catholicism, it is steeped in tradition and history. I however, am a die-hard Lutheran, and Catholicism isn't the only religion that is cautious of the devil. It will not be the first, and it will not be the last, and it certainly is not the ONLY. There are many paths to God, whether you're Christian, Catholic, or some other religion.

Interesting story, I enjoyed it. Will look up the noise-making sofa. ^-^
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-05)
Don't think that it's just Demons and Devils that resent man. There are even white winged Angels who hate us just as much. One told me once with excitement in his face that "they" were going to slaughter me the next day. And this was a White winged Angel. I may not be perfect or a pure angelic being but at least I am not a cold blooded Assassin as many Angels tend to be.

I didn't get killed the next day because my God protects me. I belong to God and only by his will, will I be slaughtered.

An Angel could tell you he wants to kill you. Many don't like mankind. Even in Heaven there are great iniquities and crimes being committed. And as I mentioned to that one angel who tried to frighten me with his horrible threat. I said; "And my blood spilling will Glorify him? How are you glorifying God in slaughtering me?" That Angel looked at me without saying another word and left.

Remember Angels and Demons are basically the same species. It just depends on what they stand for and what they were sent for. But even in heaven there are horrible beings who despise man. And even the pretty ones can be pretty horrible people. If you can call Angels people. 😢
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
As a Roman Catholic who believes in his church, I thought I would quickly say a thing or two.

First, I've never prayed to a statue, saint, or Mother Mary. I have, though, asked the saints and Mother Mary to pray for me (as I would pray for a friend if they were having troubled times).

Second, the Church is much too complex to pigeon hole with a few quotes and passages from various sources (as is ANY religion).

Third, it has become quite boring for me to hear non-Catholics and "former" Catholics bash my religion. I have heard more non-truths and myths about my religion from these people than I could hardly imagine.

Fourth, the Catholic Church IS mentioned in the Bible, although it was not CALLED the Catholic Church at the time. It was the church that Peter continued when Christ told him he had the keys to Heaven and Earth. Please remember that the Bible is kind of old...they didn't have terms like "pope" or "carbon footprint" back then.
If one doesn't believe this, fine. But please do not try and dispel my beliefs because you cannot find the word "Catholic" (which means "universal" in latin) in the Bible. I have travelled the world and am amazed when certain American religions teach that Jesus came to America after he was crucified and started their religions (I will refrain from mentioning WHICH religions these are). There is no mention of Jesus coming to America in the Bible, yet these people say it's true. Do I roll my eyes and have heart problems? No. I just take it with a grain of salt.

Fifth, this site should stick to ghost stories and NOT religious discussions. Although I am Catholic, I would never had allowed this story to get on here in its present form. I'm sure the author of this story could have told us his experience without the addition of letting us know we're doomed unless we follow his beliefs.

I do wish to thank those who do not judge my religion based soley on half-baked ideas, rumours, and their own experiences with "bad apples". I thank those who dismiss people in my religion who get fanatical or have no idea as to what they are talking about.

If all one gets from the Catholic Church is that they are wrong, teach fire and brimstone, and have pedophile priests, then one is completely off the mark.

I have NEVER had a priest that only preached that we are bound for hell if we do not repent. While that was, and is, a basis of or belief, I was preached more of love, forgiveness, and understanding. As for the pedophile part, I was an alter boy for many years and never hit on (I sometimes wonder if I were not cute enough...).

Every religion has its problems and problem people, but basing ones thoughts on those things limits ones view of the religion as a whole.

I am not a Pagan, but have heard many bad things about them. Still, I fail to judge them because I don't KNOW what they are all about. Same goes for Jews or Muslims (which I am way more familiar with but still do not feel knowledgable enough to make a written opinion of).

I am a Catholic but have NEVER treated any other religion with disrespect. That was something my PRIESTS told me never to do. I hope for the same from others out there.

In the end, I say we all should be more respectful of eachother's religions and not have any more chances to debate religion on this site.

There really is one Truth out there, really, and I am sure we are all trying to grasp it and obtain it in our own way. As for me, I can only pray (through saints, Mother Mary, and to God) that we all find the path in the end and that everything turns out ok.
Nady911 (guest)
+2
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
Tough luck. I LEFT Catholicism and became Muslim for obvious reasons. This site isn't for trying to convert people to your religion. I don't shove Islam down your throat and neither should you shove Catholicism down OUR throats.
Lollypop (1 stories) (10 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
Dear Peter,

Re this 'irresistable novena' thing: so you said lots of prayers over a period of time and FORCED the Virgin Mary to find you a job?

Man, that makes you a powerful person!
Yoda1 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Most certainly these are troubling times for the Roman Catholic Church (RCC). Why are we so surprised? All this has been prophesy. I am also a Roman Catholic (very conservative) and although I go to Church every Sunday and on Holy Days of Obligation I am disgusted at the hypocracy of the RCC.

I go to Church to pray with those who are faithfull and part take in the unbloodied sacrifice of Christ. Wishing that the Vatican 2 reform never took place. We've certainly have had a rocky history.

I certainly believe in what Peter is saying and although this post may be suited in another forum/site it does deal with demons and the spiritual world. 😐
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
Thanks for the preaching. You know it gets tiresome reading over and over someone attempting to get someone to convert.

Job 8:2
peter1589 (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Francois:

If you will re-read my post, you will see that I predicted your and everyone else's response:

"But, knowing that this will be ridiculed, disparaged, dismissed and rebuked, it is my only statement. Sorry, Whitebuffalo, but my experience in being banned when I *REALLY* get going is not worth the effort.

Trust me, you don't want to argue with someone who has experienced Hell and strives with all his might to convince others [b]futilely.[/b] I'll be praying for you all, and if I can just stay out of mortal sin, which I cannot, maybe my prayers will be heard by God.

God bless you all and I love you."

See how futile the Truth is to the mindlessness of men?
Francois (220 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
To everyone else,

I believe this story has extremely strong Catholic overtones, even as a Conservative Catholic myself, I do not believe such material should be used in a website that wilfully strives for a lack of biased opinion. The world is a beautiful religious mosaic, however, when we project our views onto the other without proper protocol, the mosaic becomes a "Melting Pot" of ideas each trying to suppress the other. Peace my friends

To peter1589,

I applaud your conversion to the Church and I appreciate that you chose to join the Roman catholic Church, however, I believe it is best to preach our ideals to the public veiled or not, after we have successfully ironed out all of the Church's mistakes of the past. We must respect each other's opinions and not condemn our Christian and non-Christian brothers and sisters.

God bless you all, Dominus Vobiscum, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and Happy Holidays!
😁 😁 😁

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: