You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Suppose I'll Never Know

Real Ghost Stories

Suppose I'll Never Know

 

I had a close friend that passed away violently in a car crash two years ago. I have never thought myself to be sensitive or anything, yet I quite regularly feel his presence... How do I know its him? That's the thing I just do. And there have been times in my life occasionally that I know that there is something there that's not.

I talk to him, see him in my dreams (which he knows I don't like because well dreams always have to end... Go figure) and feel his touch. He is the only person in my 23 year life that I have known that has passed away and I miss him horribly.

He has even come to me in a photograph that I took a couple of new years ago... He seemed sad. But to the point I have never felt threatened or afraid when he comes to visit... I value these moments immensely.

And this is how my latest encounter comes to be... Recently I have been doing some research on sprits and working on how to let's say make myself more aware. After a long night I switched the computer off and climbed into bed. My husband was asleep on the couch and I had left him there (as he is too hard to wake).

As I settled I became a little bit frightened. I turned my head towards the corner of the room near the head of the bed. I sensed that something was there. I knew that it was nothing physical as the hall light shone into the room just enough to see.

As I looked I saw a misty shape but as I strained my eyes to have a better look it was gone. Were my eyes playing tricks on me?

I tried to shrug it off; but I couldn't shake the feeling.

I knew that it couldn't be my deceased friend as he has always used his familiar touch to let me know that he was there.

Initially I felt afraid but the more that I lay there staring at the corner I realized that I didn't feel threatened. I just felt that unfamiliar feeling you get when you are uncomfortable.

As if someone not known to me was standing there watching.

Now relaxing a little bit I turned away and rolled over.

In my head I thought that if I ignored it might just go away. I closed my eyes for a second. The area around my face became chilly. I opened my eyes but alas nothing. Not to the eye that is. Whatever it was had came over and I thought it must have been kneeling beside my bed facing me.

I have done my reading so being tired and uncomfortable I told it politely to please leave and that it was making me feel uneasy.

It backed off.

I lay there for quite some time, fighting off sleep. I wanted to get my husband but like some men he is closed off to such things and would have told me to go back to bed.

I tried to resist sleep but I was so tired that I begun to drift in and out.

And this is the thing in which I don't understand; as I did this I could hear voices. Distant and muffled but there none the less.

I believe that there may have been two males. They talked amongst each other. I was awake but asleep, maybe semi-conscience. I tried to listen and remember what they were saying but to tell the truth I can't remember a thing. It's strange as I know that it was not a dream.

I must have fallen into a deep slumber as I woke up in the morning without waking once.

Maybe I imagined all of this, Maybe it never happened. I could have just spooked myself from reading up on sprits. But if it did happen I wonder... What did it want and why from me (maybe I should have asked)... But I Guess I will never know...

Other hauntings by becky123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, becky123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Hi becky nice tohear from you again. I'm very sorry for your loss. Its always sad to here when loved ones must go. But it is nice to see that he visits you. He must have loved you very much. Why do you think he is sad? Maybe he knows that he left this world too earley. This other spirit seems very different from him. I don't know who it is but maybe a relative? Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
becky123 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hi to all
Rhodes68-Thankyou, I agree with you. Wanting to further the line of communication I have allowed this spirit to pick up on that as you said. So I suppose I have a lot to think about regarding if I open this door do I really want this, go down this path? Hmmmm.
I also agree that this person meant no harm as I did didn't feel that from him. I just felt uncomfortable.
Thankyou
Flutterofwings - Thanks for you comment. Yes now that I have a hard think about it. But I suppose that I was naive in thinking that If I wasn't close to them that they wouldn't make their presence known to me.
Thankyou.

Looking forward to hearing more of you thoughts soon.
Beck ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hello Beck and welcome back.

Since you "feel" your deceased friend's presence, that alone is indication that you are sensitive. Sometimes though being sensitive doesn't "allow" you to see far enough beyond the visit of a loved one.

I think what happened that night was a direct result of your effort to extend your powers, to enhance your sensitivity so that you will be able to have more communication. Someone picked up on that and came to you-it can be a lonely place "out there" if no one sees or talks to you.

Since the communication was interrupted you might never know the purpose of the visit;it could have been a cry for help or simply an effort to "connect" to someone. Had there been any ill intent it wouldn't have kneeled next to your bed-that particular position is one that "spells" I mean no harm and it definitely wouldn't have withdrawn at your command.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
I feel that there is two entities there. And you know them both. One you have forgotten about long ago, that now knows you feel the other friend, is making himself or herself known to you too. Not meaning to frighten you but for you know they are there too. Do you know of anyone else that died maybe long ago you have forgotten about? It's as if this second entity couldn't find the portal to come back to you and now that it's open from your friend has come through it too.
chocolateliquor (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
That's good that your open friends have felt it too. Personally I would've thought it strange if I was the only one feeling it. Hopefully, if this other entity is a threat, your friend will protect you.

😆, CL
becky123 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Thanks for your comments and feed back. That sounds like a good theory DeviousAngel... But he felt very unfamiliar to me, I believe that the two are unconnected but who knows?
Chocolateliquor...Our friends that are open to such things feel his presence, he looks after us well. I believe that he has saved my 2 year old from some nasty accidents in the past.
As for the chitter chat, it happened in the end of the hall where there are no tv's or radios, it was if I was listning into a conversation...werid. I don't think that it would have been my friend as I would have recognised his voice and the way he speaks.
As for this other spirt, I have no known connection to it so I'm not too keen to befriend it anyway.
Thanks again
Beck
chocolateliquor (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
It does sound like you firned is still there and that he watches over you regularly. Have you asked other friends who knew him if they've experienced similar things?

About the voices, I've had that semi-concious hearing thing before but it was just my mom and uncle talking near me. Was there a radio or something near you? Who knows, but your story is quite interesting.

Don't immediatly take this other spirit as a friend. Wait and observe its actions a little more.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It's such a difficult thing to lose the ones we love, but it's good to know that he cares for you and still visits you occasionally. Perhaps he just wants to know that you haven't forgotten him.

This other spirit that you've sensed is perhaps a guardian or someone that your friend's spirit has met and sent to watch over you. He (as I'm assuming you've recognized this entity to be a male) seems to be pretty polite as he left you alone when you asked. It's possible that the two men you heard speaking were your friend and this spirit? Just a theory.:)

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: