You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija... No Thanks

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija... No Thanks

 

So, I had a bad experience years ago at a party. I was at a friend's house in Mt. Clemens. We all knew his apartment was haunted, and honestly I was never that bothered by it (As long as I stayed away from the mirrors.) I have a mirror thing when it comes to haunted places. Anyway they decided to drag out an Ouija board. I don't like Ouija boards I don't get good vibes from them. I refused to go along with this Idea but I was vetoed.

I sat on the couch while three of the guests started using it on the living room floor. They started asking it questions and then bantering back and forth with whatever was communicating through it. I felt the atmosphere get heavy around the room. I knew deep down this wasn't good.

A year before this I had seen a Native American spiritualist who said I had a guardian spirit, a male ancestor from the paternal side of my family (And because of an experience before this I believe it to be true) so in my mind I called to him for protection.

They continued with the board and all the sudden they all noticed the room had drastically dropped in temperature. I had not, I was still warm.

My friend Jenn was freaked out and sat by me, she immediately noticed my body temperature. She took hold of my arm and it felt like she had submerged her hand in ice. Another guest came over and sat on the other side and suggested cuddling for warmth... Well my warmth anyway.

The others continued with the board and all the sudden I remember people arguing and becoming very defensive and catty, very unlike how they were earlier in the night and over really silly things. I decided to bring to their attention that perhaps they should stop playing with the board that it may be bringing negative energy into the house. Things got overwhelmingly tense so I left. I wish I could remember all the details, but this was years ago. I just remember thinking thank God for a guardian spirit.

Other hauntings by ejgavinart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ejgavinart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pink496 (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Your story is very interesting one on your ghost stories It's never good to play with the boards! I have done it as well when I was a kid. A lot of kids do. But I know now not to play with them and it seems like you do too! 😊
All the best to you!
Pink496
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
using ouija boards is highly dangerous for anyone only powerful spirits can manifest around seances and ouija boards genuine mediums and psychics who have spirit guides and protectors that protect them from anything evil are the only ones who should attempt any contect with the spirit world. Having said that we all have spirit guides and guardian angels protecting us we just need to get to know them for further protection if we are delving around the spirit world all or most of the time...
Shinobi_Enryu (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
You are very fortunate to have a guardian spirit. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to be warm in a cool place? Free service to you! Anyway, you are a unique individual with special gift (s). Don't get hurt while hanging around people doing these kinds of things. Take care and stay safe.
SupernaturalWaffle (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
wow. That would of scared the crap out of me. It's cool that you have a gaurdian spirit and that he/she protects you! I think I have one too.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
i agree with one point brought up in all the postings on the different pages of stories like this ouija boards are dangerous in the wrong hands especially if you don't know what you are doing.

I can't wait until the submissions page is up again so I can post a couple of Good times I have had with a ouija board. I have had bad times too but as long as you take the right steps nothing can attach to you or follow you home.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
well I don't believe in past lifes and recarnation, but I do believe my son sees something. And I'm not sure if you read the last part of my story we know there has to be at least one ghost in our house, but possibly more. So we think my dads mom is here too... And my mom is really close to her aunt. She lives in our town like 10 minutes away from us
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Wow, you are very lucky that you have a guardian spirit. Also you seem to be a good judge of when to contact spirits and when not to; and the methods involved. Well good luck with all future experiences.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Interesting, DeviousAngel.

Please excuse me, ejgavinart.

Your theory? I share a very similar one about spirits and visits. The only Major difference 😊 is that I use the word "tear" and you used the word "wound". Very interesting. I never really met anyone who shared that same thought.
Thank you.

Thanks ejgavinart. Did not mean to interrupt.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
ejgavinart, please excuse the intrusion on your page!

JamesRobiscoe--this is only a theory, but this is what I think.

I think that any method used of summoning spirits is powerful, but something about the set up of a Oujia board makes it easier for spirits to communicate with people. Firstly, you're welcoming the spirit into wherever you're using the board, and that alone I think would "summon" a spirit... Combined with the fact that most people do it in a group means the spirit has a lot of energy to feed off of. Then you allow it to take control of an object to spell out words for you, which is probably much easier than speaking or whispering things for a spirit. I believe it takes a lot of energy for a spirit to be able to do anything in our world, and speaking or revealing itself would probably take a great deal of that. Moving an object using the energy of the players, however... That seems much easier. Following this vein of thought, I think it's likely that only the most powerful spirits may be summoned using this method... Which explains why so many people end up with crazy hauntings on their hands.

And then of course, I have a theory that wherever a spirit manifests, it leaves a temporary "wound" in the atmosphere if you will. All that electromagnetic force... It would create sort of a "portal" between worlds, or like a temporary hole that if not properly closed using the concentrated energies of the summoning parties, could stay open and allow spirits entry back and forth.

Just my theory...

Warmest blessings,

DA
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Wow that was a very scary experience. I would be scraed lik ehell. Ouji boards can bring a lot of trouble with them but Thy can also help.Me?well let's just say I will stay away from them. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
You know what?
I am trying to find the "bad experience" in all of this. Really.
I am NOT trying to be funny.

You know, I guess this is one of those "perception" things that has people at odds with one another, but if you ask me, (and I KNOW no one really did) this was a GOOD experience. It PROVES that should you have your "protection" in place, you WILL be SAFE.
You KNEW that the Ouija was not for you, so you declined. Even though there were others in the home, YOU chose to "sit it out". When your friends got freaked, they came to YOU. YOU left.
GOOD experience.
You were not "followed", you were not "hurt", you were not assaulted by negative beings...
Now your FRIENDS, on the other hand, seem to have succumbed to the "Ouija dispute". It does happen. People start arguing over the responses, and warring with one another to prove that someone else was doing this or that. People are people. And when in close proximity to others, they just seem to be at odds at times.
Thank you.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I'm curious to know what makes a Ouija board so seemingly powerful? I mean, it's just a board (or paper) with letters and such. It seems to me it isn't the material thing but the intent of the participant (s) that conjures. But the question remains: why do spirits or entities seem to respond especially in this set-up? If they wanted to come forth, couldn't they do so just by someone calling for them?
What's the origin and history of the Ouija? Isn't it comparatively recent? Isn't the "Oui" and "Ja" just French and German for "Yes"? Doesn't that indicate the whole thing is a joke?
It's obvious it's no joke to thousands of people, so I remain curious about the background and specialness of the board.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Devious ANgel,
Thanks for reading and for respect. Your opinion is very valid, and unfortunaley extremely accurate regarding the arrogance of people.

I am jaded, unfortunately. I have had a very serious experience regarding an ouijia board... With ramifications that last to this day. The story is on here, so perhaps my opinion is based on fear, but again I appreciatte your respect.

God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
KimSouth0, I completely respect your opinion and you are fully entitled to it! I do believe that there are people with enough spiritual strength and understanding of this kind of thing to be able to use these portals to communicate with spirits for positive reasons, such as finding out if loved ones are ill and when births will happen and so forth. There are many forms of divination, and speaking with the spirits of our lost loved ones and our ancestors is just one way of doing this. Unfortunately, too many people are arrogant and think that they are strong enough when in fact they are not at all prepared for the caliber of what they are doing.

Alas, that is also my opinion! May the spirits guide and watch over you.

Warmest blessings,

DA
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Sorry, I must chime in here...
In my opinion, there is no such thing as using the ouijia board for good. There is no such thing as experts and being able to control these things when out of control.

The reason the word paranormal exists is because, this is out of the norm. Opening portals and communication with non-living beings is not the norm. How are these so called experts to know they have trult opened a so called good portal and not something else?

Well, thanks for listening to my humble opinion. I apologize if I was on my soap box a bit.

God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Kirby--I agree with you, that only experts should operate them and use them. It's really quite astonishing that they sell them to children in toy stores and such. I don't think they should, but then, how do you sell something like that to an "expert" without inputting a "spiritual licensing" system or something? That's far from practical. There's no way to be sure who's spiritually strong enough for something like that.

I'm glad you're okay now, ejgavinart!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Ouija Boards I have not even seen one, I think I will keep it that way. You are very lucky your gaurdian was with you.

I would really like to read about your encounters with the mirrors. I do not know what you have experianced with them, but I have my own little, I will call it phobia, with mirrors. Look forward to the submission.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
That must have been a terrifying experience ejgavinart! I personally stay away from the Board mainly because I don't have any experience to be able to handle the seance let alone I believe they can open portals which "many" can use to come through from the opposite dimension. I'm not sure if one can really close the portal even if they "properly end" the session. I think the portal as well as the invitation stays behind.

I'm very interested in reading about the "mirror experiences" you have so I'll be looking forward to more submissions from you!

Tammy
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
This seems like one of the weirdest stories I've heard so far... DeviousAngel you'd have to be an expert and know all you can about Ouija boards before using them for "good". You never know what door you might kick open. They are a portal, that's true. The most dangerous thing is that they sell Ouija boards in stores for children like Toys are Us and online stores like Amazon. They're dangerous, no matter who uses them. Children also don't know what they're getting into. The spirit can lie and deceive, making itself sound like anyone it wants to. They could lie about your past life, pretend to be a deceased family member, anything you want. Heed this warning all people thinking about using a Ouija Board.
ejgavinart (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Hi Devious Angel,
These days I wouldn't hesitate to leave if a board came out. But I was young, I guess since I figured that I wasn't operating the board I would be fine. And I guess I was. Although everyone else had a pretty bad night with the arguing and such. I was frighten by an Ouija board as child, so I tend to stay away. I have been to other parties where Ouija boards have been brought out and chose not to participate and everything was fine. I guess this was just an instance of me following my gut instict and it being right.
Thanks,
EJGavinart
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
You're definitely very fortunate to have a guardian on your side. If a situation like that ever comes up again, the best thing is to leave before they even start. It doesn't make you a chicken or a fool. A lot of people can't handle the energies given off by spiritual gateways, and most people don't know how to control the pathways they open for the spirits. Ouija boards aren't necessarily bad--it depends on who uses them and how they use them. Anyway, I'm glad you're okay!

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: