You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Do You Know Who You're Talking To

Real Ghost Stories

Do You Know Who You're Talking To

 

I am from Bangalore, India. Often while I have nothing to do at office, I've been reading experiences here on Your Ghost Stories for the past 4 - 5 Years. I have a good time reading experiences/posts and comments on this site. I enjoy reading and listening to Ghost stories and experiences.

I have never experienced anything Paranormal. But have many experiences to share of my close friends and family. I have now decided to submit one experience that happened to my brother when my dad was sick and admitted at a Medical Facility. (I've taken permission from my brother to submit this experience). Let's call him Manny.

This is the first time I am writing about something without studying about it or copying. Please excuse my Grammar or mistakes, if any.

This happened in October 2010. My dad was sick and was admitted at a hospital in Bangalore. He was in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) for around two weeks. Those were his last days. For patients in the ICU, during nights only one additional person per patient was allowed to stay at the hospital. Each ICU has 5 patients and for all the other 5 people that stay with the patients there is only one room given and everyone need to share it. No one is allowed into the ICU, except for the medical staff. Relatives or friends can see the patient only once or twice a day at specific visiting hours.

Manny or I used to stay at nights in the hospital, taking turns alternate days. The room given for 5 people was very stuffy, had 2 single beds and a few chairs. The hospital has long corridors. At the corner on the floor we were, there was an old operation theater that was not in use any more. It was in a slightly dark place but you could still see because the other parts of the corridors where the ICU and other wards are located, had lights switched on. Since the room that was given for us to stay was always full and busy. We used to spread a quilt on the floor and sleep outside the Old Operation theater because it was silent and dark over there. There always used to be 1 or 2 people sleeping in the same way over there during nights.

One night when Manny was sleeping near the old operation theater, around 1 hour after he fell asleep. He woke up to a man telling him to get up and go somewhere else. Manny without opening his eyes tells this person you go find some other place, I slept here first. Even though Manny's eyes were closed during the conversation he could see like a person standing near him. The man again says this is my place you have to go somewhere else. Manny without waking up told the man to Get Lost and continued to sleep. Then the man in an angry tone asked Manny, DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO? GET UP FROM MY PLACE.

Manny in a state of shock immediately opened his eyes to see but there was no one over there. There was only another person sleeping almost ten feet away from him. Manny was sure it couldn't be that person because he was far and couldn't have gone 10 feet and slept in a fraction of a second.

I have slept in this same place for few nights before this incident but never experienced anything. I never tried to sleep there after this. I or my brother are not sure if this was just a dream or if it was a spirit that was asking him to leave from there. Guys please let me know your views. Thanks for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thunder_Storm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-07-31)
My father was a surgeon and the tone that voice took with your brother sounds 100% surgeon to me! Maybe some long deceased surgeon still felt rather territorial of his old operation theater - still saw it as his turf, his kingdom... As many of them do in life. Regardless that your brother certainly meant neither harm nor disrespect, I suppose he may have been offended seeing someone setting up camp at the very doors to "his" domain even though neither he nor the theater were still in "operation".
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-30)
Hi Thunder_Storm,

My condolences on the loss of your father. ❤ I was wondering if your brother encountered a poor soul stuck in that area? His demanding that your brother leave, sounds as if he might have been confused as to why Manny was there.

Just a thought. Thank you for sharing 😊
- Dee
Thunder_Storm (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-30)
Hello Lady Glow, Thanks for reading and commenting. Since my dad was very sick at that time, we couldn't check with the staff or anyone else if they have experienced anything over there.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-29)
Welcome to YGS.

Thunder_Storm - I'm sorry for your loss.

In my opinion, it is hard to tell if Manny was just dreaming or if an angry ghost talked to him but, since this happened at a hospital and, as we know, hospitals are hot spots for paranormal activity and restless spirits, it is highly possible that the voice belonged to a departed person.

Do you know if Manny ever asked the staff if anyone had have a similar experience?

Thanks for sharing this good read.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: