You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Violent Nightmares That Won't Stop

Real Ghost Stories

Violent Nightmares That Won't Stop

 

I am having these nightmares, I guess. They are so bad that I actually wake up sweating or crying, sometimes even a combination! I think they're caused by the demon in my house. They won't stop! They are usually so detailed that it's like reality... And they won't stop, no matter what. I really want them to stop, I'm actually almost afraid of them now.

What they are, are these nightmares of my family-so vivid, so life-like. The past few were like this;

I was in the ruins of what seemed a wooden house, like a log cabin. I could hear screams and wails from around me. The house was on fire. I suppose I was in a team or group of some sort, because a tall man with a buzz cut was gesturing for me to run out of the house quickly.

I ran into a larger house and into a basement. The stairs were wooden and creaked as I ran down. Now sitting on the cold, stony floor, I realized my father was here too.

A boy came down with a gun and shot my father. I ran toward the bleeding body of my dad, crying. I tried to help him, but he pushed me away, moaning. The last things he said were, "Get to safety."

I nodded and began to stand up, and turning toward the doorway I saw I was trapped... About to be blown up as a grenade flew toward me... Then I awoke.

A different one was shorter, and happened last night.

I was in my school, in the 4th and 5th grade pod-this giant space large enough for a swimming pool. I was crouched behind a trash can and table while SOMETHING was shooting a gun.

Eventually it shot my mom's boyfriend. He "disappeared" (I don't know what happened to him) and I grabbed a "thing" just before I was shot... But it only left a warm red spot as if I'd been bruised... Then I awoke.

How can I get rid of these? I really hate them, but you have to admit, they are a little interesting... Sometimes scary!

Please help me, I need all the help I can get.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JrGhostHunter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Plusnet (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
I honestly know what you're going through. I had a nightmare that involved a mass shooting at my college, with me being the only survivor, (being seriously injured too), BUT it only occurred once and I still get flashbacks. As many others have said it may be to do with the fact it involves your family and you are trying to find your way in life, and this is like my nightmare as it involved some of my very close friends.
I do hope these nightmares of yours have gone. If not I do believe they WILL go, eventually. Don't worry.
Levanya (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Ugh I know what you mean about nightmares... A month back I had many scary nightmares I slowly became Somniophobic which means 'Fear of Sleeping' and found it really hard to sleep and recently had a zombie one which was the scariest dream in my life
baddreamcatcher (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
Here is what you should do if you have a croos with god on it in your house use it if not you should go buy one and light theree candles around nyour bed take the cross spin around while saying "Devil be gone I have the power of god with me.
DarkAngel (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
There is no right or wrong answer to all these people's responses yes its true dreams are a way of letting your true feelings out. But it is when your most vonrable (soz I'm a bad speller haha) and demon's do use it against you... I can understand how you feel, I get horrifying dreams too... And all of them involve a demon. In the shape of a little boy and everytime ill try to defeat him in my "dream" but he always over powers me or gets help from other "things".
But just no your not alone... Tones of people on this site including me will be with you to help:P
Goodluck ❤
melony_san (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
just say this when ever the bad dreams happen: (if you are a muslim if not you could try)

Ash-hadu-alla-illa-ha-ilallah

😁
sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Yes it is very possible for the demon to get to you when your sleeping, because that is when your mind is the most oen. Just pray to god before you sleep and pour salt around your home see if it helps.
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Here here, MissMelanie...
Well Said!
But,ah, the ghost...
Seems to be getting...Stronger, I would suppose?
I hung bells by my bedpost and said "if your there, ring a bell," and it did.
😨 😆 Lol, and waaah at the same time!
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
I know many people will probably argue, but ouija boards are extremely dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. They can be a gateway for evil. I suggest you get rid of it.

As for the dreams, I have nightmares to this very day. Not every night but at least once a week. I've had crazy people chasing me and trying to kill me, I've been stalked by psychos and my grandparents killed right in front of me. I've also been haunted and possessed in my nightmares. I try not to let them get to me because they're a normal part of life.
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Oooh...Its like she's out to get me!
There is NO LOVE for me from her. Anything I ask for is a constant No, unless my father says otherwise.

THanks a ton Surya. You're a real help! ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Have you read my interpretations of your dreams? Your nightmares all point to more or less the same issues. Yes entities do feed of anger as well as fear. Have you thought about some sort of counseling, or even spiritual healing. All this anger inside, if not dealt with will destroy you mentally. Please have think about it. Why do you call you step mother terrible?
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Yes Actually. They ARE getting worse.
When I was seven years old, my parents Divorced. I am still a little angry and upset at that. Maybe the entity is feeding off that?
My stepmother is terrible.
Glad for your help!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
It sounds to me like you have a lot of anger inside you which could explain the dreams you are having. Issues that you need to deal with. If there is an entity in your home, it is more than likely feeding of your anger. Have you spoken to your parents about what you are going through. If not, speak to them. You also state "they are getting worse" are you referring to the nightmares?
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
They're getting worse.
I used to have Nightmares where I would be stabbed or something, then wake up to find whatever was stabbed to be asleep.
Well, just last night In my nightmare I was shot in the should blades with an Airsoft Gun and I actually felt the pain! (man that hurt.)
And just a random question;Can just OWNING a Ouija board cause something bad to be released? And I also... Tried using it, with no replies.
Actually, they're beginning to get interesting. Sometimes I talk to someone I miss or would like to meet/talk to. I won't go into detail because those are personal 😳
I really appreciate your help. Things in my house are really hectic, and I have to go clean up what was just throw at me. My parents'll be home in a few minutes so...
See ya
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I agree with what most others have said here: the best idea would be to avoid stressful situations for a while if you can, relax, get yourself on a healthy and steady diet, get plenty of exercise and try to interact with friends and family as much as possible. You're very mature for your age (and you write very well!) but you're still going to be attacked by hormones now and then. I had some REALLY crazy dreams when I was a teenager--but just remember, that's all they are. They aren't real and they can't hurt you or anyone else you love.

Another thing I noticed about your dreams is the constant military theme... Is someone in your family or friends a military service member? These dreams could be an expression of anxiety about that.

Blessings,
DA
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I read your story with great interest. After analysing your dream I came up with a few Interpretations.

To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. The basement represents the unconscious. To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking.

To dream of screaming, symbolizes anger and fear. It is an expression of your powerful emotions which you have kept pent up inside.
It indicates your sense of helplessness and frustrations in some situation. No matter how hard you try to get someone's attention, they cannot hear you. It highlights your difficulty in communicating with this person. You need to immediately identify your fears or feelings and confront this situation in real life.

To hear a wail in your dream, symbolizes some sadness, pain or suffering of someone around you.

To dream that you are walking down a flight of stairs, represents your repressed thoughts. It suggests that you are going into your unconscious. It also refers to set backs that you will experience in your life.

To see the floor in your dream, represents your support system and sense of security. It may also symbolize the division between the unconscious and conscious.

To see a gun in your dream, symbolizes aggression, anger, and potential danger. You may be dealing with issues of passiveness/aggressiveness and authority/dependence. The gun may also mean power or impotence.

To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father and how aspects of his character may be incorporated within yourself.

To dream that you are trapped, suggests that you are feeling confined and restricted in your job, career, health, or a personal relationship. You may be in a rut or tired of the same daily monotony.

I hope it helps with trying to figure out why you keep having these nightmares. In the meantime I would recommend burning some incense Lavender or another from nthe lavender family. It will aid with sleep as well as bring about a calm and clear any unwanted enrgies.

Keep us posted.
Zahin (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
I agree with spirit13's thoughts... May be you are doing something which are causing these dreams. Dreams reflects the thoughts of your mind... My advice is relax,don't watch too many horror or action films and try to think less about these before going to bed. Good Luck!
spirit13 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
may be your doing something to cause these dreams like eating something that doesn't like your body very much, or maybe your really emotinal at the moment the only thing I can recomend is to relax don't think about them too much.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
What you should do, if you want to stop the dreams, is fix up your routine for bed. Like trying switching things up a bit, because sometimes the environment, time, setting and stuff can interfere with how we sleep. Trying changing the time you go to sleep, whether earlier or later I don't think it matters. If you sleep with out a light on try turning one on or vise versa. If you eat before bed try not to or eat something different and if you don't then try eating or drinking something. Also try having a comfort object of some sort with you. Sleep with a favorite stuffed animal or something, I think that'll help.

Sorry if I repeated anyone's ideas. Anyways I hope that helps! Good Luck!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
These dreams seem to symbolize things going on in your life right now. Notice how your father and your mom's boyfriend were both shot in these dreams.
I see nothing paranormal here, just your mind working things out.
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Actually, I have two dream catchers and a thousand million little stuffed animals that I worship because of what they mean to me. No help from them.
I am 13 actually, kecoughtan, so I see your point.
Thanks for the help, I still need more though, so please... Keep 'em comin'!
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
JrGhostHunter, your evening routines and sleep environment can influence dreams. How old are you? Teen years are turbulent trying to find your way and yourself. I have always had extremely vivid dreams, but during adolescence frustrations often produced violent dreams. What time do you go to bed and what evening routines do you follow? Numerous studies have shown that subjects who reach REM stages of sleep earlier (about 11 PM) experienced higher quality, and more rejuvenating sleep. Are you watching movies or reading anything that could inadvertantly disturb you or influence your subconscience? Are you eating or drinking too much sugar too late? Is your room dark and quiet enough? Again, studies indicate that subjects in dark, quiet, cool rooms (I often use a fan for white noise to drown out street noise) get the best sleep. Try turning off all electronic devices in your room (except the alarm clock). A recent study concluded that the sleep of many teenagers is being disturbed by the blue light cast by comptuers, cell phones, and game systems that are often on in their rooms at night. There's something about the spectrum of the color that makes it much very distrubtive. Basically, you want as few potential disturbances as possible. It might be helpful for you to record your dreams as soon as you awake. I used to do this. It will give you a sense of control and an ability to identify patterns and trends. And, you can't go wrong with a dreamcatcher.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
That is very strange.
I do not know if dreamcatchers work or not, they always helped getting rid of my nightmares when I was a kid and now I haven't had a nightmare ever since I hung one in my room. I do not know if it was a coincidence, or it really worked.

I hope that you find the answer to your problem!

Merry Christmas! ❤
Harleydavidson (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Well I think that I can help you a bit. You must recite "Ya Ali Madad" before sleeping (thats what I always do when I'm scared). It works always for me hope it also works for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: