You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It Grandpa?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It Grandpa?

 

I was taking a nice, warm shower one night. I had the curtain pulled, so no one could see me. My friend walked in to use the restroom. We were talking for a while, when we heard a loud crash.

We have a basket of shells in the bathroom that my mom uses for decoration. All of a sudden, it fell in front of my friend. (It was originally behind her) "What was that?" I exclaimed. "This basket of shells. I was just sitting here and they just knocked in front of me. I do not see how that happened", my friend, Kaitlan, told me.

When she was finished, she got up and left the restroom. Of course, I was terrified now.

"Grandpa...was that you?" I asked wearily.

Kaitlan was still waiting outside the door while I was getting out and getting dressed. "Kaitlan, are you sure that you didn't knock it over on accident?" "No, I didn't. It was behind me, I do not know how I could have knocked it over in front of me". She had a good point. Unless if she literally took it and dropped it, which was highly unlikely.

We cleaned up the shells and kept thinking what it could have been. We came up with no explanations, unfortunately.

I began thinking. Could it have been my grandpa? My grandpa died where the toilet is now. He lived in our house before we did. The bathroom used to be the living room. We moved in after my granny died two weeks after I was born and redid the living room into three different rooms. (It was a big living room) His hospital bed was right where the toilet and shower was, so it COULD have been him. It has been about forty one years since he died.

So, was it my grandpa just playing tricks on me? Was it Kaitlan who knocked it over, but didn't want to get in trouble? Was my grandpa just trying to scare me because he thought it would have been funny? Or was it a different spirit? I do not have an answer, but I wish that I did.

Other hauntings by ghostlover13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lalala123 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
i think it was your grandpa just playing a trick on you.
Lol
(=

Its good that he is still there with you
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Tonith,
Lol
I think it was because it caught me off guard and nothing has happened to me like that before.

Happyghost,
She said that she did feel something with her and I did too.

Troyarn,
I don't think it was my granny... I think it was my grandpa... Wrong story again? 😆

Francois,
Wow... Wow francy. 😆 That was about the stupidest yet funniest story I have ever read... Private eye! Hahahaha.
Francois (220 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Dear Jill,

Showers, showers and bath times, the time when one person is vulnerable. I don't know why I said that, but I felt like saying it... Moving on.

I don't think it was your grandfather, by now he should have passed on, unless he died tragically and has unfinished business.

I, an amateur and extremely inexperienced detective shall now present my findings in this imaginary Private Eye's Office through narration.

"Hello, I'm Francois, Private eye, employed by The Wal Mart Investigative Agency, it was dark night, the clouds where not visible and the ceiling fan was creaking, my secretary 5 minutes ago slapped me and called me a "cheap moron" I told her to have a nice day..."

"Then this lady, age 14 or something, dressed in black with a wide brimmed hat, a broken shell in her hand came into the room, she was crying and was frightened, she told me someone committed a crime, but who"

"I asked for her name, she said her name was Jill, and so she made me remember Jack and Jill brand cookies which I enjoyed eating when I was younger"

"I went through the house, I interviewed several ghosts and they all told me I was going to find nothing, but I didn't care because...I'm a Private Eye (music plays) "

"There were three suspects, well actually four, 2 ghosts, a friend of the victim and the gravity who is invisible to the naked eye. They all looked a bit guilty, but who did it, was it the ghosts? Was it Ms. Kaitlin? Or was it gravity? Hmm (ceiling fan creaks) "

"Ma'am, we have 3 suspects:

Suspect one: Kaitlin, her motive is simple and that is, she is jealous of shells, yes, that is true, some people don't like having their shells outshone. Another motive she has is simple, she likes scaring you, in my 5 days of experience in the field, I have discovered that it is fun when annoying and scaring people. "

"Suspect two: the boy and girl ghosts, they like contact with you and even though the timing was bad they scared your friend who probably made those ghosts laugh. If so, good job."

"Suspect III: the wind and gravity, their motive is simple, they allow thin people to climb trees and strand fat people on the ground. They as well are jealous of shells and baskets."

"So, who likely did it you ask, well, I don't know, it could have been gravity or ghosts. Or, it could have been Sarah Palin."

So Jill walked up to me, she slapped me and said "you're investigation made no sense" I was surprised, I had spent two gruelling hours investigating the whole enchilada and got a slap

She left the room but not before stomping on my right shoe which I had polished with Kiwi.

"So the story ends, no clear suspect and a woman's broken shell plunders her thoughts..."

"It's not easy being a ghost investigating Private eye" I said, and so I walked down the damp streets, the rain hitting my grey trench coat and fedora. And so ends another story and another day in the life of Francois... Private Eye"

Anyway, good job on the story Jill and I can't wait to hear more. God bless and take care.

Dominus vobiscum and Pax tecum

Sincerely,

Francois...Private Eye 😁 😁
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
I can only hope that soon your gran is laid to rest and has peace. Really...
happyghost (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
i think it would have been a ghost because why would it have been your friend it weird. As I tell people ask her if she saw something behind her when the bastet fell. Ps; I feel scare 😨
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I know I sound like a broken record but it could be a matter of kinetic energy which abounds in some teens. Considering what goes on in your house it could have been a spirit too. Guess it's a wait and see deal. It's odd to me that this scared you when seeing full blown apparitions does not. Go figure lol.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: