You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Who Locked The Doors?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Locked The Doors?

 

It was during my hostel days that I encountered most of the paranormal activities in my life, my previous story being the most terrifying experience. But what I am about to narrate now is something that was witnessed by all the hostellers, all in the prime of their health and of sound mental balance.

It was the hill station of Dehradun. I was a boarder in my institute. We were allocated rooms that had very little space, enough for two people with adequate things of daily use could to fit and live in throughout the term that is. We had to go to the mess for our meals and the mess was a good half a kilometer away from our rooms, the premises being very large.

One night we all gathered outside our rooms to make a move for the mess. Every room was locked by the occupants before leaving. We had a perfectly fine dinner and a walk over the volleyball court which was near the mess. Smoking and joking was all as usual. I was approached by a junior student who said he could not open his room door. I asked him if he unlocked the door, he said yes. Then why isn't it opening I asked. I got a reply I never expected or imagined. He said that it seemed like the door had been locked on the inside. I rebuked him. All of us seniors did. We all laughed and then grinned. The young student's expressions did not change at all. It was then for the first time it dawned upon us that he isn't joking. We rushed to his room. Pulled the door with all we had, the handle came off the door, but the door did not budge.

After doing all we could, we asked one of the juniors to get an iron rod. Someone got a hammer and we broke in. Upon entering we checked every window, despite the fact that no one could get in from there because all the windows had iron grills on them, immovable. No other entry point was there except the door we had just broken. So we had to put down the incidence as a joke, we didn't want to alarm the new students.

The same incident occurred many times in different rooms. We still have no clue who or what locked the doors. But one thing is for sure that once the door was locked from outside, nothing but air could only get inside the room.

Other hauntings by Shiva

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shiva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Well first of all, tell me if there were any 'other' kind of incidents in your hostel that keeps pushing towards drawing the conclusion that 'Your hostel is Haunted'. If no other incidents of 'ghostly' sort took place, then I am pretty sure that all those doors of your hostel which shows such 'self-bolting activity' is nothing but they surely have some problem with the locks or bolts. I believe many hostels in India are haunted, but then apart from the problem with the door-locks,you haven't mentioned about any 'other' evidence here in that proves that your hostel is haunted. If it is haunted by a ghost, then will it only play with the doors...?...I mean don't you think it would indulge itself in other scary activities also?... (Sights/sounds/voices/shadows etc.)...Anyway,I am asking you again if there were any 'other' incidents in your hostel also that could lead to the fact that indeed your hostel was haunted?
kausthebest (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
dude... Indian hostels are seriously haunted... I've been to 3 hostels until now... Each one of them was haunted... I believe you completely...
itsdan4u (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
the same thing happened in my college... 2- 3 times. This is how it actually happened in our college. It was a single piece of wood, the door. There used to be clothes hanging on it with the help of hooks. Now when you pull the door, the clothes swing. Especially the pants and hitting the latch from behind and that pushes the rod into the hole by which latching the door. Is that one of these situations?
shiversdownmyspine (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
this story was a good story but it was not much frightening;i will agree with you that your first story was a really scary experience. Godspeed and take care! 😐
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
DA,
Sorry for not being able to respond to your post earlier, and now let's be practical about what I mentioned here.
I would like to diccuss the points you made here...
1). Janitor- no way a human could have done it, reason being there's no entry or exit point except the one door we locked on our way out.
2). Picking a lock- won't work cause then also you can't bolt it on the inside and get out.
Hope I have cleared all the points here 😁
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
What an wierd way to spell Rohit. I am starting to wonder if you are a Brahmin. Hmmmmmm
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Scaryboy,
Thanks for your views on Indian hostels. I guess there is something un-natural about our hostels in India.

Dreamgal,
I hope you find the answer to these happenings with a carpenter but it wasn't one door for me but a different door each time.

Godspeed S.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
oh wow what coincidence shiva your experiences are absolutely resembling mine shiva better my words going to true
INDIAN HOSTELS ARE HAUNTED
Scary boy (my another account of kiranchandra)
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
hey shive my name is rohith since iam from india I know the worst facilities available here, not to make fun indian doors have something like loose attachment, when you forcely bolt the door from outside the bolt in the inside may skid and could be a possible reason for bolting from inside you can better look upon that and consult a carpenter man...
God bless you,
Scary boy
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hmm, sound like my door in front of the house everytimes I go outside to get mail and I come back and hey it's lock me out even though I have to call my mom at work or go over to my uncle to get the key to ulock the door to get me inside the house. It happen to my old house too now this new house still to this day I still do not understand why or what happen to make the door lock it self. I hate that and I am sure it happen to anybody like you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Thank you for sharing your story. Are you sure that something wasn't wrong with the locks? Maybe a janitor playing a trick on people there, or a disgruntled employee? Even another student who was locking the doors? You can lock someone's door the same way you unlock it, by picking the lock. I'm not sure... It just doesn't sound paranormal to me.

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: