You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Coughing Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Coughing Girl

 

This happened to me about two weeks ago. I was at school and I was just talking to one of my friends when I realized I had to go the bathroom.

We have two girls' bathrooms (I go to a private school) and I decided to use the one upstairs because it was bigger. I went up there did my business and when I came out I went over to the sink to wash my hands.

I was looking down at my hands when I heard this cough. I looked over at my side and I saw a girl around my age leaning against the window pane. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes and she looked sick and exhausted. I was kind of curious because I pretty much knew all the kids in the school and I had never seen this girl before.

She saw me staring at her let out another cough and just stared at back me. She coughed again and I asked, "Are you okay?"

She was looking at me and nodded. I was all confused but after wiping my hands I just went out of there without saying anything else to her. When I got to my class it was then that I realized that when I had first burst in the bathroom I never noticed or heard her coughing

. A few days after this I was talking with my English teacher about this and when my teacher asked me to describe her I did. She looked at me and said, "Wow that sounds like my niece who died 3 years ago. She had long blonde hair and was very sick and coughing before her death".

My mouth was open and I'm still in shock. (I tend to speak Polish to everyone but my English teacher-we speak in English.)

Why do you think that I saw her? She did not look like a ghost. She looked like a normal girl but sick looking. Like I said before I know almost all of the kids in my school since the school I go to is kind of small. It's slightly freaky to think I was face to face with (maybe) a real ghost.

Any thoughts on this one?

Other hauntings by Pangie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pangie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Woah, that's one heck of a story. But like many others here, I can't determine whether this was a ghost or just a sick person.
Like hobbyholly said if she was attending the school before she died it would make much more sense.
Please ask your teacher about her once more, but if it's too painful, I understand.
Let us know if you see her again.
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Maybe it wasn't your english teacher's niece, it was probably a girl that's looks like her. Even if your english teacher's niece didn't go to the school why would she be there? Maybe she was saying goodbye to her aunt, but why would she be the restroom?

- erin19 ❤
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
I don't know if this was a ghost. Also, I find it odd that a teacher would offer up information that her niece died 3 years ago and was coughing based on the fact that you told her that the girl you saw was blonde and coughing.

Out of curiosity, what made you tell your English teacher about this? If I saw someone I didn't know in the bathroom, I wouldn't have remembered it 3 days later.

I'm not saying that you are lying at all... Maybe there are just a lot of details missing that tie this story together and have it make more sense.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
I hope the OP comes back to answer questions, but I doubt it. Oh well, guess we'll never know
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
strange experience and fictionable also even no ghost will be seen until you are any ways connected to them be sure you saw correctly
Never I say anything because iam
Scary boy. Fine pangie next time please carry one disposable camera again! 1 😲
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
could it be just some girl trying to sneak into the school? Because in the area I live in there is a girl school (I won't say the name, and I'm not a girl) and once it came out in the papers that a girl lesbian snuck in and wanted to rape one of the girls there fortunately the police caught her before hand, so I'm not sure wether the one you saw was a ghost or not
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I'm not sure about this either. It sounded like she was just a real person that you may not have noticed earlier or had walked in after you were finished going to the bathroom. How would the teacher know that this was her niece? A lot of european girls have blond hair and blue eyes, so that isn't saying much. Did her niece attend the school? There are a lot of details missing from this.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Blessings,
DA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I'm not sure.

Did this teacher's niece attend the school? I'm assuming since you go to private school you're in uniforms? (I went to catholic, we had uniforms). If you did have uniforms, was she in one?

Could be a spirit. Private schools tend to be small and everyone knows EVERYONE.

Or it could just been some girl hanging out in the bathroom coughing
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I'm not sure why you saw this ghost. It seems lots of young people see ghosts and then find out from others they are people they knew before. Very strange...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: