You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Want to Peacefully Try to Go Down those Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

I Want to Peacefully Try to Go Down those Stairs

 

This happened to me here in poland a few months ago. It was on a saturday and I was coming down in my elevator to the front door to go out. (I live in a apartment complex). So I go out of the elevator and right next to me is this long flight of stairs. I'm about to touch the door when I hear the sound of footsteps going down the stairs. It sounded like sandals.

I turned around (I don't know why) to find no one was there. Now I have to say that it was 7 in the morning and where I live there's a bunch of old people and not many young people. Everybody sleeps this early on a saturday. Plus I heard footsteps going down I didn't imagine it. All I know is that when I turned around and saw no one there I just looked blankly at the stairs felt all creepy and then I don't know why, felt like I needed to get out of there quick.

So I ran out of the building. I never felt so scared. That isn't all really sometimes when I go down the stairs there I quickly go back up as if I'm really scared. I have tried to see if someone has died in my apartment complex but so far as I see I don't think anyone has.

Can someone help me here? I'm pretty lost and I want to peacefully try to go down those stairs. Also I don't want to look like a idiot in front of my friends again.

Other hauntings by Pangie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pangie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kkasher26 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
It definitely wasn't spirit you didn't see nothin you only heard footsteps... Come on anyone visiting might have been coming down stairs forgot something and went back upstairs
ilovearcher (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
it has to be spirits. Try telling them to go to the light, or to just go...
hanzrokz (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
It could be spirts lurking the place. People could have been living there in the 1800's.
P.S. I would be so scared if I were you
And your story could be belivable but it also couldn't. 😨
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Dear Pangie,

Dzien dobry, how are you? Sorry I do not really speak Polish. I wish to learn more about it though. It seems you have a residual haunting in hand. It is nothing to be worried about. I once lived in an apartment and I heard footsteps but I was always skeptical about it. But considering that apartments do have some history I am begining to think it was a residual haunting.

I advise that you keep cool and wear religous objects in order to protect yourself from any harm and most importantly be brave for some spirits or un human entities feed on fear.

Thank you for posting your frightening and terryfying story and sharing it with us. Keep us posted, if you don't mind. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
WaterxBlessings (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I'm not really sure, but try not to jump to any conclusions. First you need to make sure that there really wasn;t someone on those steps, maybe out of your veiw. I'm not saying it wasn't a ghost. I get really mad when people tell me itwas a misunderstanding on what I heard, saw, and felt. It's just you need to check possablities and recover what you know. Feeling the need to escape is somethin everyone does with fear (please don't think I'm sayong it was fear for ure like I said earlier it's ard to tell when it's someone else.)
The next time this happens, check the stairs, and say "hello" with no respones, then you've uncovered itwas probably a ghost. Now see I'm very weird, ghosts don't frighten me once I've adjusted to there activity (due to my neighborhood, whereeveryones got a ghost, as well as my old one) It just seems normal. Also, don't asume it's bad, if things get anyworse, try asking it to stop (mine listens when I say that). I'm not saying it will, but there's a chance. It could just be someone whos died walking around, kind of like you, minding there own buisness. Of course if it relizes it's frightening you, it may start to have fun with it. Even if it does start playing around like that, doesn't mean its bad. I know people who would joke around like that.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
Oh! I just remebered! I did some reading on Poland a few years ago that during the wars Poland was like a battlefeild. Maybe that's why weird stuff is going on?
crmanddkp (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
well I can't help you with this on that's amzingly scary. Have you talked to your friends about this if so do they believe you? If not then I really don't kow what to say I'm only 14 but have had some things happen to me and my friends don't really care about anything I say about paranormal stuff they think I just talk about just to have something to say! 🤔 but they don't really share me love for it! Good luck if I can think of anything I will let you know! 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Hello Pangie,
I would like to think that this is a residual haunting. I am just going by what I think I have read correctly here, and it sounds as if the sandaled footsteps were walking away from you. They were not in the same space you were in, you were in the elevator, and not on the stairs. In a residual haunting, there is no ghost present, it is just a recording of an even that has happened in the past.
It really does not sound as if it is trying to communicate anything to you. It sounds as if someone is merely going through life as it would have should it still HAVE it's life.
You say that you do not want to look like an idiot in front of your friends. Is there even a slight possibility that one or more of them have experienced anything there? I think I would nonchalantly ask them, without giving too much detail. You may be surprised by what they tell you.
Thank you.
littlelaura33 (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Thanks but a slightly wierd story but kind of believing. Thanks for sharing it.
ll33 xx 😁 ❤ ❤
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Obviously, something is going on because you all have seen things. Why there are periods of activity and then nothing for a while may mean its a visiting spirit. If your grandmother was attached to her home it's probably her. Also sounds like there may be more than one spirit. A friend of mine had 2 spirits in their apartment one was good the other was not. One appeared as a grayish white form while the malevolent one was black. The white one would be around most when someone in the family was sick. The black one tended to hang out in the long hallway that you had to enter to get into the living room from the front entrance. While the black one did startle people it didn't hurt anyone. They finally got a medium who came to the apartment and told them they indeed had 2 spirits and neither wanted to leave. They would find coins left on a dresser moved or a watch or ring left on a nightstand in one room would be on another table in another room. The clocks would be turned back or ahead all the time and the spirit would change the channels on the radio to classical music when we were listening to a rock station. It would get cold on a hot day in July in the living room and the curtains were known to blow around when there was no windows opened and no drafts happening. They stayed there for about 2yrs and got use to the activity. When I stayed there with my friend I would make her stay in the bathroom with me until I got my shower because you always felt like you were not alone in that place. I would say why is this clock 2 hours fast and her mom would say that darn spirit moved it again and I just fixed the right time a little while ago. They didn't seem to be too upset by it after they realized what it was and just didn't think much of it after a while but it would unnerve me to no end. 😳
Pangie (8 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
By the way for all you people once when I was waiting for the elevator I heard the sound of someone behind as if someone walked up behind I could literelly feel the prescence of someone. I turned around and guess what no one was there. Ever since I got to Poland weirder things have been happening here lol
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Hi Ohiowatha. You realy do know your history! We do have a "rich" history and there are a lot of haunted places as some say. But In Poland, more then 90% of people are christian. And in our belief it is not allowed to believe in ghosts that wonder the earth. Older people here would see a ghost and say they never saw anybody there. But the younger people have an opened mind and some do believe in the Paranormal. But usually they don't talk about it. Dont know why? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Hello, I just have to say... I'm mostly polish! So I'm really excited to see this. Anyways, maybe there was someone who died or was buried there in the area you live in.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
...o man, Poland is so full of horrific history... If it wasn't the Teutons, Goths, Huns or Germans from the west, it was the Slavs, Mongols, or Russians from the east. Poland has been battered by invaders for millenia. I'm SURE every kilometer of the country has a bloody story to tell.

My European friends don't even bat an eye at ghost stores because it's just accepted as more common over there. Ardent and presumed skepticism is really an American/New World thing, unfortunately for us. Somewhere along the way while propping up our gods of science, America lost its soul.
Pangie (8 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Actually JerseyGirl I live in Wrocław. Its a big city for me and in the townsquare there's this old church. My mom told me that a long time ago they used to hang people there. So I suppose the area I live in is slightly haunting. 😕
JerseyGirl (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Hello, Pangie. I'm just curious -- where in Poland do you live? Is it an area that was strongly affected by the horrors of the Second World War? Maybe the sound of your footsteps is residual from somebody fleeing from the Nazis? Just a thought...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Along with continuing your research, you must try to keep in mind that the only thing frightening you on the stairs is the unknown.

Have you had any additional experiences or heard any additional noises?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Hi Angelina. Glad that you returned. I think that there may have been a spirty that passed away there. My grandmother lives in a same building like the one you descibed. I rarely meet young peopl there. I believe that this is a residual haunting. Have you heard these steps a couple of times or was it this once. Ther is no reason of getting scared that fast. The mind can play tricks when we feel fear. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hgear from you soon and take care
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Someone does not have to have died int he apartmment to haunt it - it could hold memories for someone or could be from an earlier time before the partment complex was built.
May be worth researching the land before it was built up.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: