You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Own Experience of Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

My Own Experience of Paralysis

 

Last fall I moved to Poland with my parents into an apartment duplex. I adore horror movies and ghost stories but I never in my life experienced it actually until one night. (I have had some small ones but nothing big) It was a school night and I fell asleep around 10 or 9, sometime later I woke up, but the strangest thing, I was on my stomach, usually I sleep on my back. I knew I was awake I just knew but I couldn't move. Not one inch. It was the weirdest thing ever and what scared me more was it sounded like someone was pacing back and forth near my bed. Whoever he or she or even it was... just seemed to pace back and forth and muttering something.

I have no idea what. I felt like I couldn't breathe and I was slightly gasping. Then I sort of blacked out. When I fully awake I was able to get up but I sat up confused. Was it just a dream? I sort of shrugged my shoulders but I still felt creepy. It's been a year and nothing like that really happened and my duplex is new so it isn't haunted but was it just too much sleep?

My mom never comes too my room when I'm sleeping and neither does my dad I know them too well. I also have no siblings so if anyone had an experience like this can they comment please? Thank you.

Other hauntings by Pangie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pangie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PysicicSceneKid45 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Hey once again,
Im thinking an old hag, go to google or some search engine and type in 'Old Hag Dreams' basically what you have to do if this happens again is think about someone who is very close to you who has died, or if you have a guardian angel, think about what she looks like and ask them for protection, this hasent happened to me (touch wood) and I'm hoping it dosent, if I happens again and your on your back don't open your eyes, you might see something horrible you don't want to see, I think a deamon sent the hag, and the pacing you heard may have been a demon posing as a ghost.

Take Care! ❤
sunaina (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-24)
hii angelina...
i would like to share the same thing I experienced couple of months ago. One night I was sleeping and suddenly I woke up as I saw a bad dream and when I came to my senses I was still under the fear of the ghost dream that I saw. It made me as I am not able to move or say anything. Some one is choking me to death, sitting on top my chest and I m not able to shout. But this happened just for a while... But I know how dreadful that moment was for me... Thanks
jerdei (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-03)
What you experianced is not out of the norm. When you are in REM sleep your brain is cut off from the rest off your body. This is a normal part of the sleep cycle. Some times you wake up during this window. When that happens you are unable to move at all. Normally you go black and then wake up again right away. I only know this because it used to happen to me a few times a month when I was a teenager (10 years ago). The first few times it freaked me out big time. I thought I saw some shadows and creatures around. It's like a half dream half awake and you can not move. Most people have this happen to them a few times during their life. The best advise I can give is be ware of it when it happens. Consentrate on breathing only for a few seconds (seems like an hour) and then try to move one finger. A few seconds later your whole boday will feel numb and then you can move again.
ERIN (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-19)
I too have had experiances where I could not move, but the I remembe the most was when my ex-husband had his car accident. We lived out in the country and he had left to go to work and on his way he hit a coyote and it got caught under the car and jerked it into the other lane of traffic and he had a head on collison. I remember when I got the call they said what time it had happened and I kind of freaked out because I remember at that exact time I felt like someone was trying to suffocate me and there was no one home but me. But the other thing that freaked me out was my nephew, I was talking to my sister telling her what had happpened and my nephew who was three at the time and knew nothing about what was going on told my sister that my he is in room 4. My sister asked him who was in room 4 and he told her uncle Jeremy. Tell me that's not freaky 😨
jmj1987 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-19)
i would also like to say, I am religious, I was wearing a saint mary, I have a bracelett the says "God Strong" on it and I have a religious tattoo, and those three things were the first things that popped into my miind, I scrambled to put my hand on my necklace and it was all I couls do to reach it, and I started praying the lords prayer, and after a few minutes I could move again, I will leave a story and explain my full experience.
jmj1987 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-19)
crazily, almost the exact same thing happened to me... Two seperate times, both last night september 18th... Its the most scared I have ever been, I was seeing things and hearing things, the first time was in my room and the second time was in my parents room because the first time freaked me out, I went to sleep in there, and it happened again...
ghosthost (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-18)
In my opinion ghosts has no control over humans . I think that moreover it has to do with religion than anything else. Evil walks the earth and wants control over everything. Including humans. I've had the very same thing happen to me on 2 separate occasions. There is a battle being waged between good and evil every second of every day. Since I've been "saved" I haven't had any more occurrences. Not to say they wont. But I know that there is nothing more powerful than Gods dominion. Next time say "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus". If you cannot say it think it over and over. Also, avoid anybody in your life that may be a bad influence. Demons CAN "jump" from human to human. God bless and take care.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-18)
My friend has a ghost in his house and they're the first family to live in that house, When I told him he didn't believe me because it was a new house. As ChrisB Said that something could've happened on the land, or in the house that was there previously.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-18)
Hi Angelina.I'm from Poland to. I believe that even newly built house can be haunted. Some time before, there could have been a house there or somthing might have happened on that land long before anything was built. My house is kind of haunted to. I had a lot of wierd things going on in that house but it never happens often. Just Rarley. I think you should watch what's going on in your house for a while. I wathced my house a couple of years before I came to a conclusion. You shold read my story about my house. Strange things can happen to you in your house but you must have a open mind. I believe that someone was in your apartment. Maybe somone from your family who died? I hope you will be able to find out what is going on in your house. See you soon and take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: