You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma's Still Watching Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's Still Watching Over Me

 

India is blessed with certain traditions and customs. It has innumerous religions and castes unlike any foreign country. I belonged to the religion of Hindus and of Brahmins caste. Our caste is considered as high ranked caste. My father works as a main priest in the Shiva temple of Mahabaleshwar, in Andhra Pradesh. We are restricted to watch erotic pictures and other stuff. There was rule in our caste that if a person deserves to see or feel erotic, strictly speaking he will loose his religious characteristic and finally he should perform poojas and homas to relieve the sin.

I am a man of lust and I could not control myself.

One fine day when I returned home from school, I sprinted to my computer room and started watching some porn movies in my two door bedroom. I forgot to bolt the back door. My grandma without making any kind of noise came and saw me masturbating on the chair. As soon as she saw me she yelled like anything that everyone came to the room and scolded me and the day ended.

They never revealed what they had caught me doing to my father as I would loose my religious characteristic. Regardless I continued this twice a day.

My grandma died on 5th January 2009. So realizing the fact that she was not there anymore, I sprinted to the computer and bolted both the doors from inside so no one could come in. I opened the erotic videos.

After some 5-10 minutes my computer switched itself off. At first I thought this may be due to low power. I switched it back on and again it switched off but only when I kept the porn movies. The computer went off 4-5 times. Then I realized that my grandma was not dead and her soul was warning me.

This incident truly changed my life and never again have I watched erotic stuff. I got rid of all porn from my computer.

Other hauntings by scaryboy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scaryboy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
I am proud that you belongs to a great family background. Yes I also fell that your close one, it may your relatives or some supreme power always guiding you. This happen to me also, when I try to do something wrong some power changed my route from childhood.
Althachi (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
What I felt was not a story worth to read, also I haven't come across anything like Brahmins are not suppose to watch erotic things,etc... I might be wrong. 😢
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
okay for one, why would you ever try to watch a porn movie and stuff. That's gross. 😲

And... You do not know for sure if that was your grandma... It could have just been the computer malfunctioning... Mine does it a lot... It doesn't mean that it was a ghost.

No, I am not paying you back for saying that I am a fake... I'm just stating what I truley feel.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
well troyarn thankyou for your comments and what is that I get when when no one bothers you what is it I did not understand please say clearly? 😕
Scary boy
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Twice a day?!? Wow... That reminds me of myself... I mean, a "friend of mine"...when I was younger.

Internet porn, in the end, only gives you three things... What you got when no one was bothering you, viruses, and ghosts.

Thanks for the story Scaryboy!
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
surya I have already mentioned she died on 5th jan this month and even mentioned that I would loose my religious charecteristic so is she spying and she has that much love on me I love my grandma more than my parents and so she does thank you! 😐
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
when did you gran die if you don't mind me asking? I would have thought being Brahmin these puja's would have been preformed within the certain amount of days they are supposed to be performed in. As for Shanti, well one has to wonder why a Brahmin would be lingering around in the form of a ghost, especially spying on another member of family. 😕
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
hello blank! I even reported to my mom that grandma soul is in my room at first she laughed and when I pleaded and when I she found that it is correctly she said ok
What you said is absolutely correct because hindu mythology says that there is no shanthi until we perform another function famously called in india that "maashikam".every indian knows this isn't surya!
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
well devious angel
like how the foreign countries worship jesus in india we do for shiva and lots of them and even since we are next to gods caste we should not do such things! 1 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Sounds like grandma scared you straight. I don't know anything about your religion but with religion in general there is always guilt and shame. We should have respect for ourselves and others but this is what repression causes. Obsession. No disrespect to your religion. It was not my intent. This is just my opinion.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Surya his grandma passed away on the 5th of this month and the ceremonies are held after a period of time, so I needed to know if these experiences where before the ceremonies could commence. Now do you get why I popped out the question.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Atma, Shanti, pleeeeeeeeeese. You are seriously joking about asking the question you just did. You just asked a boy who has been bought up in a Brahmin family about customs to keep the spirit happy. Where are you coming from?
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
These are one hell of incidents happening to you. Her spirit might be over looking you, jokes apart. There are certain customs to keep the aathma shaanthi right. Are they all done. Dude I really need to know.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Wow, that's pretty harsh... It always surprises me when religions forbid any kind of sexual behavior outside of actual intercourse. I respect your religion and I won't say anything bad about it. I simply disagree. I personally think that people should be free to explore their sexuality so long as it doesn't hurt themselves or another.

Anyhow, I think your grandma is probably watching over you because she doesn't want you to be shamed or to suffer because of your religion.

Blessings,
DA
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
You know what gets me about your story,

"Our caste is considered as high ranked caste. We are restricted to watch erotic pictures and other stuff. There was rule in our caste that if a person deserves to see or feel erotic, strictly speaking he will loose his religious characteristic and finally he should perform poojas and homas to relieve the sin"

So how many Pooja's and homas's did your father have perform? As a Pandit, did He not have to cleanse himself in the Ganges.

You are a man of lust, aren't we all?

As for your grandmother keeping an eye on you, do you blame her after all you broke a Brahman's rule!

What gets me is these Brahmin priest and their families are so hypocritical, no disrespect to you scaryboy, but come on where did the Karma Sutra come from? SHIV JI maybe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: