You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Robert The Friendly Spook

Real Ghost Stories

Robert The Friendly Spook

 

About two or three years ago, a good six years after my family and I moved into this house, something decided our house looked cozy and welcome, and decided to join us. I like to call him Robert, though knowing my luck it's either a girl, or genderless.

Robert showed up in a flurry, tossing anything that was small and in reach at us whenever we passed by the kitchen. Only one ever made contact, and that was a spool of thread that hit my dad on the back of the head while he was making coffee.

Then things settled down and stopped moving, though we all started seeing things. It was always a tall, skinny black mass walking from the dining room to the kitchen, and only in that area. If one of us was alone in there, like when cooking, we would hear our name said behind us, or something ineligible whispered in our ear. Then it just died, and for almost a year it was only us again in the house.

Now outside our house, we have other 'things', I don't know what to call them. I've seen odd, creatures watching me from behind trees. They're very tall and skinny, and reddish brown colored, with cone-like horns on top of their heads, and pointed faces. So while Robert was off doing whatever it was ghosts did, I had fun trying to figure out just what those things were.

About half a year ago, things started acting up again in the house. It's now left the kitchen and is all over the house, mainly in the garage. My bedroom is against the wall of the garage, and I'm constantly hearing things tinkering in there, and at one point I heard a crash, like my dads entire rack of tools had fallen down. I took a peek, but everything was in order.

The most recent thing our spook has taken up is exercising on our stairs. I can hear it run down, stop, and then run back up. The cats will go sit at the bottom of the stairs and watch whatever it is, but when I take a look it all stops, though I can feel something watching me from the top of the stairs.

There are spookier things that have happened in this house, like something massive blocking my window, and something taking my legs and while I'm in bed and lifting me, but I'd rather share an amusing story about a spook, just to remind everyone they aren't all bad.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheMuffin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheMuffin (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Rookdygin: Yup, that's right! Smack dab in the middle of a eucalyptus/oak tree forest.

I always liked the idea that they're little imps and such running around out there, and I know at one time I had 'something' show me where a cat of mine who was, unfortunately, killed by something *bobcat, probably*. I don't know what it was, it might even have been my cat, but something led me straight to the body.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
TheMuffin,

You say on the edge of the forest... I take it you have a large piece of property with not many neighbors close by? The creatures in the forest may be some form of wood spirits (not actual ghosts) and while not evil they can be a bit mischevious.

Respectfully,

Rook
TheMuffin (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Scaryboy: The name just randomly popped into my head when my sister and I were talking about the ghost, and it just seemed to fit.

Surya: Not really in the garden, no, but out further in the forest, on the very edge of the garden/dog yard. Those things definitely don't feel as nice as what's indoors.

I'll let you all know as soon as we get something on film!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
I really enjoyed your story. You say you now sense things outside, is this in your garden? Why not try to take some pictures. I look forward to reading your next submission.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
a line to forgot to comment is
"is there any specific reason for naming it as robert?"
Like is there any friend of you with the name?
Scaryboy
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
i think you see casper the friendly ghost which inspired you entitle this way... Great story keep us posting
Scaryboy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: