You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Quick Trip To Mississippi

Real Ghost Stories

Quick Trip To Mississippi

 

I'm currently in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend whose serving in the U.S. Air force. It's hard being away from each other, and it really consumes my mind. I often find myself thinking about him at night when I'm trying to fall asleep (sappy, I know, but it's true and an important note to the story).

A few nights ago, (February 12, 2009), I was in a light state of sleep. I was drifting in and out hearing the television out in the living room and then silence. Suddenly I felt sort of electric. It was a weird feeling. The best way I can describe it is when your hair is static-y and you rub it close to another object and get that weird feeling as your hair moves.

I had my eyes closed while this was happening thinking I was falling asleep, but this new feeling baffled me and brought me out of whatever state of sleep I had been in. So I opened my eyes only to find I was not in my room but instead some place else. I'll assume it was my boyfriend's dormitory (I don't actually know what his room looks like since I've never seen pictures, but he claims my description is fairly accurate). It's a small room with enough space for two bunk bed tops and a desk beneath each of them (sort of like a dorm room in a college without as much decoration).

On the right bunk was my boyfriend twitching away in his sleep and on the other some unidentified male I think is his roommate.

My boyfriend is a violent twitcher when he sleeps (not in the sense that he punches or kicks), especially when he's having a particularly bad dream. Without thinking I reached out to grab his arm to wake him, but a heavy (not unpleasant, but most definitely uncomfortable) feeling overcame me and I closed my eyes starting to let go. Almost immediately I found myself back in my room with my alarm beeping at me proclaiming that it was 6:00 am.

I went through the week and all weekend thinking nothing of it until I got a call from my boyfriend claiming that he had the weirdest dream. He had been sleeping, dreaming about terrible things (I've been asked not to post specifics so please don't ask) when he woke out of his sleep to see me standing there looking at him. He blinked and I had sort of faded away, so he just assumed it was a remnant of his dream.

Either this was my first out-of-body experience/astral project or we both managed to have a surprisingly similarly placed dreams.

Comments and theories are welcome.

Other hauntings by DPez

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DPez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Tonith: thanks for the comment
I agree; the only reason I bring up dreams as a possibility is because what I experienced seems different than other OBE experiences I've read about.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
I would say an obe too being that he also saw you. It may have just happened naturally on your part because of your concern for him. Why it happens is the mystery.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Thank you both Troyarn and Nightghost for your comments. I'll be sure to relate some more experiences here on YGS, Nightghost 😊
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
That's a fascinating story. It could be that the two of you have that strong of a connection that even in dreams you're connecting on the same brain wave. 😆 I don't believe in OBE or in reincarnation so I have to lean towards the logical. The brain is a very powerful thing! Post more stories please if you have some. 😊
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
I'm not sure what to make of this, but I'll lean toward an OBE. It seems the two of you have a great bond and I hope nothing breaks it. Thanks for sharing.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Izanne: thank you for the comment 😊
I'll be certain to alert the readers of YGS if it happens again

KimSouthO: thank you for taking the time to comment
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Regardless of this being astral projection or a dream, it is wonderful the bond an connection you to have brought you together if only for a moment.

Thanks for taing time to share with us!

God Bless!
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
woah! That was a cool story!
I'd say that was an out of body experience, I mean, what are the chances that you could have the same dream at the same time?
Let us know if it happens again😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: