You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dark Angel

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Angel

 

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a Dark or Black Angel?

Last May my neighbour aged 80 shot himself to death in his shed. He had bad Vertigo, and just decided to take his own life.

My 4 year old son could see the shed from the front door, and window. My Son said that he saw a Dark Angel take my friend/neighbour from the shed.

Later that day, my Daughter (age 4-twin of my Son who could hardly speak), as we were backing out of the driveway said "Bye Joe, bye Joe", and she was waving towards our house. How could a Black or Dark Angel take him out of the shed, but then he was under our carport at the door a couple of hours later?

This older man was a good friend of ours, and always worried about us, as I am raising three small children by myself, and was going through a bad divorce. This older Man would never go to the store without getting my children grapes, cheese crackers, ice cream, and Bananas.

Everyone in the neighbourhood misses him so very much. I just wish I knew who this Angel was that took him away, and what that meant.

I am just looking for an answer, to know what happened to him.

This older man claimed he was a liberal, without much religion, but who knows, he may have made his peace with God in his last moments.

Has anyone heard of this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, patricial, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-10-13)
marrie22 - keep in mind we have many religions, cultures, etc represented here. Not everyone believes the way you do.
marrie22 (6 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-10-13)
It was said its bad to take your life. Taking your life is a sin. And you can go to hell or a bad place you might not like. A dark shadow or dark angel is a bad sign of evil. Maybe his soul was cast in the darkest forever or maybe god forgave him for his sin... You (we) will never know until its our turn to go... 😨
Laohg (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
it was a Death Reaper (an Angel of death/Death's slave/a Death God)
named Blood Shed (Note: His name is pronounced as bloodshed).
Suicide and Murder are the names of two of his Reaping Weapons
(Note: a Reaping Weapon is a Spirit that can turn into any weapon).
vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
im just going to say this we are raised in a form of religon that somehow fits us. Some more strict than others, black is not always evil or good, but as for suicides go I was led to think kill myself I loose my rights to heaven. Because it takes gods plan away from him, my thing is how can you or I say that his suicide was not gods plan for him? How or when we die was written by god before we were born! Sad fact is we all pray for peaceful and painless death but its not the way its written... Ask your kids they may tell you things you as a mom needs to know j/s 😐 ❤
Zeo (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
[at] Rozalin

A Demon can't be everything the "biblical Angel" is not, because according to the Bible as far as I'm aware, a Demon is generally a Fallen Angel? Or am I wrong here?

**NOTE**: I did not pay much attention in class.

Interesting story though, thanks for posting~

Zeo
Rozalin (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
How exactly do we define a 'Dark Angel'?
The only information we have on Angels as a whole, is bible-based, I believe.

Therefore, surely a Dark Angel would be everything the Biblical Angel is not, therefore... A Demon? I guess?

Sorry my post wasn't helpful, I'm just rather curious here.
Good story though, very interesting.

Lea. <3
Alex101 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
Personally, I have a lot of experience with dark angels and I can offer you plenty of answers, so email me if you do need answers. 😁
patricial (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
I cannot thank you all enough, WOW, what wonderful insite, and theory. I am more at peace now.
SethOfTheRich (10 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
A good friend of mine actually had a black angel following him around for about a year, he told me every day it would be everywhere he was.
After this year was up, she was killed in a car accident while crossing the street. Stupid European drivers I guess.
But still I think they could lie in wait for you to die.
patricial (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
WOW, I just checked the comments for the events that took place with my neighbor, and I cannot believe the response. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. My little girl did see Joe as a spirit, and my little boy did see Joe's Angel as dark in color to him. You have made me see clear about Joe's Death Angel.
Thanks again ❤
cthullu (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Wow.My brother said I have a dark angel following me around everywhere I'm afraid of moving now.
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
I think you should believe your children. Children have a gift in which they see things and tell things like it is. They don't let other's perceptions, or their concept of reality interfere with what they see/hear/or feel. They see things and say what they saw.

I was one of these kids also, no one ever believed me, but I knew of the experiences I had. As I got older, people told me they couldn't see anything or feel anything, so I began to ignore these things, and somehow, when I became an adult, I could almost turn off or block experiences, which may or may not be a good thing.

Anyways, when people die, either violently or peacefully, there is a aura or feeling around them. I'm a physician and have witnessed this many times with dying patients, or those that aren't critically ill and die. I've had conversations with patients doing seemingly well in the am, and them stating that they see someone in the corner of the room watching them. The few times patients have confided this to me, they said they feel it's a peaceful presence. To make a long story short, some of these patients die a short time later. Can I explain it? No I'm a firm Catholic, and my faith helps me explain what science cannot.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
PatriciaL--With all the interpretations of what a dark angel might be, you never actually tell us if you asked your son to describe in his own terms what he saw. You say only that he used that phrase.
The variety of comments on your story show how diverse we are in how we define terms and attribute purpose and value to them. It's like asking us all to define "blue."
Your loss and concern for your children and your friend do you honor. I believe most Christian faiths decree that suicide is murder--of the self (or more strictly, of the self's body), and therefore a sin against God (in that it attempts to negate His/Her creation of us). As I go through life, however, I'm not so certain that God did not make a certain amount of people to BE suicides. I'm not saying it doesn't involve suffering, but pain exists in God's world, too, doesn't it, and doesn't it serve the purpose of indicating something is "wrong," that is "not in harmony"? Is that a sin? In my opinion, we all might rethink our ethics and morality, including the facts and fates of suicides.
What was important here was the love generated by this fellow, a love your children remember by your daughter's gentle farewell.
Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
I don't think, according to my catholic faith, a person would have a secure connection with God, then commit suicide. Suicides are against the ten commandments. Anyhow, I consider the fact that they are just kids and all, but there have been many cases where children have suspected paranormal activities and no one ever believed them because of course, they're "just kids". Where would a 4 year old come up with "it's a dark angel taking away our neighbor", unless they've been watching to many cartoons. Well, I hope my vague advice can help in some way, haha. Take care!
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
Hello patricial! Welcome to YGS community. It's sad to hear to loss someone that became at least a part of your family especially with the kids. I extend my sincere condolences for Joe. Well, as for the kids, I'm only thinking of 1 thing: Kids tend to be more sensitive to paranormal things for they are Pure of Heart and Mind-not yet tainted with the real world. For that dark angel, well, maybe that's what they can only manifest as to what your child saw as a dark one. But let's face it-if someone commits suicide, murder or other sorts that are against human nature and violence, something dark is at work here. Your soul ends up in purgatory or to say the least, roam the world of living not for eternity but until you clear your state of salvation yet sometimes be on a mission to cleanse yourself so that you can go at peace. Have you tried going to Joe's house and blessed it? You know sometimes this helps to make the spirit of Joe at peace. And believe me a lot of changes will also takes place if you'll just do this. Try to picture the front of Joe's house like in the morning, then have the house blessed and take another picture of the house like after a week or so on the same time like the first. You will see a huge difference on the aura of the house. Also pray for Joe to be at peace. Well, I hope you can share more of your stories here with us.

Regards,

JAM
monkey (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Well, since I can, I'm going to give you my take on this. KimSouthO said "Just because an entity (or in this case perhaps an angel) shows dark in color DOES NOT always mean they are dark in nature.", and I believe this to be true as well. Depending on your religion, or lack thereof, the catholic church says "it is a traditional belief that every person has their own particular angel". It also says that "Angels are not seperated from us after death, but remain with us in heaven, not to help us attain salvation, but to enlighten us with their angelic ministry." Perhaps the "angel" was there to guide his friend to the afterlife.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
ghostboy001,

Ummm 4 year olds are not inclined to lie, nor do they tend to make things up.

I've heard and read experiences that sometimes describe the 'Angel of Death' as a dark or 'black' angel. The color does not always indicate 'evil'.

This 'dark angel' could have escourted his poor soul to the 'Gates' and because he had taken his own life perhaps his spirit was returned so that he could 'redeem' himself of taking his own life.

Or the child that was saying goodbye was doing just that, giving the man a final goodbye... Did your daughter say she 'saw' your neighbor or did she just say good bye to him?

Children often sense/see things from the otherside way more than adults, they are still close to the veil that seperates the spirit world from the physical world.

Respectfully,

Rook
Angelaandmaxthedragon (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
I am going to put this in because the ones that state the children maybe lying. Have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Children are able to see the dead/nonliving/demons/angels/ whatever you want to call them. So your children are not lying. My whole life I have studied as much as I can about the dead and who has abilities to see or hear them. And in my family a lot of us have the ability. But mostly the children of our family have the ability. As for the dark angel this could be one of two things. One an angel for Satan cause (of christian belief.) of him taking his own life and playing God. Or two (Black - Dramatic, committed, serious. Mysterious, containing potentials, restful or fearful. In the meaning of Wicca/ nature followers/ etc.) the angel works for the better good and he was there to help aid your friend home (I am hoping for this one.) ❤ PEACE BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. (single mother I understand that I am there all the way.)
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
First off, that poor man must have had terrible vertigo to end his life over it, perhaps he was depressed as well. Maybe when he passed his fragile state of being was so low that only something darker (in brilliance) could approach it and sooth it. I don't really believe in dark entities stealing suicides away and taking them to Hell, but perhaps a subdued spirit of similar disposition helping him transition. I know it sounds far fetched just a thought, and at least its positive! ❤
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Excuse me but did you see this "dark angel" and I do not believe there is a "dark angel" at least according to my religon. The kids might be joking and you got sucked into it
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Okay, I have breifly read a few of the other comments posted here, so I am going to throw my two cents in...

Just because an entity (or in this case perhaps an angel) shows dark in color DOES NOT always mean they are dark in nature. What I mean is, it doesn't always mean they are evil. It takes much energy to maifest and perhaps this is the only form it was able to take. There are shadows that are not all bad or dark.

As far as the comment about the children lying... Well for YEARS AND YEARS my parents and others I trusted told me I was lying. I was told this at school as well and often punished for telling tall tales. The things I saw and heard were as real then as they are now. If you know your children well, and I am certain you know them better than anyone else, DO NOT take this as a lie or a fib. Let them tell you what they saw and see, let them express themselves to you. I am certain they to are heart broken over the loss of your dear friend. You, as their mother, will know if they begin to tell tall tales. Remember, it is often easier for a child to see and hear these things because they are not yet brain washed (for lack of a better term) into knowing what is and is not considered normal. I am sure if you read my psts on this site, I would be considered to be extremely abnormal, but... None the less, these accounts of my life happenings are true, as I am surte your childrens are.

I am sure that you do not need a lecture, and I aologize if it sounded as if I was giving one, I just want you to know, there are those of us who know that these things exist and that things are not always as they seem or appear to be.

God Bless!
Kayla1996 (6 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
well to tell you I mean its two little kids they could be lying but if so

It could be a demon taking a spirts shape ❤
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Patricia, how sad! This man was obviously of some comfort to you and your family, and I am sorry to hear of his pain and your loss. I won't hazard a guess about the "after" of a suicide, but I can relate a little story of my own about angels, which may be relevant.

My friend, Jeff, succumbed to cancer several years ago. During his final week, a pastor came to visit him and his family. She (the pastor) remarked to Jeff's wife that, when she drove into their driveway, she knew Jeff was still alive because she saw an angel sitting on their rooftop, waiting. She also visited shortly -- minutes -- after Jeff had died, and she said that she'd known Jeff was gone because the angel had left.

It seems to suggest to me that there are angels present when we die or are dying. I'd like to think that they're there to guide us "home" ("to the light," whatever); but I suppose it's just as possible that this "dark" angel may have been there to goad your neighbor into committing suicide. Kind of an icky thought, hm?

Anyway, I hope that Joe's soul is at peace; but I shouldn't be surprised if he does check up on you, once in a while.

Blessings,
L.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Interesting story, if he killed himself of course there is going to be darkness around aka dark angels ext. Just because the dark angel 'took' him away doesn't mean he took him anywhere. Just that he came because of the horrible incident. The man will probably hang around on earth until he's made his peace with god. Just because he may have before he died, the act itself doesn't lift the burden. Thanks for sharing!
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
I suppose it is conceivable that a fallen angel (a demon) would be inclined to take the shape of a dark angel.

I used to not believe in the simplistic concept of Hell as a place souls can go, but things that I have read and seen first hand have made me change my mind on that.

It is my understanding that there is a consequence of debt (a finite amount of time in Hell) involved for someone who takes their own life. That would dovetail with the sighting of a demon (dark angel) at the site of the suicide.

Also, I do not think that time is as linear in the afterlife or spirit world as it is for us in our physical world. I think it is possible for spirit related things (if they appear to us at all) to appear to us out of sequence.

Sorry to hear that your neighbor did this to himself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: