You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Labrador Ghost Dog

Real Ghost Stories

The Labrador Ghost Dog

 

This happened to me on the Beach at Seaton Crew Nr Hartlepool England.

It was early May last year around 7:30am. I was taking my Collie Suzy for her early morning walk. The beach was pretty quiet at that time of day just a few other dog walkers in the distance, Suzy was off her leash and sniffing around about 20yds ahead of me. All of a sudden I heard a strange kind of whooshing noise behind me I turned to see a Golden Labrador bounding towards us carrying a large stick in its mouth. It bounded past me towards Suzy who seemed oblivious to the Labrador, which was strange as she's usually playful with other dogs. The Labrador then came up to me, I was patting and making a fuss of it and noticed what a beautiful dog it was.

I looked around to see if its owner was anywhere nearby but it seemed to be on its own. At this point it dropped the stick for me to throw it so I obliged and threw the stick 30 or 40 ft from me. The Labrador bounded after it picked up the stick in its mouth and disappeared into thin air. I was of course taken aback by what had happened and still not believing what I'd just witnessed and promptly left the Beach.

I haven't seen the Labrador again since that day last May. I talk to other Dog Walkers who regularly use the same area of Beach and none of them have experienced the Phantom Dog.

Was it a Phantom dog or was it some sort of Time slip I'd witnessed?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bluepool, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Well good to see such mature and valid comments posted.

Anyway: to the OP, what do you think? Do you think it was real? Or... Something else.

Honestly my gut tells me it was a real dog that took off. But to each his own
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
I like doggies I LIKE DOGGIES I LIKE DOGGIES I LIKE DOGGIES I LIKE DOGGIES
ilovearcher (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
it must have been a dog who possibly died in the area. The truth is, pets don't move into the after life, they stay on earth, and this dog was just following his ghost routine. (something a ghost/spirit does everyday)
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Well, I'm not english but from what I understand phantom black dog sightings are not uncommon there. But, most of the one's I've read about are more aggresive than this one.
Thanks for sharing, I really liked this story.
Bluepool (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
To nmg5789 I did think the the Dog was a living animal it seemed normal as I patted and fussed it, and of course the stick I threw for it seemed solid enough, as I said it was a beautiful Dog and obviously well cared for.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
good job it wasn't a big black dog, like the legend of "Black Shuck" that's supposed to roam the beaches of England. I think that's just a Norfolk thing though, if you don't know it I'd seriously recommend looking it up, its really interesting... But I digress
Great story, really sweet.
Thanks for sharing 😊
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Hrm. I doubt this was a time slip, unless you fainted and there was nobody intelligent enough to call an ambulance. You're pretty lucky though. Animal hauntings are usually pretty rare, since there is usually nothing tying an animal down to Earth. Maybe that dog has moved on, and was just waiting for someone to play with it before it left.
cokey (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
such a sweet dog! I agree with nmg5789, probably the owner of that dog used to walk him to that place that's why the dog is used to play in that place.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
when the dog came up to you and you said you were patting it... Did it feel like it was a living breath dog? Could you feel its fur and stuff?

Maybe it was a dog that passed away and its owners took it there often to play so it has an attachment there
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Interest story most be a ghost dog you may had seen it and you know I had some pets go off and get kill by a cars I hate that I get upset when I see a dead pet on side of the road. It may had been that happen to that one you seen it or something eles. Thanks for the story that I like it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: