You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Looking For Someone To Relate To

Real Ghost Stories

Looking For Someone To Relate To

 

I'm 17 years old and ever since I was little I have been able to see and feel ghosts or whatever they are that visit me.

I'm going to concentrate on family for this story though!

I will write about my other visitors another time)

I have always had an open mind about what I experience and none of my family believes me... And my friends think I'm mad!

So here I go!

I have always seen dark shadows and relatives that have past since I was a baby it used to freak my mum out a lot when I told her that there was an old lady sitting in the corner and that great granddad has come to visit (he died a couple years after I was born).

My great granddad loved me dearly and he has never really left my side...

My grandma past away a few years ago and the day before she died she told me she would always be looking after me. I see her in my dreams and have seen her in my granddads house a few times. She also strokes my head when I'm going to sleep (at my granddads house) and sometimes feel like I have been kissed or hugged.

I know it's her because I can sense it's her and smell her (hope that doesn't sound mad!)

Has anyone else felt like his before? Or has the same experiences as me?

Thank you everybody! (I hope I don't sound mad!)

Other hauntings by xXelliemayXx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXelliemayXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
XellieMay - Go into my profile for one and look at my stories, you are not the only one that experienced this, you are not mad! 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Trixy17: Well, you haven't read the "Comments Guidelines"...Or you're ignoring them...You're only 11 years old... The guidelines state you MUST be at least 13 to comment...
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
hmward09,
I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather.
I really do understands how it feels to get so close and ten loose someone...

I felt excatly the same when I first posted on this site. I would like to read your stories and ill post on your story.
Feel free to email me if you would rather talk more privately about your experiences
hmward09 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
xXelliemayXx, I just came across this site yesterday and felt that maybe it would be able to help me better understand what happens to me. Ever since I was little I have been able to see and feel ghosts/spirits. My best friend can also do it which is why (I think) we are so close and we get along so well. There's a story on my profile about something that happened to me while I was with her. It doesn't have much detail because I was too scared to share much more than that thinking people will call me a freak. I will add more stories of things that I have happened to me if you would like to read them.

But to your question:Has anyone felt/experienced something like this before? My grandfather died of cancer when I was 9 years old. I was extremely close to my grandfather. At the time I didn't really understand what was going on. When I walked into the funeral home at his viewing I was walking to his casket. I was walking behind everyone else because I didn't want to accept the fact that he was really gone. When I saw him lying there I burst into tears and ran out. I was sitting in a break room on a couch when I felt someone puts their arms around me. My grandfather used to do that. He would pull me onto his lap and we would sit there watching tv. No one has ever done that except him. I know it was him because I instantly felt that he was ok and that he would be watching me and keeping me safe.

I always thought I was a freak because I never knew so many people were the same as I am. It's calming to know that there are other people who know what I go through.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
lady_bug,
Thankyou for commenting...
I must say I too was like you to begin with... I wanted proof.
To show everybody that I was telling them the truth...
But I must say that as time went on I began to think well obviously they just can't handle the thought of me being able to see something they can't understand...
We have a gift and to be honest I'm now glad.
Dont get me wrong it comes with its flaws but I kind of like seeing my grandma from time to time now... Makes me feel asif I have her watching over me 😁
That in itself makes me think well who cares I know what I'm going through not them... I don't need there approval if they don't trust me and atleast try to understand.
Thankyou so much x
xXelliemayXx ❤ ❤
lady_bug (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
My dad passed away when I was a teen back in 1991... Till this day from time to time I can still smell his scent. He use to be a mechanic so he would coming home smelling like grease, oil, e.t.c...the smell I get is faint, but no explanation of where the smell is coming from. I am sort of a 3rd eye/medium person... Not sure how to explain it, & some people think I am crazy. People that haven't been through something like this don't understand so they pass it off as crazy. For years I have always wanted to get pictures, or video for proof... I do have one picture I will have to post, & tell the story behind it... I will try to do that when I get some free time.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
thankyou everyone for your kindness and comments.
I greatly appreciate them all
Thankyou
xXelliemayXx ❤ ❤ ❤
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
it is so easy when you start having paranormal experiences to think yourself mad or crazy; I've been there and sometimes still wonder...it's because the majority of people don't want to believe in our experiences or something...I'm just glad my wife is so supportive and believes what I tell her of my experiences (it helped that a black shadow visited our house and made sure she noticed it of course!)...sites like these are great for helping keep your sanity safe and being able to share and learn, so thank you for your experience, it is indeed greatly interesting! Good luck with future visions and learning how to use your gift!:)
broken_heart (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
i completely relate to what your saying. The only dif. Is that I haven't been able to see my family members in real life but I have definately been able to sence them and I do see brief glances of them but that's it. In my dreams I see and talk to them alot. It hasnt always just been my family members though its also been a lot of just white figures and black figures but I haven't been able to the faces its always just a body shadowed black or white. I have been able to feel a lot of things also. Just so you know your definately not alone. Its a gift that a lot of people share its just realy rare to find these people. Hehe 😊 good luck with everything that happens and know that you have this gift for a reason. ❤
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
i have this. As I may call it gift... To. I have seen 4 ghosts... So far... In it actualy runs trough my mothers side of the family... She told me about those ghosts she saw... And a year since my brother died... And I saw him... In my room afew times its 4 years since hes death now... I was 12 when he... Died he just wanted to let me know he will always be with me
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
I see my grampa all the time. She's just checking up on you. And letting you know that she is there for you always.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
awww thanks guys your being so supportive!
Im glad there are other people out there that have the same experiences as me 😁
Kuehnau... Even before I read this site I have seen ghosts/spirits around me... I just never took notice... Now I just think they need help or something... I do remember most of the things that happened... But my mum has told me a few

Starangel id love to talk to you more about your experiences!
my msn addy is Elle--666 [at] hotmail.com
(excuse the numbers! My brother did it when I was like 12! And I haven't got round to making another!) 😐

Angelandmaxthedragon - really its stopped? It got stronger with me as I grew up... Saying that I have sometimes sat in the dark talking to her at my grandads house whenever I had a problem... Shes knows she doesn't scare me at all so she stuck around... Me and my grandma have always been true believers in the paranormal.

Hazardsyndrome - yeah I do feel comfortable with it... Doesn't really bother me at all... Its all I have known after all!

Thanks for posting everyone! 😁
Angelaandmaxthedragon (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
I can't relate fully to what you are saying but my grandfather passed a month before I was born and to honor he my parents named me his favorite name Elizabeth. As I grow I would see he in different forms like him in his army uniform at the age of 21 of in his older year form with a suit on. And I can say when life starts to feel hard or I need a recursions I always feel a strong hand grip my shoulder for a second. I don't see him much anymore just that strong grip o my shoulder.
starangel (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Don't worry, you're not mad. I can definitely relate to your experience. I lost my father over 5 years ago, and I used to be able to feel him hugging me. I've also dreamt of him after I've been wracking my brain with a problem only he could answer. And the smell thing is all too familiar, both my mother and I smell him from time to time...
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
It is a nice story and it is fully believable. I myself believe that our loved ones visit us from time to time to check up on us and see how we are doing.

As far as being a baby and seeing these things, is this something that you can remember yourself, or is that a story recounted to you by a family member? I myself find it hard to remember things from such a long time past.

It is good that you are embracing your gift, but it is also a good idea to keep a bit of the skeptic packed in the back somewhere. If you don't you are going to be seeing ghosts everywhere, even when they aren't. The human mind is a very complex organ and is easily manipulated to cause a wide variety of emotions. Like you said, you've noticed more simply from reading this site, which could mean you have simply let the stories from this site sway your opinion and your views on the world around you. Every once and awhile I will read a story and it will give me the willies or the chills, and even recounting my own stories, can on occasion upset me or even bring back old feelings of being watched, that doesn't mean it is always the case.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Thanks for sharing. I agree totally with hazzardsyndrome & Tonith...!

Logan
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
aww thanks guys! I think just because my family think I'm mad I'm starting to think it tooo! 😆
Sqweeky1297 its nice to know that your like me!
It doesn't freak me out because its still my family!
but since I have been reading this sight I have become more open and I'm starting too see more around me... And it isn't family! 😐
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Of course you are not mad, you are gifted. Sounds like this doesn't freak you out and if it does for others, that's their problem. I don't know what it is to have this kind of gift so I can't relate but I think you are handling it well. It would be nice to have some family support but this site will be your support system. I would love to hear all about your encounters. Thanks for sharing.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
think of it as a gift, perhaps research ways into chanelling it so you can use it in a more controlled and precise way. Do you feel its something you'd want to live with? Being able to contact directly, perhaps help spirits.
Maybe talking to a seer or medium might help 😊
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
No! Your not CRAZY! I have had that happen to me at least 5 times already and no one believes me not even my mom's boy friends youngest son (who isn't very older then me and I'm 12.) And I thought that I was crazy but I know that I'm not now!
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
From what I understand this isn't unheard of. Personally it's never happened to me, but I'm sure if you ask around you'll find someone who it has.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
No you don't sound mad you not the only one have this problem that a nice story and I do enjoy read it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: