You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Life Is Full Of Surprises

Real Ghost Stories

Life Is Full Of Surprises

 

This was some years back, about 3 to be accurate.

I have always had dreams that have some truth to them. Only the truth is realized usually later on but not on this night.

I was asleep and dreaming, although I could have sworn I was awake when I dreaming.

I dreamt I was standing in a wide open space with lots of people gathered around. The grass looked freshly cut. Blue and red lights were flashing. Police officers were telling me and everyone else to stand back. I remember feeling extremely anxious about that. Like this was more to me and there was something going on that would personally affect me. I remember smelling the earth like the ground had been freshly torn up. I could hear a policeman say, he had bounced out of the yard and landed... A helicopter drowned out what the officer was saying... Then I woke up. I was frightened and shaken because the dream was so real. I could still smell the dirt, even though I was awake.

I couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up and went into my front room and logged onto my computer hoping to get my mind off that dream and get sleepy again, which wasn't working because the dream was so real.

About an hour later at about 1 pm my mom called and informed me my nephew had been in a bad accident and had been airlifted out from the scene of the wreck.

I later found out that he had been thrown from the car and into someone's yard and had somehow bounced back out into the road.

Later I went to where he had wrecked. The earth had been torn up during the wreck. The yard that he had originally landed in was very familiar.

Other hauntings by DixieChick101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DixieChick101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Seth of the Rich,

I really don't feel I was put in my nephew's body. I have been known to have dreams all my life that has more then a tinge of truth to it. But none so accurate.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
djea vu (sorry if its misspelled) but so odd how that happened so accuratly but then again that is what deje vu is.
SethOfTheRich (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
It is very interesting that you were put in another person's body and could see what is happening to them. I wonder what the other person was feeling and thinking?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
I think having dreams like this just shows how close of a bond you have with a certain person. As for dreams that have truth, all dreams have a truth to them!
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Verleus, I have those kinds of dreams too. All though my dreams are always of horrible things to happen.
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
hey,i also have had the same sort of phenomena happening with me... Though I don't dream about some important incident, I sometimes dream to be in a situation or location and end up being there. I think this is some psychic capability... I had often dreamt about something like a garden before some years, and then wetook a new house which had exactly the same garden. I was astonished, but didn't tell this to anyone

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: