You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Brother Visited Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother Visited Me

 

My brother died 2-26-08. (He was paralyzed) After I got through the funeral of course I missed him. How could I not? But there was also the intense desire just to hear his voice again. It was like that for all of us in the family. So I checked my answering machine

and my parents' answering machine just hoping one of us had his voice on it. But no he wasn't on either or anyone else's in the family. Ever since he died even now there isn't a day that goes by when I don't think of him. I use to at first hope when I was going to bed, to at least dream about him. But after a while I gave up even on that.

I guess my brother had been gone 6 months. When after having given up on dreaming about him, I dreamt about him two nights in a row.

The first night I dreamt I had a picture of him standing in a field

full of long grass. He was standing in the field staring straight ahead (not at who ever was taking the picture). There was an old wooden windmill, off to his right, behind him. That was it, nothing more, nothing less. Just that.

The very next night I dreamt that I had a copper box. Almost like the one I had made and given to my brother the previous Christmas, with which he was so thrilled to get. It was something he could really use, keeping his little odd and ends in (comb, nail clippers, calling cards etc) and close to him. He had told me it was his favourite present. Anyways, I dreamt I opened this box and there was a picture of my brother in the box. The picture was wrapped in this almost clear, white, shiny material, which made it look like he had wings. In the picture, he was standing staring ahead (almost like he was in the sky) with the blue sky in the background, and clouds. I looked at the picture and said out aloud, " Is that it? Is that all there is?" Then I heard my brother say my name and " I'm standing."

That is all there was to that dream I woke up. I know he visited me, while I was asleep and came to me in a dream. I don't wonder if it was just a dream. I know it was him. I know he is fine. I believe my

brother is walking and standing again.

I just wanted to share this story. In hopes that it will help someone else who has lost someone and is feeling the pain of that loss. Because you just don't know when they may show up, to let you know. 'Hey, I am Okay. '

Other hauntings by DixieChick101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DixieChick101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
I'm not quite sure how I even came about reading your entry, but I'm glad I did. My father passed when I was only 14, and it hurt more than anything I've yet to experience in this life. He was having a heart attack in the car, while driving me home from school (I called and asked him to pick me up early that day for unknown reasons.) It was absolutely terrible, how much I missed him. I even dialed his cell phone several times just to hear his answering machine. Anyway, your story struck a cord with me because he too, although perfectly healthy, began saying "he's ready to go," days before he passed. He was very religious, and knew he was destined to meet the Lord, as his duty was complete on earth. It's been over a decade and all I've experienced were maybe a handful of dreams. Although quite beautiful and comforting, when I awake from those dreams, I am left with a feeling of utter despair. For mere moments, I feel as though he is still alive; then reality hits and it's almost as though I'm mourning all over again. My prayers are with you.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Dixie--what a lovely story. I, too, have experienced dreams of my deceased loved ones and it is very comforting. I'm so glad he let you know he can walk again and is doing OK. I'm sure he will watch over you now. Watch for something special, a song, an animal, a walkway... Something that will make you feel connected to him. It will be his way of saying "I love you".
God Bless,
Byluyster
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Thank you to everyone who has read and commented on this story. Some people might question whether it was really him or not. That is okay. I KNOW it was him. My sister has dreamed of him also and like my dream. He was standing. He was not in a bed or in a wheelchair, as he was in the last years of his life.
I do know he is fine. Before he died he use to tell me. He was ready to go. He knew where he was going. He use to tell me, when he went. Not to stand at his grave and cry. So I knew before I dreamed this. He was okay. I just missed him terribly.
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
btw take care and much love always know he will be there for you and your familie tough sometimes your relatives just don't know it ❤ ❤ ❤
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
hey. Its good story. My brother visited me to afew times when he died... 4 years ago. And when I see a bright light in the sky... I know its him watching over me.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Dixie

I'm glad you were able to share this story. You're totally right. You never know when a loved one is going to "stop by". It's comforting and really can make your day.
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Oh that's so sweet. Maybe he was trying to tell you, or, maybe its just your subconcious tring to convince yourself he is fine. I am sure he is in a happier place. 😁 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: