You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Kids In The Waterhole

Real Ghost Stories

The Kids In The Waterhole

 

I live on a little twenty four acre property in the mountains in Queensland. The terrain is mostly farmland and rainforest. Running through my property are a number of creeks and waterholes and I often go swimming and exploring with my friends and we have a great time out there but most trips end up with us running home for our lives as an eerie silence descends on the bush when ever the sun goes behind the clouds.

It's not just us kids who feel it though I have never really brought it up with an adult but I have seen people have shivers run through their body on a hot day. There is a constant presence out there that causes the cows to be much scrawnier than there counterparts on the other side of the creek and I swear that every time we go in the water it just a little harder to get out again.

On one instance my friend and I were going for a swim when I casually looked down and was staring down for about a minute before my friends came and snapped me out of it but whenever I remember that experience there is always the outline of two kids looking back out of the water at me when I voiced it my friend the sun went behind a cloud and the cicadas stopped singing (I know that sounds corny) and we were overwhelmed by the presence of something watching us. The next thing we know is there was adrenaline pumping through our veins and we were sprinting for our lives back up too the house. Apart from the cows we were the only living things on the farm who dares to go anywhere near the water. And when we do go in, it is thick and makes it hard to swim and we never have trouble imagining ghostly arms reaching up for us out of the water.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kwilk71, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SethOfTheRich (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
Quite interesting! I believe people could definitely have died in that water hole, and if you were underwater seeing that then it could be a freak experience seeing things. Thanks for posting, hope to hear from you again soon
zacksawyer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
that is creepy, add to the fact that your gazzillions of miles from nowhere. 😳
Moya (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
oh man that is creep. Are you serious? I would of died... 😲 Well I hope I never got htrew anyhting like that ever in my life, and yes I believe you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
Have you any historyon the land or the watering hole where you get this feeling? Doesn't sound like a place I would wander to for a dip, regardless of age.

Thanks for sharing,

God Bless!
taaabbbiii (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
It is fairly obvious that some children have had some trouble in that waterhole.

Maybe next time you pluck up the courage and go for a swim there; see what they do; if you're up for it! 😁

Research is also pretty helpful. Is it an old house? Maybe you could see if someone living there actually drowned.

Good on you and good luck!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
tonith is right, the kids made had drown there before you and your family moved there. When you say the arms reach you up out of the water sound like it try to save you and not get the same as they had happen to be drownd.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Is it possible that some kids drown in that waterhole years ago before your family owned it? Some research may help. There are natural reasons for a place having a certain effect on people. Places with high electromagnetic fields can cause odd anomalies with people and animals. Places with high deposits of limestone and quartz coupled with enough water can cause a battery like effect to those that are sensitive to it. Some people experience paranoia, hallucinations, nausea, fatigue etc. All due to a sensitivity to high fields of energy. Not saying any of this is your case but to me it sure sounds like it.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Interesting.

Isn't it odd how a location or area just has that "feeling"? I can sorta picture the creepiness. Do any locals or other people acknowledge this feeling?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: