You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Loud Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Loud Noises

 

I never wanted to accept that ghost were real. It was always questionable to me. I recall several nights back in 1989.

My husband and I were separated for a while so I moved into my aunt's old house with my Mother. I was 20 years old with a 10 month old son.

Every night around 3am my son would wake up for a warm bottle of milk. My son and I actually slept on the sofa bed in the living room that was right below the main bedroom that was too creepy for anyone to sleep in.

The main bedroom was always cold and I tried never to be in there any longer than 5 minutes. The stairway leading to the bedroom was steep and the bathroom was to the right of the stairway, in order to go, you had to dash past the stairway which was always scary in the middle of the night.

One night I went to the kitchen to get a warm bottle of milk and afterwards I was lying on the sofa bed and I heard a loud thump above me, I tried to ignore it but then I heard something that sounded like the furniture was being moved. You could actually hear something loud sliding across the floor above me. I've heard of houses settling, but this was no settling house. This was as if someone picked something heavy up and dropped it and moved it from one place to another.

All I could do was hide under my comforter and pray that I could fall asleep so that morning would come fast. Every night when my baby would awaken, the same thing happened. During the day it was as if it was a spirit of peace in the house, as if things were going to be different.

Months after I moved out, my mother was there alone and she would call me and tell me that something was making her very afraid. When I asked her what it was, she said she could hear heavy breathing at night and that slept in my Aunt's bed.

My Aunt was in a nursing home, her husband died several years earlier. My Mother seemed really troubled by it. I had never heard her like this before so afraid and helpless.

I kept insisting that she get out of the house because things were probably going to get worse, she finally moved out. The house is no longer standing and I'm happy that no one else had to experience what we did in that very old noisy house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, reginap, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
I'd like to hear your story Zack Sawyer. What was it that remained with you forever?
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us! Nobody ever tried to find out who this spirit was or what it wanted? That's too bad but I'm glad everything worked out for ya'll. 😊
orbsNshadows (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Scary story. I bet you were glad to be out of there. I wonder if anyone has rebuilt on the land? If so, I wonder if they have experienced anything yet.
zacksawyer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
creepy stuff!. I experienced something similar, by similar I mean the loud thud! Like a big and heavy furniture was dropped purposely. Mine was followed by three loud knocks, and what followed would remain with me forever...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Could it be possible your aunt's husband that passed was haunting the place? Maybe he never left. Once the aunt was in a nursing home he may have been confused as to why she was no longer there and decided to make some noise. It also could have been a different spirit altogether who once lived there long ago. Hard to say. I'm glad your mother moved out if she was scared of being there. Home should be our sanctuary not a place to feel fear and dread from unseen forces.
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Did your great aunt, ever say she felt there was something in her house? Before your great uncle died. Did the house have the uneasy presence in it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: