You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Was Only Talking To Her

Real Ghost Stories

I Was Only Talking To Her

 

When I was young maybe around 6 years old and my sister was 3, my grandma and I had a very odd experience which I don't remember because I was so young but my grandma remembers it clearly.

It was a day that she came over to take care of us. I'm guessing that our parents were out at the time. She was changing my sister's diaper and I had wondered into the kitchen. She had told me to get back over where she was several times but I didn't come back. It was the last time she looked up when it happened.

She looked up from changing my sister's diaper when she saw me next to the knife drawer. Next to me in the air was the transparent head of her dead mother. She had died when my grandma was young. My grandma said she was in shock of course and I looked at her and said, "I was only talking to her."

I don't remember any of what happened at the time but, because I'm a huge paranormal geek, I had to ask my grandparents when they came to visit.

I believe that the reason that happened was because she was trying to tell me not to open the knife drawer because I would get hurt and my grandma was busy so she wasn't there to help.

I would have never known that I talked to spirit before if my grandma never told me!

Other hauntings by wolfpaw999

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wolfpaw999, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gun_Gun_Trio (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
It's a good thing you weren't traumatized by the floating head. Most adults, myself included, would probably have freaked out.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
That's a great experience. Wish you could remember it. That would be even better. Has she been around you since then?
SethOfTheRich (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
That's really an interesting story - Tonith is right, your grandmother would have no reason to lie.
I think it's really cool that your great grandma was watching out for you!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Your grandmother would have no reason to lie to you about such a thing so guess you have to take her word on it. I'm sure she was as shocked as anyone would be if they had seen the same thing. Little kids on the other hand have no knowledge of something being weird and just accept what they see and think its ok. Your grandmother had a witness that confirmed what she saw it's just too bad you don't have a recollection of it. It was traumatic to her but not you because you simply didn't know any different.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: