You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghosts Of My Past

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Of My Past

 

I am new to the site so please forgive me if I make a few mistakes in my tellings. For background information I am 29 and pretty level headed. I grew up in a sinti family (gipsy to you gadji)

And the occult and paranormal was a regular thing. I didn't even realize that others did not have such things in their lives until I started school. Well on to the beginning. When I was a baby my mother divorced my father and married again when I was 5. He moved us out to a nice single wide trailer in the country in Louisiana. It was there that the spirits of the past started to come to me and my sisters.

The land was part of an old plantation and was a tradition of the few neighbors we had for everyone to sit outside and listen to the sounds of an invisible horse and wagon pass. We could all hear clear as day the sounds of hooves on the gravel road, the clatter of the draw chains and the creak of the wood. It was never scary and now I know it was just a residual haunting. But the worst came at night.

I very vividly remember that trailer on that huge plot of land. Every night as a child I and my middle sister who shared a room with me would wake up exactly at the same time, as would my oldest sister who had her own room and my Mother. My step-father always slept through it all. We would hear the front door open and foot steps walking through to the kitchen then followed by the creaking sound of the cabinets and the scratch of the drawers drawing open. The trailer would plunge so cold you could see your breath no matter how hot it was. In the mornings we would get up to find every door in the house open, every cabinet open, every drawer pulled out. It used to infuriate my step-father since he thought it was a joke us kids were playing on him.

My mother and just about everyone in my family has the gift of one kind or another. So, tired of it my entire mother called it out. We all saw the form of a man appear in a misty darkness. It swelled from the floor and just glared at us like we were disturbing HIM! My mother told Him he was scaring us children and to leave. He just laughed and sank back through the floor. Things got worse after. In the dark I would waken to my bed shaking hard, the whole frame and mattress like someone was jerking hard on it.

Then from the side something would drag me to the floor. An evil looking thing, it kind of looked like those gremlins from the movie. But at that time I had never seen it so had no idea about it so was not a dream from watching it. Its skin would glisten slimy and its fingers were so cold they burned. To this day I remember the wicked grin on its face, devious and malicious like it wanted to eat me. I would scream and scream and my sister would start screaming because she would see it too. Finally my Mother started having us sleep with her. I never did find out what it was but I think was some earth bound spirit who was out to destroy the family.

Okay, that is all for now. I will be posting more of my story here later as it spans the length of my life and continues even now. If you have any comments or what no please feel free to offer any up. I ask though please to not be leaving negative like "oh you are dumb" or anything of the type. Thanks.

Other hauntings by StephanDragon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StephanDragon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wed112 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-15)
My stroy could not get upoaded for some reason, but let me tell you truth. I saw the same exact thing you said you saw stephan! I'm 14 I saw it when I was 10. People just don't understand how scary the thing was. My bedroom is in front of the stairs, so I woke up in the middle of the night and I felt like I was being watched. I looked straight and I saw a green gremin type creture about 5'6in tall had a huge grin on his face looked sorta bloody. I was in total shock, I swear I couldn't move. He was holding on the the staircase bars while bleeding profusly. Everyone in my family saw it and they still don't believe me. I recently just saw him but he wasn't as scary as he was before. So stephan your not alone on this guys I'm telling the truth ans so is she. Anybody else have the experiance sign up and comment on this storie about your experiance. It truly was frightening. Also While I was looking at him I shead a tear cause I was scared, again I was 10. As for religion, I'm christian. But I respect other peoples decisions srry about speeling just in a hurry. With Truth, love, and concern -Jake 😉
StephanDragon (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
as for scents it always just had this stagnant damp smell... It would actually permeate the room and we would have to spray lysol around to get it to go away fully. I always thought it was possibly an elemental but is ood... My culture describes elementals as something totally different then what a lot describe them here so I don't honestly know. As for religion... I am not christian. I and my family all practice the old faith of our people and find it is just as comforting and far more effective then a lot of what some of my christian counterparts would do... No insult ment to any christians. It mayhave just been that my counterparts were too afraid to do better.
orbsNshadows (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
The Gremlin type creature you describe sounds like an Elemental Spirit. Did you notice any smell associated with this?
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
o.o it looks like your family... Well I should just say this 'it is a gift' for you and your family to see ghost of some sort or hear it but there might be ghosts out there who doesn't like your people to see them and are out to destroy people like you

No offense though
and welcome to the site 😁
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
AussieRedDog, this is not a christian site, it's a site about ghosts, and most cultures in the world have some beliefs about them. All religions / philosophies / spiritual practices are welcome. However, a majority of visitors are american and christian, so you'll find a lot of feedback from a christian perspective.
AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
I didn't know this was a Christian site...I'm sure He does love Gyspies but that had nothing to do with StephenDragon's story, which I found quite strange. How come weird stuff happens to other people and all I get to see is ghosts? 😠
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
Very interesting stories here. Welcome to the site, StephanDragon, and know that I'll be looking for more of your tales as soon as you get them up!
StephanDragon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
well as soon as they open up the new story section I will add more on. As for the thing's appearance was large jagged teeth kind of like what would see if a shark were grinning at you. Even now it freaks me out and I am a grown man
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
Cool, hurry up and write some more. What did the grimlin's grin look like. Was the mouth large or round and were the teeth like jagged or like shards of broken glass? Never forget that Jesus loves Gypsies too. He will take care of them if you want them gone. He will give you the power to cast them out if you believe and ask.
StephanDragon (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
He was a rather nasty man in life not suppriseing was in death. My mother always told us kids, that just because a person died didn't make them any different in the after life. I truely believe that with all my heart. Over the years have met so many of the dead and most are just good people but some are just evil.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
wow sound like your stepfather's grandfather is a cold heart man I don't mean to say this just what my feeling about this being.
StephanDragon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
I grew up inbetween Roanoke and Iota Louisiana. What happened in Iota is where that part of my life happened. I was 5 years old then and a kindergardener. Never did find out what the "gremlin" thing was and it never happened after moving off the property. Did find out how ever that the man was the grandfather of my step-father when his mother took out a photo album and all us kids started crying about it.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
the end of the story you say was creepy wow and the man may be the evil one like you say your mother told him that he is scare ya'll kids and he just laugh that is so cruel of him. By the way which louisiana ya'll live as a child I live in baton rouge louisiana.
StephanDragon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
thank you much. Most of my life has been filled with the occult and a lot of paranormal incidents. Most were kindly but there were always some that were totally frightening. But as I have gotten older I am now better able to deal with them. I have a few who even move with me from place to place. I no longer fear the earthbound and try my best when encountering them to help out as best I can.
Bright Blessings to You and more of my life's story in the paranormal will follow soon ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Your mother, you and your sister have all one thing in common. Exposure to the occult from a young age and psychic sensitivity to boot. Now unless you were teens when all of this was going on because teens and kinetic energy can seem like poltergeist activity when actually it's not, then you and your sister could have been the catalylist. However your mother saw this apparition as well and I find it hard to believe all of you were hallucinating. Whatever was there made itself known to whomever could tune into it. I don't know about much about elementals except they are considered not to have been human so this is what you may have encountered with the gremlin type entity. While I have read about this kind of phenomenon I'm not sure what to make of it. Like you said I think most spirits people encounter were once human. If they were evil in their life time chances are much didn't change for them in the afterlife. Some refuse to move forward and seem to get a kick out of tormenting the living. I hope as an adult your dealings with the supernatural are not as horrendous. I can't imagine what it's like to have this gift/curse but the more I read about it the happier I am that I don't have it lol. Thanks for sharing. I will forward to your other posts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: