You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Yellow Ball

Real Ghost Stories

Yellow Ball

 

I used to pick up deceased people for several mortuaries out of homes and hospitals and deliver the deceased to the mortuary where the arrangements were to be made for them.

There was this one mortuary that also had a cemetery that I was told that employees had seen the ghost of a little girl late at night in the cemetery. I really never believed in tales such as that but I was curious at the same time. Every mortuary has their tales of something odd they have seen or heard.

I bought a yellow rubber 12" in diameter ball to carry around with me just in case I had a call to drop off at that mortuary again late at night. I figured children like to play, so I was going to use that ball as a means of communicating with her.

The next time I went to the mortuary after dropping off the deceased I drove out into the cemetery grounds. I parked the van and got out with the yellow ball. I threw it out into the cemetery and waited. Nothing happened after waiting for 15 minutes so I walked out to where I threw the ball but I couldn't find it.

I gave up looking for it so I drove out to the cemetery gate to leave. When I was about 50 yards from the gate I nearly crapped my pants seeing the yellow ball roll out into the drive way in front of me! I was so scared I could barely punch in the gate code to get out my hand was shaking so bad.

That same day I stopped working for the First Call Service.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pixel_cutter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
i find this rather interesting.
Why did you choose a yellow ball of all colors? I'm a big believer in color, and what it represents. The color yellow is an "attention grabber" MY opinion is you wanted this little girl's attention, it's also a cheerful and "sunny" color, meant to bring happiness, however studies have shown that babies and small children tend to cry more and be upset more in rooms painted yellow as it is the most difficult color to take in.
Maybe this little girl didn't like the color, even though this post is a year or so lold, id like to know if this little girl still haunts this cemetary, and if so try bringing a different colored ball... Try green, you might get a different affect.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
I agree with raingrl01 to grab the works and go out with friends to that grave yard. See what you can find out about the little girl. I know I would want to investiage, while you know she is out there now. She sounds as if she is lonely and wants someone to play with her. If you do this let us know what happen. Would be nice to know.

Thanks for writing such a good story, I really did enjoy reading about it.

Also since you picked up the deceased, did you ever have any stories, about that too?
Angelwing (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Wow, that gave me shivers just reading it! I can only imagine how shocked and scared you must have been.

If you aren't too afraid to go back there, it might be interesting to take a group and investigate further.

Great story!
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
o.o nice~ thanks for sharing your experience with us and also like black kitty... I would say it would be pretty funny if the girl appeared in front of you and gave the ball back to you... Imagine how terrified you would be 😜
BlackKitty7 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Great story. Actually I found it funny. Would you be less scared if the little girl had showed up in front of you, or returned the ball immediately after you threw that out?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
I guess that old adage about being careful what you ask for is true lol. I'm sure that shook you up but what a perfect opportunity to investigate. If what happened had nothing to do with the wind then sounds like something brought the ball to you. I don't know if I would have the nerve to go alone to that cemetary but I know I would want to investigate it. It always seems more happens when someone is alone than with a group. I guess spirits can be shy too. Great story. If you decide to investigate, keep us posted.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Great story, pixel cutter! This was one heck of a ghost story. I have to agree with celtcharm and say that while I have read many stories on here, this one truly does stand out. Thanks for letting us read it!
celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Hi pixel cutter, Thanks for shareing a great experience. I read an awful lot of ghost stories and this one really stands out! I really enjoyed it! Peace, Celtcharm
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
That's amazing. It sounds like an intellegent haunt. I would encourage maybe getting some people together and going out there. Maybe grab some video cameras, digital cameras, and tape recorders to take with you. See if you can get any information on the little girl. Good luck. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: